Honey Dew Donuts

The truth about Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop

Jan 7, 2009 (Updated Jan 7, 2009)

Pros:Good food and drink lists, good prices, nice decor.

Cons:And the list goes on and on!

The Bottom Line: Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shops don't want you to know what goes on behind closed doors, or windows as the case may be!

This is a hands down first hand experience type of review. Not only did I go to Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop for years but I also worked there for a hort period of time a few yeas ago. I felt the need to write this review to better inform the customers of what the are really getting when they order food or drinks from the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop.

Where:

The exact location of the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop that this review is based on is in Pawtucket Rhode Island on the corner of Newport avenue and Cottage street. I lived down the street from it for years so this is the location I ordered from and later on worked at.

What the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop sells:

The Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop sells a lot of food items. Some of which include the following list.

Breakfast sandwhiches- You can choose a croisant, bagel, or english muffin to eat. You can get plain egg sandwhich, with or with out cheese. For extra you can order ham, sausage or bacon to go on it. I hear today they even sell pita pocket ones and full omlet ones. I have not tried those few. They have bagels of all kinds and all kinds of cream cheese including fat free and low fat flavored ones.

Donuts- Boston cream, honey dipped, plain, powdered, lemon filled, jelly, apple spice, chocolate covered, sprinkled, french donuts and many many more! The list could go on and on. the do have a large selection of them.

Dew drops- Also known as donut holes. They are sold in boxes of 25-50-75-100 and so on. They come in jelly, honey dipped, plain, cinnamon, powdered and chocolate glazed. They are rather large compared to Dunkin Donuts. I will give them that much.

Pastry- Cinnamon sticks, apple sticks, eclairs, scones, cookies and much more can be found in the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop. Thier list may have grown since I worked there so I am just writing the ones that I know that they sell for sure through my own experiences.

Coffee- Hot coffee or iced coffee. French vanilla, Hazelnut, Irish cream, cappicino, caramel, cinnamon apice and more you can find in coffe flavors. They also have decaf and all the same flavors in decafe. The mochachino is a frozen coffee drink. I know they have 2 other coffee drinks that are frozen but I can not remember off hand what they are called.

Tea-

The tea is pretty basic. It is decaf or regular tea. That is all there is to that.

Hot chocolate-

The hot chocolate is made with water. It is very dark. You can get it with milk and whipped cream for no extra charge to better what you want it to be like. There are no flavored hot chocolates at all.

Those are just some of the items that you can buy at the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop. I could list them all but it would take me all night to do that so I listed them as most popular. The Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop may have a lot to offer the customer. In fact the food used to be pretty darn good to me before I worked in the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop. That spoiled me from their coffee and foods forever. OI have never set foot in a Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop since I quit working for them.

The prices are good. Fair compared to most places but it still is not worth it once you find out the truth about Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop. The decor is nice. A few nice wall hangings. Some booths for sitting at. The do have a news paper rack and a cooler where soft drinks and milks can be purchased.

What you need to know that you don't want to really know!:

Now this should change your mind about ever eating in the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop again! The iced coffee is not made iced coffee like Dunkin Donuts is. Instead it is hot coffee dumped in to a plastic cool aid type container and put in to the fridge to cool down. Pouring it over the ice in your cup creates water out of the ice and a nasty watered down coffee. You are getting less for your money because of it.

I worked both the register in the front and the drive through. there were always two girls. Me and another girl. I was taking an order front the drive through where the woman asked for a poppy seed bagel. I went to get it. It was the last one. I fumbled it and it fell on the floor. The boss came in and said " that's okay. She did'nt see it". Just because the woman was in the drive through. I felt bad but served it because I did not want to lose my job. it was my very first day!

Then another day a customer asked for a donut. I went to grab it and there were two flies on it. There were other ones on the tray so I was going to throw that one away and give her another one. But the boss again told me that I should not waste the prodcut and that what the customer did not know would not hurt them. i was sick over it but went ahead and served it like a fool to keep the lousy job.

This leads me to the day I slammed my hand down and quit my job! I was going about my business serving my customers and cleaning up the store at the same time. I wiped up the counter with a rag that looked like it was ready to fall apart. And as if that was not gross enough. The other girl was serving a coffee. She spilled the hot coffee on her hand so I took the cup from her.

The lid had slightly come off while she was walking. I wiped it with a napkin from the dispenser so I wouldn't get coffee all over the customer who was waiting for it. The boss came in and said that I was wasting napkins for no good reason. He yelled that these things should come out of my pay! And told me next time to use the rag that I had been using. I was so disgusted over it. he wanted me to clean the lid of a customers cup with dirty rag that had cleaner on it! That is so gross. I quit right there on the spot and called the health department when I got home.

My recommendation:

While the food, drinks, prices and over all decor might be good. The Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop has lost my business forever. I will never set foot in another Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop as long as I live. Who knows, maybe other Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shops are cleaner and friendlier. But based on this one I just would never take the chance. I never go through drive throughs no matter where I am any more because I have to see for my self what I am getting thanks to the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop that I worked at.

To me the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop will never be the same. I hope that every one who reads this review will use caution when going to them. Who knows f they are serving you, or your child some thing that is dirty or could make you sick. It is a nasty thought to have in your mind. And I know that after reading this review your opinion of all these types of places may change. I am not sorry for that. Better safe then sorry! I do not recommend the Honey Dew Donuts Coffee Shop at all.

Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 12 oz

Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 12 oz

Sure, Dunkin' Donuts is named for its donuts, but it's the coffee that's fueled the phenomenon. And just what kind of brew could create such a stir? O...

Dunkin Donuts Ground Coffee - 40 Oz. Free Shipping

Dunkin Donuts Ground Coffee - 40 Oz. Free Shipping

Dunkin' Donuts® Ground Coffee - 40 oz. A smooth, medium roast specially formulated to taste just like the Dunkin Donut coffee you get in the Dunkin Do...

Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla Ground Coffee, 12 oz

Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla Ground Coffee, 12 oz

Enjoy fresh Dunkin' Donuts coffee at home with Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla Ground Coffee. This 100 percent Arabica ground coffee is the same rich sm...

Dunkin; Donuts; Ground Coffee - 40oz

Dunkin; Donuts; Ground Coffee - 40oz

Brand New Item! - Fast! Free! UPS/FEDEX Shipping! Description America Runs on Dunkin'® It's a success story that started in 1950 as a single donut sho...

Dunkin' Donuts Cinnamon Spice Ground Coffee, 12 oz (Pack of 2)

Dunkin' Donuts Cinnamon Spice Ground Coffee, 12 oz (Pack of 2)

Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Medium Roast Coffee, 24 oz

Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Medium Roast Coffee, 24 oz

Start your day with the signature taste of Dunkin' Donuts Medium Roast Ground Coffee right at home. Made from 100 percent premium Arabica coffee beans...

Dunkin Donuts Ground Coffee - 40 Oz.

Dunkin Donuts Ground Coffee - 40 Oz.

Rich and smooth, made from only premium beans, Dunkin' Donuts coffee lets you experience that signature Dunkin' Donuts taste at home.Makes up to 135 -...

Mountain Dew Tranquil Lake 4 oz 2 in 1 Air Fresh Candle, 6 Pack 24 oz Total - Mountain Dew Tranquil Lake

Mountain Dew Tranquil Lake 4 oz 2 in 1 Air Fresh Candle 6 Pack 24 oz Total - Mountain Dew Tranquil Lake
The Perfume Spot.com

Dunkin Donuts Original Blend Coffee 80 0z (5 Lb).fresh Sealed

Dunkin Donuts Original Blend Coffee 80 0z (5 Lb).fresh Sealed

Dunkin donuts original blend Coffee Size 80 0z (5 LB)(2 bags 40 oz each)Fresh sealed new NEW Resealable bag 18co887djjfujfj9878djjjd FREE! Sellers: Ad...

Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut Ground Coffee, 12 oz

Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut Ground Coffee, 12 oz

Start your day with the utterly delicious Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut Ground Coffee. This coffee has a smooth hazelnut flavor and rich aroma that coffee d...