Hoffritz Professional Quality 11-piece Bakeware Set Reviews

Hoffritz Professional Quality 11-piece Bakeware Set

Baking up a storm with my Hoffritz Professional Quality 11-piece Bakeware Set

Jul 21, 2002 (Updated Jul 21, 2002)

Pros:Non Stick, Heavy Duty, Professional Quality, Affordable Price

Cons:HEAVY, I want MORE of it!

The Bottom Line: The Hoffritz Professional Quality 11-piece Bakeware Set is excellent bakeware set for the novice to expert baker.

I've always enjoyed baking, but never had a lot of time to do it, nor did I have many of the "right" tools of the trade. For years I existed baking the occasional cake in a pass-me-down cakepan that had seen many better days and cookies on cheapo warped cookie sheets. I got by, but my baking desires were rather stifled by a lack of quality supplies.

Ask and Ye Shall Receive
Around the holidays, I asked my family for some new items for my kitchen. In addition to non-stick cookware, I wanted new bakeware too, and thats where the Hoffritz Professional Quality 11-piece Bakeware Set comes to play. Out with the old, and in with the new!

In this Set

2 9" Round cake pans
2 17"x11" Cookie sheets
1 12-Cup jumbo muffin pan
2 9" Square cake pans
1 9"X13" cake pan with a plastic cover
2 9"x5" Loaf pans

All the of the pieces are great but my favorites are the cake pan and the cookie sheets. The cake pan is great because it comes with its own plastic cover (sort of like Tupperware) which makes storing your cake easy, keeps your cake fresh, and also is very convenient for transportation purposes. The lid is slightly raised so if your cake is frosted, you need not worry.

The cookie sheets probably get the most use in my house since I love to bake cookies (for my husband and son, of course) and I swear that cookies taste better when cooked on these sheets, plus no burnt bottoms. I do wish that the cookie sheets were a bit larger, or that I had 1 more of them since I like to make about 3 dozen cookies at a time.

With a little guy in the house (toddler) we love cupcakes, though I wish that a mini-cupcake pan had also been included. My son's first birthday we had a bug birthday and I made a caterpillar cake by assembling together (using frosting) different cupcakes. I made a tray of white, a tray of chocolate and also a tray of healthy muffins and incorporated them into the caterpillar. This cupcake pan, worked like a charm! I didn't want to have to use paper or foil liners and I had no problem with any of the cupcakes getting "stuck" or mangled in the pan.

I've used the loaf pans for pound cake and also for angel food cake and both were great hits. I haven't used the round cake pans much but I plan to use them in the future for birthdays.

Qualities
This bakeware from Hoffritz is in a league of its own.

Heavy Duty
All of the pieces included in this set are extremely heavy duty. I'm not about the go weigh one of my cookie sheets or cake pans but this bakeware is unlike any that I've seen. The cookie sheets are almost more like broiler pans as far as how "sturdy" and heavy duty they are. In fact, I usually have to use 2 hands to remove any of these pieces from the oven, since they are not light at all and I'm rather a wimp. The reason they are so heavy is because the pieces are all made of a thicker gauge high carbon steel which is approximately four times as thick as traditional home bakeware. Benefits of this type of construction include better heat conductivity, no buckling or warping as well as a reduction of hot spots. Using my cheap cookie sheets in the past I had experienced all of these problems, the most frustrating of which was burnt cookie bottoms and pans that would not sit flat. Since using my Hoffritz pans, I've not experienced any of these troubles. It no surprise that these are also the same quality of pans which are used by the professionals.

Non-Stick
When I think of "non-stick", I instantly think of products like T-fal or Calphalon. This non-stick bakeware from Hoffritz doesn't look anything like either of these popular brands. Its neither an obvious coating, or that "flat" (non-shiny) black appearance, but rather a shiny dark metal. Apparently Hoffritz uses a unique 2-step process to apply their non-stick coating via an electrostatic application. This sounds way too complicated for me, but it whatever it is - it works!! Cakes, cookies, cupcakes all slide free from this cookware without leaving a big cooked on sticky mess. Cleanup is just as easy, the smaller pieces can all go in the dishwasher and its ok to use abrasives on them. I've found that I like to use a little bit of a cooking spray on things like the cake pan or cupcake pan to make things even easier.

Warranty
The Hoffritz Professional Quality 11-piece Bakeware Set comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Overall
I highly recommend checking into this set if you are looking for quality bakeware at an affordable price, whether you are new to baking or an experienced baker just looking for quality, professional-grade bakeware to prepare your treats upon. I've made more in the past 6 months than I'd made in years and I owe much of it to this wonderful bakeware set (as well as captive audience to taste test and devour my concoctions). This bakeware set would also make a great gift at a bridal shower or a housewarming gift.

Happy Baking!

4 Piece Set - Hoffritz 3d Silicone Christmas Tree Baking Pan Mold

4 Piece Set - Hoffritz 3d Silicone Christmas Tree Baking Pan Mold

4 Piece Set - Hoffritz 3D Silicone Christmas Tree Baking Pan Mold Shop by Brand Store Categories Bill Me Later !! 4 Piece Set - Hoffritz 3D Silicone C...

Hoffritz 16 Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Fondue Set –

Hoffritz 16 Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Fondue Set –

Hoffritz 16 Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Fondue Set – Brand New This set would be perfect for any Holiday Entertaining or Holiday Gathering. It is g...

Hoffritz Back Bay (Stainless) Fork - Stainless,Plain,Round Tip,Glossy,18/10

Hoffritz Back Bay (Stainless) Fork - Stainless,Plain,Round Tip,Glossy,18/10

Hoffritz - Hoffritz Back Bay (Stainless) Fork - Stainless,Plain,Round Tip,Glossy,18/10
Replacements, Ltd.

Hoffritz Utensil, Vegetable Brush

This Hoffritz Vegetable Brush is the prefect way to gently clean your vegetables. Dishwasher safe. 9 inch long.
Pfaltzgraff

Hoffritz 2 Piece Nesting Aluminum Stockpot Set

Hoffritz 2 Piece Nesting Aluminum Stockpot Set

Hoffritz 2 Piece Nesting Aluminum Stockpot Set This Hoffritz 4 Piece Nesting Stockpot Set is perfect for preparing big family dinners or holiday meals...

Hoffritz - Hoffritz Hof1 (Stainless) Demitasse Spoon - Stainless,Super,Germany,Satin Handle
Replacements, Ltd.

Hoffritz Mellon Baller

Hoffritz Mellon Baller

This Hoffritz Mellon Baller is a handy tool for uniform round scooping. The scoop will make perfect sized melon balls for fruit salad quickly and nea...
Pfaltzgraff

Hoffritz Medium Scoop

Hoffritz Medium Scoop

Pfaltzgraff This Hoffritz Medium Scoop lets you pick up dough and slide it off the dropper directly onto the cookie sheet without getting your fingers...

Hoffritz Utensil, Vegetable Brush

Pfaltzgraff Hoffritz Utensil, Vegetable Brush This Hoffritz Vegetable Brush is the prefect way to gently clean your vegetables. Dishwasher safe. 9 inc...