Hoover H3030 Cleaner Reviews

Hoover H3030 Cleaner

Easy to clean wood floors!

Jan 4, 2013

Pros:Easy to assemble
Easy to use.
Long cord
Regular soap and water
long cord
Light weight

Cons:Needs to be thoroughly cleaned after each use.

The Bottom Line: Recommended to friends and total strangers.  Makes hardwood, tile, etc easier to maintain.

I've had my floormate for about 2 years, and it has never failed to properly clean the wood floors.  My house is entirely wood floors, and I have 3 dogs who constantly track in dirt, snow, and yard debris.
When I first got the floor mate, I cleaned my hardwood floors the way I normally would, using vacuum, swiffer and broom/pan methods.  The floor was as clean as I would normally get it.  Then, I went over the same floors immediately with the floor mate.  Whew, the amount of dirt and gunk that came off the floors was astonishing.  The water was a dark muddy brown in no time, and I could see an immediate difference in the condition of the floors.
So I was hooked.  I use it at least once a week (the old methods of broom and sweeper still function in the interim).  The Floormate has three modes: vacuum (which is wet or dry), wash/rinse, and dry. The vacuum mode functions wet or dry.  The wash/rinse mode has round brushes that When you want soap, you squeeze the trigger in the handle and a small amount comes out mixed with some water. Dry mode uses a squeegy type device to clean up the water.
The picked up water is deposited into a separate container than the water used to clean the floor: this is a bonus, because so many of these machines actually have you cleaning the floor with dirty water which is, duh, a broken play.  The machine comes with a special cup for measuring soap, and it is the cover of the soap/clean water dispenser, so it's never lost.
Cleaning:  this can be a bit dicy and depending on the level of dirt in your house, disgusting, and probaby one of the cons of the equipment.  It doesn't clean itself, but that said, I take most of the pieces outside and use the hose to spray them off.  It's important to clean out the main machine too; some of the filters can clog quickly with hair.
Takes regular floor or cleaning fluid, and tap water.

Hoover H3030, Hoover H3060 Floor Mate Motor, Genuine Hoover Motor 93001828 93001189 93011189 H-93001189