Huggies Pull Ups Reviews

Huggies Pull Ups

Huggies Pull-Ups- Helps make potty training easier on everyone

Aug 23, 2001

Pros:The convenience and protection of a diaper, with the feel and design of real underwear.

Cons:They don't hold too much wetness.

The Bottom Line: I am very happy that we have these available, as they really are a helpful tool in potty training.

Huggies Pull-Ups- Helps make potty training easier on everyone

Let me start off by offering a huge piece of advise. You might want to think twice about introducing Huggies Pull-Ups until your child is really ready to begin potty training. I made this mistake with my son and am now paying for it. He now begs me to wear Pull Up's instead of his regular diapers. I guess he kind of has that "wanting his cake and eating it too" thing going on.

He really thinks that he is "big stuff" strutting around in his Mickey Mouse Pull-Up's, well... until it is time to actually use the potty that is, and then he won't have any part of it. I finally did put the Pull- Ups away and explained to him that he can use them when he wants to try to start potty training again. It was a huge trauma, but I think we understand each other now. At this price, you can't afford to let your child wear these just for the heck of it!

Along the lines of price I will add that Huggies Pull Ups are a bit on the pricey side, but in my opinion are well worth the extra money for the added convenience and security it adds to your potty training child.

The Purpose of Huggies Pull-Ups
The purpose is to allow your child to get use to wearing "regular" underwear that he/she can pull up or down while they are potty training.

They have the look, concept and feel of being "regular" big boy or girl underwear at the same time as having the protection of a diaper. Which is welcomed for all those many accidents that are bound and determined to happen while potty training. Say good buy to messes with these Pull- Ups. Thank you Huggies for helping to make our lives a little bit easier!
: )

More than just a cute design
Your little one will proudly "strut around" in their Mickey Mouse designer Pull- Ups. They come in designs for both a boy or a girl. The Pull- Ups Boy diapers come in a blue package and have the Mickey Mouse character on them. The Pull-up Diapers for girls come in a dark pink package and the diapers have the Minnie Mouse Character on them. They are really cute, your little one will be proud to show off their Mickey or Minnie "Big Kid" pants.

Note: They come out with different designs from time to time, so what you purchase may very some. When my son first started using Huggies Pull-Ups he had a design with Mickey Fishing. Then a couple of weeks later when we purchased some more pull ups, they were of Mickey mouse riding a bike. But that is good, it helps keep your child from getting bored.

Being cute is not the only plus to these Pull Ups. On the front side of the pull up are several little designs (Stars, Flags, flowers, etc... depending on the design you have purchased) that will fade when they get wet. This is a wonderful system to help your child understand the difference of when they they have peed and when they are dry.

This is a very helpful aid in potty training your child. When we first begin potty training our son, we explained to him that the little Flags on his "Big Boy" pants are supposed to be there. If they ever disappear, that means that he has wet his pants instead of going in the big boy potty. We would continually make a big deal out of the fact that they were still there, so that he could understand that keeping his pants dry is a "good" thing and should be his goal. On the times that he was dry, he loved to point out to us that his flags were still there. "Look Mommy, the flags!!!" he would proudly say. And then after he would wet, he would say, "Oh no.... ALL gone!" With a very disappointed look. I was really impressed with how fast these "learning designs" taught my son to know the difference between wet and dry pants.

Knowing how to put them on
A big part of teaching your child how to potty train and wear "big boy or girl" underpants is for them to learn how to put their own pants on and to be able to pull them up and down. Huggies Pull-Ups makes this task very easy for your child. On the front there is a picture of Mickey or Minnie facing forward, you use this to show them that the front of Mickey or Minnie is what goes on the front side of their body. The same concept is on the back. On the back side of the Pull up you will find Mickey or Minnie facing backward and you teach your child that back side of Mickey or Minnie is what goes on the back side of their body. This just makes it easier for them to learn how to put their own underwear on properly. Of course later, when they graduate to "real" underwear, you will have to show them which is the front and back on those kind but by teaching this with the Pull Ups they will understand there is a front and a back side of underwear.

How well they work and hold up to "accidents"
Huggies Pull-Ups do have special leak guards to help guard against leaks. There is more protection up front and higher for boys and down lower for girls. There is also added protection around the leg area. However, I have found that you do NOT get the same kind of protection as you do with regular diapers. I am sure this is because these are potty training pants and your whole purpose for using these is as a tool for potty training and as an added protection for accidents. They weren't designed the same way as regular diapers to hold the same amount that they do. I have made the mistake of letting my son (who is not potty trained at all yet) to wear these to bed on a couple of occasions. BIG mistake! Each time that he wore these to bed, we woke up with soaking wet sheets the following morning. So as long as Huggies Pull-Ups are used for what they are made for, as an aid in potty training, they will work just fine, but just to let you know ... they don't hold too terribly much.

I would like to add that I have recently discovered that they do have a thicker Pull Ups diaper for nighttime's. They are called Huggies Pull-Ups GoodNites. So, these will sure to be very helpful for night time during training and will eliminate the problem that I had with the night time leaks. I will be sure to have a pack of these handy for when we are prepared to try again.

Comfort and Fit
Huggies Pull-Ups fit nicely. They have a cloth like feel to the outside of the diaper, which is meant to give your child the feel of real underwear.

I have found the elastic waist and legs to be very comfortable for my son. They are not too tight nor too loose. They fit perfectly. I have never found one of those "irritating" red marks on my sons skin after removing a Pull Up. Also, they are very easy for him to pull up and down. Sometimes I had to give him a little bit of help once he got them half way up, but he did pretty good on his own for the most part.

Huggies Pull-Ups are also very easy to remove when your child has an "accident", whether it is a small accident or a BIG one. In the event that they soil their Pull Up, you can remove it simple by ripping each side seam and opening up the diaper like you would normally do with regular diapers. They are designed with easy tear seams to help make these times less difficult for everyone.

Sizes that Pull ups come in
You can buy Pull ups in either Boy or Girl designs. Just make sure you get the appropriate package for your needs. Each come in the same three sizes:
Medium- Which fit up to 34 lb.
Large- Which fit 32- 40 lb.
Extra Large- Which fit 38 lb. and up.

Hopefully I have covered every question that you may have about Huggies Pull-Ups. If not, you can visit their web page to do some additional research at:
http:// www.pull-ups.com/ There site is organized well and easy to navigate.

Overall
I am very happy that we have these available, as they really are a helpful tool in potty training. Although my son was not quite ready to potty train at this time, I already have a closet stocked with Huggies Pull-Ups for when he is.

Huggies Pull Ups Wipes Tub - 42 Count

Huggies Pull Ups Wipes Tub - 42 Count

Huggies Pull-Ups flushable moist wipes help encourage your child to become more independent in the bathroom. You can flush the wipes with confidence b...
Huggies Pull Ups Girls 2t- 3t Case/90

Huggies Pull Ups Girls 2t- 3t Case/90

HUGGIES PULL UPS CASE OF 90 Huggies Pull Ups training pants Size 2T-3T 18-34 lbs.Case of 90 Exactly as pictured - nothing else included Shipping withi...

Huggies Pull-ups Training Pants With Learning Designs For Boys, 4t-5t, 56 Count

Huggies Pull-ups Training Pants With Learning Designs For Boys, 4t-5t, 56 Count

Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants with Learning Designs for Boys, 4T-5T, 56 Count ***BRAND NEW! FREE SHIPPING!***All items are New and Sealed! We ship F...

HUGGIES Pull-Ups Boys' Training Pants with Learning Designs, Big Pack, (Choose Your Size)

HUGGIES Pull-Ups Boys' Training Pants with Learning Designs feature patterns that fade when wet to help your child learn to stay dry. Stretchy sides a...

HUGGIES - Pull-Ups Boys' Learning Designs Training Pants (Choose Your Size)

HUGGIES - Pull-Ups Boys' Learning Designs Training Pants (Choose Your Size)

HUGGIES - Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants fade when wet to help him learn by seeing. The Cool Alert features makes the training pants feel co...

HUGGIES Pull-Ups Night*Time Training Pants for Girls - Size 3T-4T (42 Count)

HUGGIES Pull-Ups Night*Time Training Pants for Girls - Size 3T-4T (42 Count)

Find disposable diapers at Target.com! 3t - 4t pull-ups night*time training pants for girls offer extra absorbency for overnight protection, giving yo...

Huggies Pull-ups Training Pants For Girls

Huggies Pull-ups Training Pants For Girls

healthproducts4u Store Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants For Girls Search Please read description carefully. Do not base your order on the picture prese...

Huggies Pull-ups Night Time Training Pants For Girls, 3t-4t, 42 Count (pack Of 2

Huggies Pull-Ups Night Time Training Pants for Girls, 3T-4T, 42 Count (Pack of 2)***BRAND NEW! FREE SHIPPING!***All items are New and Sealed! We ship ...

HUGGIES Pull-Ups Girls' Training Pants with Learning Designs, Big Pack, (Choose Your Size)

HUGGIES Pull-Ups Girls' Training Pants with Learning Designs feature patterns that fade when wet to help your child learn to stay dry. Stretchy sides ...