Homelite Electric 3.7 Amp 22 In. Hedge Trimmer, UT44120 (Homelite) (046396861009) Reviews

Homelite Electric 3.7 Amp 22 In. Hedge Trimmer

Oct 28, 2011

Pros:lightweight in the hands
little vibration

Cons:loud

The Bottom Line:

I've used and owned Homelite electric-garden-tools before. This Homelite Hedge Trimmer drawing 3.7 amps with 22" blade is another good purchase that make the job easier at a reasonable price.

The Homelite Electric model UT44121 3.7 Amp 22" hedge trimmer is ideal for the homeowner. It cuts up to 1/2" branches cleanly and feels good and safe in my hands with little vibration.

I purchased this Electric hedge trimmer at my local Home Depot. I was wrestling between this a a B&D that was $10 more. I went for price after checking them out side by side (not running) on the store shelves. The salesman told me they do well with this particular trimmer not seeing them come back. I d wish the sales guy put some light machine oil in my hand at POP. It's strongly suggested before and after each use and again during prolonged use.

The Homelite Electric model UT44121 3.7 Amp 22" Hedge Trimmer
The The Homelite Electric model UT44121 3.7 Amp 22" hedge trimmer has dual action blades that are said to cause less vibration than single. According to box top info, 53% less. It has a Debris remover a yellow plastic slip on fin that slides up on the top of the blade to the hand guard. It's made for helping to remove debris. It goes on and off easily enough. The blades are of hardened steel.

There's a guard shield just before the wrap-a-around handle. The trigger system makes it so both a top switch and the trigger must be worked in tandem to start the blade action. The top switch can then be released. Once the trigger is released the blade stops and can only be restarted in tandem with the top switch again.

The trimmer comes with a six inch pigtail which needs an extension cord. A 16 gauge cord is fine up to 50 ft. At 100 ft. they suggest dropping to a heavier gauge 14. A cord retention hook help keep the cord in place.

pops Take

I have been happy with other Homelite tools including my leaf blower.
I was considering a longer trimmer but cost kept me on this one that is 5" longer than the next lowest Homelite at $10 less. I thought the difference a no brainer. The weight is 5.5 pounds and it also has a bit more power. Being able to cut through 1/2" branches as compared to the smaller model's 3/8" was a deal Maker for me.

The debris remover doesn't do much for me. I don't use it. It gets in the way of my vision to the far side of the blade that I am working into branches. I'm also skeptical about the the small retainer clip that holds the debris remover on. It's sure to fall off the Homelite Hedge Trimmer in use.

The vibration, or lack of it is appreciated. It's a real selling point. The machine is a little loud but feels smooth in the hands. I have used the tool adding oil to the blades as suggested sometimes. To date it is running OK. The blades are staying sharp and when the blades are worked into a 90 degree angle with the branches, it cuts very well.

At this point the tool is still relatively new to me.  At first try I can recommend it but will only give it three stars until I get more experience with the tool. Look for an update in the spring of 1012.

Homelite 22 in. Electric Hedge Trimmer

Homelite 22 in. Electric Hedge Trimmer

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The Homelite 3.7 Amp Electric Hedge Trimmer is a must have tool for any weekend warrior. Shorten y...
Home Depot

Homelite 17 in. Electric Hedge Trimmer

Homelite 17 in. Electric Hedge Trimmer

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The Homelite 2.7 Amp Electric Hedge Trimmer is the perfect tool to add to your shed. With its 17 i...
Home Depot

Homelite Electric Hedge Trimmer Ut44121a, 22-inch, 3.7 Amp In Box Best Value

Homelite Electric Hedge Trimmer Ut44121a, 22-inch, 3.7 Amp In Box Best Value

This listing is for the Homelite 22 inch electric hedge trimmer with 3.7 amps of power. I have sold many of these units with very good results. You wi...

Homelite Electric Hedge Trimmer

Homelite Electric Hedge Trimmer

This product will not let you down. Keep your hedges from over grow and out of control.

CPO Outlets

Tyler Tool

Black & Decker 3.8 Amp 20 Dual Action Electric Hedge Trimmer Ht20

Black & Decker 3.8 Amp 20 Dual Action Electric Hedge Trimmer Ht20

CPO SEARCH SHOP BY CATEGORY Accessories Combo Kits Compressors Generators Cordless Tools Drills/Drivers Hand Tools Heavy-Duty Home Measuring Tools Met...

Black & Decker HT20 3.8 Amp 20 in. Dual Action Electric Hedge Trimmer

Black & Decker HT20 3.8 Amp 20 in. Dual Action Electric Hedge Trimmer

CPO Black and Decker

HT20 3.8 Amp 20 in. Dual Action Electric Hedge Trimmer

HT20 3.8 Amp 20 in. Dual Action Electric Hedge Trimmer

Black & Decker HT20. Features: 20 in. dual-action blades cut branches faster with 40% less vibration for more comfortable use. Powerful 3.8 Amp motor ...
Black & Decker 20 in. Hedge Trimmer