Honda Generator Eu1000i

Honda EU3000is Generator is the best!

Feb 7, 2003

Pros:Extremely quiet;runs itself;tons of accessories;built tough and tight.

Cons:If you can pick up about 135 + lbs, none at all.

The Bottom Line: If you want a quiet generator to power what you really need i.e charing up the batteries,microwave and do not forget the A/C on those hot days, get it.

Many years ago, when we moved on to trailer "camping", (the family grew and we got tired of the dog rolling the tent to another site when we were scuba diving at night) I really was determined to get myself one of those loud generators. When I decided to put some hours into researching this, I learned that not all generators make that racket and I did not have to buy a really expensive one to put into one of my limited storage holes in my trailer. Plus the idea of drilling holes, and mounting a gas tank and exhaust issues got me thinking about the permanent route, not to mention the new weight and leveling issues to go with the trailer and towing. For those of us with limited outside storage, you know what I mean. I put the idea on the back burner for a bit.
Well, recently we purchased a newer larger trailer with a slide to accommodate the family. I got the itch again and really went out looking on the internet, asking around and I just kept hearing "HONDA". Did some more research and had some extra money (like that was possible) left over from the old trailer sale and decided to make it happened. I read about this one and liked what I saw. Heck, you can carry a conversation on right next to it and not have to raise your voice. I can pick it up and put it anywhere I want. Usually, I put it under the stairs to the trailer and chain it to them. I purchased on of those hour meters (tons of accessories) and am keeping track of the hours. Maintenance is a snap, basically change the oil per interval schedule and I have yet to change the spark plug or anything else to it yet.

For some quick specs:

Super Quiet, Inverter-Equipped
3,000 watts max.- (25A 120V)
2,800 watts rated- (23.3A 120V)
Engine- 6.5HP Single cylinder, overhead valve, air cooled with forced air - Extremely fuel efficient & smooth running.
Rated Frequency- 50/60 Hz (cycles)
Starter- Electric and Recoil
Automatic compression release (ACR) for quick starting.
Receptacles- (15A 125V DUPLEX) "2 household type receptacles" (30A 125V Locking Plug)
Eco-Throttle- Automatically maintains engine speed and power output at the most efficient level under all usage loads.
Noise level- 49 to 59 dB (1/4 load & Rated load)
Oil alert- Shuts unit down when the oil drops below a safe operating level to prevent engine damage.
Weight- 134.5 lbs. Dry
Tank size- 3.4 gallons
Run time- 20-7.1 hrs. (1/4 load & Rated load)
AC Circuit Breaker- Automatically switches off if there is a short circuit or significant overload.
DC output (Requires optional cable) The DC terminals may ONLY be used for charging 12-volt automotive type batteries.
DC Circuit Protector- Shuts off the DC when overloaded or if there is a connection problem.
Dimensions (LxWxH) - 25.8" x 18.9" x 22.4" (With optional wheel kit Height is 24.5")

Take all the above in mind and imagine, when I bought it, I was going camping. I swung by the local Honda dealership after I called ahead and told them about my tight schedule. I arrived, he rolled it out and I mentioned I was worried still because all the places I called said I needed at least a 4500 to run my A/C. He said, we will see (while smiling). We plugged it in and turned on the A/C. Only a slight drop in RPM's, which came right back up again. I asked him could it take more, and said sure. I went back in and turned on the microwave and again a drop in RPM's but no overload lamp for the 3 minutes that I ran them both. I was sold and he was too :) I did spend the higher end at $2,000, but I did not want to wait for the mail order route (save about $300-$500), plus, if anything ever did go wrong with it (doubt it), I can just go right back, instead of having to answer that horrid question, "did you buy it here?"
What the hey, want more power to run a complete site and then some (maybe even your in-laws rig), buy two and get the optional parallel cable to hook them both together for 6000!
I will probably put some money down on the AccuMate Battery Charger for it and all my other batteries in the garage.
Again, a great generator and the only reason why I did not give it a "5" on durability is because someone could drop it off the tailgate and break it - it does weigh 135+lbs. except for that scenario, I would have rated it a "5".
Hope this review helped and I can definitely say it was the best money spent so far for my camping experience.
Happy trails - Goodbye

In Box, Honda Eu2000i Gasoline Portable Generator

In Box, Honda Eu2000i Gasoline Portable Generator

Brand New in Box,HONDA EU2000i Gasoline Generator - Wingback16 Fast and free shipping from San Francisco, Ca (in continental US)Great for camping in Y...

Honda Eu3000is Generator 4-wheel Kit - Original

Honda Eu3000is Generator 4-wheel Kit - Original

The EcoThrottle system in the Honda EU3000iSA 3000-watt generator automatically adjusts the speed of the engine to the optimum level. With just 49 to ...

EU1000T1A 1,000 Watt Portable Generator - 659800
Tyler Tool

EU1000T1A 1,000 Watt Portable Generator - 659800
CPO Outlets

Honda Inverter Generator Storage Cover Em5000i Eu6500is

Honda Inverter Generator Storage Cover Em5000i Eu6500is

HONDA EB AND EM INVERTER SERIES GENERATOR STORAGE COVER *NEW* (generators shown for display purposes only and are not included) Honda EB And EM Invert...

Honda EU7000iS Inverter Generator (EFI)

Honda EU7000iS Inverter Generator (EFI)

7,000 watts of super quiet powerFuel Injected, reliable Honda GX390 EFI engine with Honda Oil Alert reduces maintenance associated with carburetors an...
WiseSales.com

Honda Generator 30 Amp Rv Adapter Eu3000i Eu6500i

Honda Generator 30 Amp Rv Adapter Eu3000i Eu6500i

GENUINE HONDA GENERATOR 30 AMP RV ADAPTER *NEW* Genuine Honda Generator 30 Amp RV Adpter Plug This plug allows you to plug your RV cord directly into ...

Honda EU3000i Handi 3,000 Watt Portable Generator with Parallel Capability (CARB)

3,000 Watt Portable Generator w/ Parallel Capability (CARB) - 658150
CPO Outlets

3,000 Watt Portable Generator w/ Parallel Capability (CARB) - 658150
Tyler Tool

Honda Eu2000i Generator Parallel Cable Set With 30 Amp Rv Adapter 08e92-hpk2031

Honda Eu2000i Generator Parallel Cable Set With 30 Amp Rv Adapter 08e92-hpk2031

GENUINE EU2000i GENERATOR PARALLEL CABLE KIT *NEW* (generators shown for display purposes only and are not included) Genuine Honda EU2000i Generator P...