-24%
HP ScanJet G4010 Flatbed Scanner Reviews

HP ScanJet G4010 Flatbed Scanner

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Mine did not work with Vista

Nov 27, 2008
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Mine did not stay for more than 3 hours.

Cons:It did not work.

I bought a G4010 earlier this week.
I returned it to the shop (no questions were asked by the tech guy) the same day since it did not respond in any way (initiation via computer or direct from buttons on the scanner).
I installed the HP up-dates, but nothing happened.
I think there might be a generic fault with the software when installed in Windows Vista.

I bought a G3010 (see review), and had exactly the same problem.  HP customer support are trying to help out, but I am not holding my breath...
And it should work straight out of the box, not after half an hour on the phone and an indeterminate wait afterwards.

Incidentally, another G3010 reviewer said that HP knew of a problem with the scanner, software and Vista: "If you have Windows Vista, despite the fact that H-P says it's compatible, consider the film scanning mechanism to be simply a hood ornament. H-P, for all practical purposes, apparently has no intention of ever making good their stated intention to make this part of the machine functional..."

Interface: USB

The HP ScanJet G4010 Photo Scanner gives you the convenience and function of exclusive HP technology. Get bright, vivid scans with six-color, 96-bit s...