-35%

Free Shipping Target
Free Shipping Home Depot

Almost Tearful Gratitude

Oct 3, 2010

Pros:Size, weight, price (compared to Dyson), multiple applications, powerful battery, superior suction, maneuverability

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Ditch the Dyson and buy this little beauty!!

I can't properly express my enjoyment of this terrific vacuum! I have a toddler at home, and use my stick vac daily to clean up in his wake. This thing gets micro-fine graham cracker dust and chunky cereal with equal ease. It quickly whisks away everything from clods of dirt to paper sticker backing and broken crayon tips. I'm telling you, I haven't met a type of messy floor it can't handle. (Except, of course, liquid spills which are more ideally suited for paper towels anyway.)

The battery life is quite sufficient. It doesn't die in mid job, unless I've used it 7 or 8 times in a row without recharging! Its battery is simple to remove and replace; just an hour or so in the charger does the trick. Never having to wrestle with a cord, never running out of range and needing to switch outlets, and never wasting time winding the cord back up MORE than compensates for the slight inconvenience of keeping the battery ready for action.

This vacuum performs extremely well on linoleum and my shaggy carpet, and it's super easy to transition between the two - literally just a flick of the thumb while the vacuum is running. I used a Dyson exclusively for 5 years, but this baby pulls in every bit as much gunk. Also surprising is the fact that my Hoover maneuvers more deftly, and without the patented "ball".

The sleek looks and negligible weight make it fun for my 10-year-old to do the vacuuming for me!

I do caution users not to push the vacuum across the floor too rapidly. It's so light, it's easy to just whip it back and forth, but the vacuum will do a much better job if you give it a reasonable amount of time to suction the carpet (or whatever) in your path. Just pretend it's about as heavy as the pathetic dinosaur you used to vacuum with.

In conclusion, get this vacuum now! Your floors - and your aching arms - will thank you.

eBay Deals

Find vacuums and power floor sweepers at Target.com! Clean your floors with this cordless stick vacuum from hoover. Featuring bagless technology, a re...
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Full power. No cord. This sleek, versatile featherweight cordless is always ready to deliver upright performanc...
Home Depot
Enjoy freedom from wires as you tidy up your home with the cordless Hoover BH50010 vacuum cleaner. The brushroll of this Hoover stick cleaner features...