Honda HRX217HYA 21 in Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower (649740) Reviews

Honda Lawn Mower: Well Loved By Landscapers

Jul 9, 2010

Pros:Reliability and plenty of power. Bags plenty of grass with its large bag.

Cons:Price, although not unreasonable for the features that you get.

The Bottom Line: The Honda 21 inch NeXite is an investment that is well worth the extra price. It's solid and reliable. It's an animal!

Why I bought the Honda Mower:
As a landscaper, I demand reliability from my equipment. After too many issues with my old mower, I decided that because it just couldn't cut it anymore, I needed to upgrade. I purchased three separate brands of lawn mowers, and had multiple problems with each one. I was hesitant to spend the money on the Honda, although I had wanted it from the very beginning. Finally, I convinced myself to give it a shot: it was a business investment, after all. Now I can see why so many professional landscaping companies use Honda mowers.

Mower Description:
The Honda 21 inch NeXite is a lightweight but powerful Honda lawn mower. It is lightweight due to its plastic frame and powerful thanks to its huge GCV190 engine. It is a twin blade mulching mower, which cuts the grass twice with each pass. One blade is stacked directly above the other, which cuts the grass into smaller pieces, cutting down on your need to empty your bag.

Honda Lawn Mower Features:

* 4 in 1 Versamow System
* Auto Choke System
* Variable Speed Smart Self Propel Feature

What I love about it:
From the very first usage, I loved the power of this mower. I can run over just about any length or thickness of grass without it clogging or stalling out on me. It even goes through wet grass with ease. The self-propelling feature on this Honda lawn mower makes walking behind it effortless. You can easily adjust the amount of self-propelled power that is available by gently pressing the lever with your thumbs- you don't even have to take your hands off the handle bar. Depending on how much you press the adjustable lever, this mower can take you for a ride. Increasing the self-propelled power is great when going up steep hills and uneven terrain. This Honda is a quiet mower, compared to the many other mowers I have used in the past. The rear bagger is huge, and holds a ton of grass. This enables me to not have to change my bag out as often, when I am bagging. It is light because of the NeXite deck, making it a mower that is manageable and easy to handle for just about anyone. I love the large 9 inch wheels, they keep the mower stable and roll smoothly. The warranty is also nice; it has a five year residential warranty. There is also a lifetime warranty on the deck, to protect you from any defects. The handle folds up, making the mower compact when you need to store it. This is a nifty feature for those whose garage space is minimal.

I have to say, the Honda name certainly lives up to its reputation for reliability with this Honda lawn mower. It starts up strong, the first time, every time.

What I don't love about it:
I don't have much in the way of complaints, other than the fact that this mower seems to go through oil quickly. You also have to adjust all four tires separately, which can be time consuming when you want to adjust the mowing height.

Honda Lawn Mower. GCV190 21 in. Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The Honda 21 in. GCV190 Gas Variable-Speed Self-Propelled Walk Behind Mower features hydrostatic c...
Home Depot

Honda 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow Self-Propelled Lawn Mower with Roto-Stop Blade System HRX217HYA

187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow Self-Propelled Lawn Mower w/ Roto-Stop Blade System -659160. Collection Bag. Side Discharge Chute. Mulch Plug
CPO Outlets

Honda Lawn Mower. 21 in. Nexite Deck Electric Start Gas Mower with Versamow Technology

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Honda SMART 21 in. Nexite Deck, Twin Blade Lawnmower. Self-Propelled with Variable Speed Smart Dri...

Honda Recoil Starter 28400-z0y-013za Gcv190 Gsv190 Hrb217 Hrx217

Honda Recoil Starter 28400-z0y-013za Gcv190 Gsv190 Hrb217 Hrx217

Honda *OEM* Recoil Starter 28400-Z0Y-013ZA GCV190 GSV190 HRB217 HRX217 HRX217K1 HRX217K2 HRX217K3 Who we are ARE Concord Garden Equipment is one of th...
GENUINE OEM Honda HRX217 (HRX2172HMA) (HRX2172HXA) (HRX2172VKA) Walk-Behind Lawn Mower Engines AIR FILTER CLEANER ELEMENT

Features: PLEASE VERIFY THE CORRECT PARTS FOR YOUR ENGINE/EQUIPMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER - IF YOUR ENGINE IS NOT LISTED IN THE DESCRIPTION, PL...
Honda 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow Smart Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower HRX217VKA

187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow Smart Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower -659190. Collection Bag. Side Discharge Chute. Mulch Plug
Tyler Tool

CPO Outlets

Honda Bag Frame for HRX Series Mower

Honda Bag Frame for HRX Series Mower

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. For that clean finished look to your lawn, you just can't beat a grass bag. This frame supports th...

Honda Fabric Grass Bag for HRX Series Mower

Honda Fabric Grass Bag for HRX Series Mower

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. For that clean finished look to your lawn, you just can't beat a grass bag. Clippings are blown in...
Home Depot

Honda 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow Smart Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower with Electric Start HRX217VLA

187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow Smart Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower w/ Electric Start -659180. Collection Bag. Discharge Chute. Mulch Plug
Tyler Tool