Hoover Platinum Collection F8100900 Upright Cleaner Reviews

Hoover Platinum Collection F8100900 Upright Cleaner

Awesome Cleaning but poor design flaws

Oct 3, 2010
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Double brushes, attached hose,

Cons:hard to carry if short, dirty water tank hard to empty

The Bottom Line: Cleaning is great.  If you have a single story house, you will be ok but if you have to carry it up and down stairs i would recommend something lighter

I got this machine to replace my previous Hoover.  We have had Steam Vacs for as long as I can remember.  I love that this one has dual brushes so it grabs alot more dirty than others.  I love that the hose is attached so no more fumbling and wonder where i put the hose.  The new non powered brush cleaner has 4 rows of bristles.  even though for some things i have to use my old one.

Cons- there is only one way to carry it and for short people it makes it impossible to use.  the long scrub brush is difficult to clean and don't come off like the rotating one.  the dirty water container is hard to empty and the top part is hard to clean out well.  The tank sensors are sensitive and if you don't get the dirty water tank on right it won't suck up so you have to fumble with it.  Very Heavy.

I have had mine for about a year and it is starting to fall apart cuz i can't carry it up and down my stairs high enuf and it it is banging on the stairs.  Also after a few minutes it starts to make a clicking noise.  I don't know the cause.   Now i have to find time to take it in to a vacuum guy and see what is up but first i have to clean it.  i have a feeling he will say that it isn't covered under warrenty and i will be crap out of luck.  if you are thinking about hoover they are good but maybe get one of the cheaper steam Vacs if you have 2 stories.

Hoover Platinum Carpet Cleaner F8100-900 Brushblock Assembly 302619001