Hiram Walker Blackberry Flavored Brandy 70

Hiram Walker Blackberry Flavored Brandy 70

Feb 9, 2008 (Updated Feb 9, 2008)

Pros:15 cent refund for the bottle in Maine

Cons:Too sweet and No refunds in NY.

The Bottom Line: Having nothing else I could see myself finishing this bottle over a months time slowly sipping it over ice. Then it's to Maine for that 15 cent refund.

We have some Hiram Walker Blackberry Flavored Brandy in our closet. It doesn't come out often. My wife purchased it for a drink she wanted to make. Perhaps it was the one given on the back of the bottle.

It's the Rum Runner that has a mix of 3/4 ounce Malibu Rum 3/4 ounce Hiram Walker 3 ounces orange juice, 3 ounces pineapple juice and 3 ounces cranberry juice all served over ice in a highball glass.

I don't remember her making it and if it wasn't a memorable experience one way or another it's not worth talking about.

This is an American made product from Connecticut. Because I'm not crazy about the stuff I do look forward to getting a 15 cent refund for the bottle the next time I make my way up to Maine.

The label tells us that the product has all natural flavours but doesn't tell us what natural things are in it. Can it be blackberries even if the product is known as blackberry flavoured brandy. I suppose so but don't hold this non-expert to it. The bottle tells me there is caramel colour in the goods.

The dark coloured bottle holds the liquid inside that has a light coloured brownish wine tint. It's thick and very sweet on the tongue with an almost candyish taste followed by an alcohol bite. Actually it's not followed by, it's on top of. I don't like that immediate feel or taste of this product neat, at all. I do happen to like the finish that is smooth and appealing. I also like the lingering taste that stays a while in my mouth.

Over ice it is somewhat better in its first delivery and overall taste. The ice cuts the syrupy feel and also a bit of the immediate sweetness and yet the alcohol taste is still there.

This liquor is 70 proof. Even though it is candy sweet it is still brandy based.

If I didn't have anything else in the house I could see myself finishing this bottle over a months time by slowly sipping it over ice. Then I would make my trip to Maine for that 15 cents.

Hiram Walker Brandy Blackberry 375ml

Hiram Walker Brandy Blackberry 375ml

Hiram Walker Blackberry Brandy is smooth and delicious with a deep berry taste. Liquor Fruit Brandies

Hiram Walker Brandy Ginger 750ml

The natural essence of ginger root give Hiram Walker Ginger Brandy its uniquely spiced and delicious flavor. Liquor Fruit Brandies

Hiram Walker Brandy Peach 750ml

Hiram Walker Peach Brandy is a delicious blend of fine brandy spirits and delicate, sun-ripened peaches. Liquor Fruit Brandies
Hiram Walker Brandy Peach 375ml

Hiram Walker Brandy Peach 375ml

Hiram Walker Brandy Cherry 750ml

Hiram Walker Cherry Brandy is smooth and delicious. It has a brilliant, sparkling color, delicate bouquet and true, tart cherry flavor. Liquor Fruit B...

Hiram Walker Brandy Apricot 750ml

Hiram Walker Brandy Apricot 750ml

Hiram Walker Apricot Brandy is made with several varieties of tree-ripened apricots for a robust and fruity flavor. The crisp, natural essences are ex...

Hiram Walker Hazelnut Cocktail Mixers 1L

Hiram Walker Hazelnut Cocktail Mixers 1L

Made from a blend of all natural hazelnut distillate and spirits, Hiram Walker Hazelnut Liqueur is smooth and delicious.
Napacabs