Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa 16oz

Turkey Kielbasa

Feb 12, 2008 (Updated Feb 12, 2008)

Pros:Love the turkey, and it's such a versatile food! Good for breakfast, snack or dinner.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Hillshire Farm is a brand I trust to feed my family and daycare kids. Their Turkey Kielbasa is one of our favorites.

I love ring sausage, and I picked up two packages of Hillshire Farm Kielbasa's when we were planning a Super Bowl party at our home. One of the sausage rings was made of beef and one was made of turkey.

The sausage rings are vacuum sealed, with an easy open tab on the left top. We served the beef at our party, and I opened the turkey today to serve to my daycare children for an afternoon snack.

The Hillsharm Farm Turkey Polska Kielbasa is slow cooked with natural spices. It needs to be refrigerated, even when it's sealed, but it is completely cooked so it can make a quick meal or snack any time of day. Both styles, the beef and turkey, have a lightly smoked flavor, and are not a bit spicy. The packages are 16 ounces.

Many Alaskans go hunting for moose or caribou and have a portion of their meat made up into sausage rings. This Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa reminds me of those types of meat.

Ingredients

Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Water, Corn Syrup, 2% or less of: Natural Spices, Natural Flavors, Salt, Dextrose, Monosodium Glutamate, Isolated Soy Protein, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Sodium Nitrite. Made with Collagen Casing. Contains Soy.

Thoughts

Honestly, I liked the turkey SO much more than the beef! It seemed heartier, and contained much less fat. The sausage ring is about 1 - 1 1/4" in diameter, and is super easy to slice up. I have a few favorite ways of using the turkey kielbasa which I'll share with you.

For breakfast I fry onions and potatoes in oil or butter until the home fries are nearly done, then add the turkey kielbasa sliced on the angle. Spice it up with salt and pepper and it makes a very tasty breakfast meal. We make this all the time when we are out camping in our motorhome. In fact, I made this last summer when we were on a fishing/camping trip with 20 people, and everyone raved about it.

For snack I place Ritz crackers either on a cookie sheet or a dinner plate, and place a 1/4" thick slice of turkey kielbasa over the top, and last I place a square of cheddar or mozzarella cheese on top. I warm them either in the oven or microwave until the cheese is melted and the sausage is heated through. My daycare kids LOVE this for snack, and it's what they were served this afternoon. My husband and I will sometimes make these for a light dinner snack.

For dinner I like to add turkey kielbasa to gumbo, bean and cabbage soups and chili, to name a few. When we're camping, I cut big chunks off of the ring, slice them in half lengthwise, and grill them over our fire pit. While those are cooking, I fry up some green and red peppers with onions, and serve this over the kielbasa in a toasted hoagie or hotdog bun. Delicious!

My daughter even made sandwiches out of the Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa. She sliced them lengthwise into thin strips and made a submarine type sandwich out of them. This is a very versatile food! Great for breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. The ways you could use this are endless.

Nutritional Information

Sugars: 2g
Protein: 8g
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron

To Summarize

This 16 ounce ring of Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa was on sale for only $1.99! We liked the turkey much more than we did the beef, and when I see it on sale I always pick some up. Each package has an expiration date which allows me to keep this in my fridge for several weeks if so desired.

I feel good about serving the turkey kielbasa to my family and my daycare children, and no matter what recipe I use this sausage in, it's always a hit.

Hillshire Farm is a brand name that I have come to trust, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes kielbasa.

Hillshire Farm Beef Summer Sausage 16 Oz

Hillshire Farm Beef Summer Sausage 16 Oz

Hillshire Farm Beef Summer Sausage

Hillshire Farm Beef Summer Sausage 16 Oz.

Hillshire Farm Beef Summer Sausage 16 Oz.

Welcome to My1Duck's Deals My1duck's Deals only sells New and/or Factory Sealed products. We receive new product several times a week. You can be conf...