Homelite Consumer Products 4.0 Amp, 13 In. Trimmer (UT41110) Reviews

Homelite Consumer Products 4.0 Amp, 13 In. Trimmer (UT41110)

Get what you pay for

Mar 17, 2012

Pros:The price is LOW.

Cons:The adjustable length was a joke.  The string auto-feed.

The Bottom Line: Low price, but that's its best feature.

Okay, I bought this today and will be taking it back tomorrow.  If you have an extremely LITTLE amount of trimming to do, this trimmer will do it.  If you have more than say, 25 (linear) feet total, you may not be happy with this trimmer.  I bought this trimmer basically because it was the lowest priced model on the shelf.  I will be getting a bit more robust (and expensive) model tomorrow.  The trimmer has an 'automatic' feed feature, which many trimmers have now, I wasn't impressed.  At one point I lost one of the two strings coming out of the head and despite threading it through a couple times, it kept 'disappearing'.  It boasts an adjustable length, it's only adjustable if you're a midget.  I'm not terribly tall and it only worked for me if it was fully extended, they really need it to be longer.  If you are severely strapped for cash, this trimmer would work in a pinch.  If you can afford ANYTHING else, buy it.

The motor at 4 amps is at the lower end, but appeared to work fine for what I was putting it in use for.  There is a little metal 'guide' which, if you want/when you want, you can put down/out from the motor.  It is intended to keep you a uniform distance from trees or whatever, a bit of useless metal to me.  They give you a large trigger, but you find out that it only works/responds when you pull the trigger right up at the top of the handle, not sure why the trigger is as big as it is.

NEW 4 amp Corded String Trimmer Weed Edger Lawn 13 Cutting Path FREE SHIPPING, TOO!It's SPRING!!Buy With Confidence - See our Customer Reviews!Product...