Honda HRX217HYA 21 in Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower (649740) Reviews

Honda Lawn Mower: Well Loved By Landscapers

Jul 9, 2010

Pros:Reliability and plenty of power. Bags plenty of grass with its large bag.

Cons:Price, although not unreasonable for the features that you get.

The Bottom Line: The Honda 21 inch NeXite is an investment that is well worth the extra price. It's solid and reliable. It's an animal!

Why I bought the Honda Mower:
As a landscaper, I demand reliability from my equipment. After too many issues with my old mower, I decided that because it just couldn't cut it anymore, I needed to upgrade. I purchased three separate brands of lawn mowers, and had multiple problems with each one. I was hesitant to spend the money on the Honda, although I had wanted it from the very beginning. Finally, I convinced myself to give it a shot: it was a business investment, after all. Now I can see why so many professional landscaping companies use Honda mowers.

Mower Description:
The Honda 21 inch NeXite is a lightweight but powerful Honda lawn mower. It is lightweight due to its plastic frame and powerful thanks to its huge GCV190 engine. It is a twin blade mulching mower, which cuts the grass twice with each pass. One blade is stacked directly above the other, which cuts the grass into smaller pieces, cutting down on your need to empty your bag.

Honda Lawn Mower Features:

* 4 in 1 Versamow System
* Auto Choke System
* Variable Speed Smart Self Propel Feature

What I love about it:
From the very first usage, I loved the power of this mower. I can run over just about any length or thickness of grass without it clogging or stalling out on me. It even goes through wet grass with ease. The self-propelling feature on this Honda lawn mower makes walking behind it effortless. You can easily adjust the amount of self-propelled power that is available by gently pressing the lever with your thumbs- you don't even have to take your hands off the handle bar. Depending on how much you press the adjustable lever, this mower can take you for a ride. Increasing the self-propelled power is great when going up steep hills and uneven terrain. This Honda is a quiet mower, compared to the many other mowers I have used in the past. The rear bagger is huge, and holds a ton of grass. This enables me to not have to change my bag out as often, when I am bagging. It is light because of the NeXite deck, making it a mower that is manageable and easy to handle for just about anyone. I love the large 9 inch wheels, they keep the mower stable and roll smoothly. The warranty is also nice; it has a five year residential warranty. There is also a lifetime warranty on the deck, to protect you from any defects. The handle folds up, making the mower compact when you need to store it. This is a nifty feature for those whose garage space is minimal.

I have to say, the Honda name certainly lives up to its reputation for reliability with this Honda lawn mower. It starts up strong, the first time, every time.

What I don't love about it:
I don't have much in the way of complaints, other than the fact that this mower seems to go through oil quickly. You also have to adjust all four tires separately, which can be time consuming when you want to adjust the mowing height.

Honda 21 Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower - HRX217HYA

Honda 21 Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower - HRX217HYA

HRX217HYA SPECIFICATIONS Engine GCV190 Deck Material NeXite Cutting Width 21 Mowing height range 3/4 - 4 Mowing height adjustments 7 Drive Control Cru...

Honda 21 Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower

Honda 21 Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower

HRX217HYA SPECIFICATIONS Engine GCV190 Deck Material NeXite® Cutting Width 21 Mowing height range 3/4 - 4 Mowing height adjustments 7 Drive Control C...