Hollywood 48 Hour Miracle Diet

Hollywood told me I'd lose 10 pounds on this 48-Hour Miracle Diet

Mar 26, 2003

Pros:Easy to use; no artificial ingredients.

Cons:No protein, only 400 calories, I was hungry by the second day.

The Bottom Line: I'm happy with this diet. I would use this again. I lost weight and kicked the binge I was on.

Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet is under diet foods. It is as much a diet as a food so I will address both.

Why I tried this diet?

I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I love the program and it has worked for me. After eating at buffets and too many Krispy Kremes in Las Vegas I had a hard time getting back on Weight Watchers and watched my weight creep up. Desperate to kick start my motivation I ordered this product online (review to follow). I have tried them all – since hitting 45 six years ago keeping weight off has been a struggle. Losing 10 pounds in 48 hours sounded very attractive. I read the material and knew that I could drink 4 glass of orange juice for 2 days along with my dozen supplements and save some money but I needed the structure that most diets give.

How healthy is the diet and does it pose any health risks?

The Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet® disrupts your regular food intake while cleansing your digestive system and activating your body’s internal "fat burning furnace". The "miracle juice" has been formulated to help restore the biochemical and mineral balance in tissues and cells, assimilating vital trace elements, enzymes and minerals into the blood stream without straining your digestive system. (From http://www.seetvproductsforless.com/hollywood48hr.htm)

This juice replaces all food for two days. Many people fast once in awhile, some once a month to cleanse their body and some feel it rejuvenates their mind. It isn’t unusual for people into holistic medicines to fast on a regular basis. The fact is most doctors will tell you that you need at least 1000 calories (more like 1200) a day. This juice provides 400 calories each day! I think perhaps using this once a month or every 6 months is alright. I am not sure many would agree that 2 days of 400 calories is healthy but on the other hand it provides vitamins so it doesn’t appear in and of itself unhealthy. The diet supplies all of the needed nutrients required over the two-day period!

Please consult your doctor before going on any kind of diet. Do not use this if you are pregnant, nursing, a diabetic, taking medication or have a medical condition.

About this product and how it is used:

Hollywood 48-Hour Diet comes in a 32-ounce plastic bottle. There is an expiration date on the bottle. It looks like a bottle of apricot juice.

There is a mark on the bottle and that is how much you use the first day. Four ounces of the juice are mixed with 4 ounces of water. (The bottle suggests bottled water.) I then sipped that over 4 hours and did that 3 more times during the rest of the day. We are told to drink 8 glasses of water each day.

The first day it made me nauseous. I guess that was a good thing because I wasn’t hungry. In fact between the juice and the water I felt full and had no desire to eat. The second day for whatever reason (Maybe because I was so hungry anything would have tasted good.) the juice didn’t taste bad. I never found that I thought it delicious. I would rather have had a Diet Coke, but I wasn’t having trouble or dreading getting it down. I didn’t feel at all sick the second day although I had a really bad headache. By nighttime I was starving and almost broke down and ate.

We are told that for best results don’t eat anything – no food, alcohol, caffeine or tobacco. I didn’t chew even one piece of gum. I didn’t even have decaf coffee because I would have put milk in it. All I had was the juice and water for 2 days.

You must shake it well before each use and it has to be refrigerated after opening it.

What I did was mix a whole day’s worth in a water bottle. I then drank 4 ounces during the first 4 hours and just sipped the rest for the rest of the day. I did that both days and I think it is an easier way rather than mixing it each time. I also think if it is already made you are more likely to drink it.

What is in it:

This juice has 100 calories as I said per serving, no fat or cholesterol. It has 22 grams of sugar per serving, 20 mg of sodium per serving. (Remember one serving is 4 ounces of the concentrated juice.)It has 25 grams of carbohydrates and no protein. It contains 75% of Vitamins A, C, D, E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid and Pantothenic Acid. Those numbers are for the whole day. We are told that it contains 100% Pasteurized Fruit Juice from concentrates and purees by weight.

Other ingredients: purified water, pineapple, apple, orange, and grape juice concentrates, apricot, peach, and banana purees. It also has a special blend of essential oils of bergamot, tangerine, lemon, orange, and lavender. I did not list the vitamins again.

The sugar in the product as you can see and as the bottle tells us is not processed sugar and this contains no artificial ingredients.

Hollywood 48-hour Miracle Diet can be bought on many sites online as well as on TV. It is a “As seen on TV product” so if you have a “As seen on TV store near you, it should be able to be bought there as well. I paid $20.00 including shipping. If you buy more than one bottle, almost every site has special promotions, which vary, by site. If you buy it through the TV promotion you will pay $27.00 with shipping.

Did it work and would I do it again?

Once a year for religious reasons I fast. That means no water either. This is certainly less painful than a day of fasting. The juice is filling and as I said by the second day I didn’t dislike the taste. The taste during a good moment is a combination of sweet and tart. If I were to name one flavor I would name apricot. I would use this again. I could see spending $20 a month to detoxify my system and lose a few pounds.

I found that I didn't have the energy I am used to. The jolt of caffeine in the morning and food really does give me energy. In spite of the vitamins in this product, there is no protein. The carbohydrates got me through a measly workout but having no protein is strange for me and by the second night I was feeling a bit weak.

I got on the scale on the 3rd day and had lost 5 pounds. Ok, it isn't 10 but I was very pleased. Not only had I lost 5 pounds, but I discovered my binge was over and I am back on Weight Watchers having no desire for the junk I was eating. It accomplished losing weight quickly and getting rid of the desire to binge. In my book, that means it worked for me.

One note of caution. The third day I had a cup of coffee and went to the gym. I don't eat before the gym unless I go late and then I eat an hour before. That was a mistake because I felt really dizzy. I was going on 3 days without food and working hard. So please on the 3rd day, eat!

Please feel free to leave me a question or comment.

You may also be interested in:

Body for Life by Bill Phillips- the book

The Atkins Diet

Weight Watchers

Get With The Program" (Bob Greene - Oprah's mentor)

Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution- the book

Body for Life- the diet

Hollywood 24-hour Miracle Diet, Hollywood Diet, 16 Oz

Hollywood 24-hour Miracle Diet, Hollywood Diet, 16 Oz

Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet from Hollywood Diet Lose weight naturally, while you cleanse, detoxify and rejuvenate your body: For 24 hours enjoy a s...

Hollywood Diet Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet 16 fl oz Liquid

Hollywood Diet Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet 16 fl oz Liquid

Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet 16 fl oz Liquid - Encourage weight loss with The Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet. This all-natural detox formula feature...
Swanson Health Products

Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet (16 oz) by Hollywood Diet

Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet (16 oz) by Hollywood Diet

Lose weight naturally, while you cleanse, detoxify and rejuvenate your body: For 24 hours enjoy a special formulation of all natural juices. You will...
4AllVitamins

Hollywood 48 Hour Miracle Diet (fruit Mix Orange Flavor) 947ml From Japan

Hollywood 48 Hour Miracle Diet (fruit Mix Orange Flavor) 947ml From Japan

New Hollywood 48 hour Miracle Diet (fruit mix orange flavor) 947ml from Japan Description New Hollywood 48 hour Miracle Diet (fruit mix orange flavor)...

Hollywood Diet Herbal Clean 48-Hour Miracle 32 fl oz

Hollywood Diet Herbal Clean 48-Hour Miracle 32 fl oz

Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet for temporary weight management or an ideal jump start to any diet! In 1996 we created the juice fasting industry with ...
Vitacost.com

Hollywood Diet Herbal Clean Original Hollywood 24 Hour Miracle Diet 16 Fl Oz

Hollywood Diet Herbal Clean Original Hollywood 24 Hour Miracle Diet 16 Fl Oz

Hollywood Diet Herbal Clean Hollywood 24 Hour Miracle Diet Description: • Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet for Temporary Weight Management or an Ideal...

Hollywood Diet Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet 32 fl oz Liquid

Hollywood Diet Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet 32 fl oz Liquid

Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet 32 fl oz Liquid - The Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet is a delicious tasting juice concentrate. This simple and easy det...
Swanson Health Products

Hollywood 48-hour Miracle Diet, 32-ounce Bottles (pack Of 2)

Hollywood 48-hour Miracle Diet, 32-ounce Bottles (pack Of 2)

Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Information Shipping Weight:4.9 pounds Ca...