Hunt's Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce Original, 15.5 Oz

Manwich Makes for a Quick and Delicious Meal

Aug 5, 2008 (Updated Aug 5, 2008)

Pros:Tastes good, easy to prepare

Cons:A little pricier than other sloppy joe mixes.

The Bottom Line: Manwich is great for those days when you don't have a lot of time or energy to cook.

remember growing up, my mom would always make the Sloppy Joe sandwiches with the Manwich sauce. The whole family really loved it and it was always a treat. I remember want to over fill my sandwich so that some meat and manwich mixture would fall on my plate, and I could eat it with a fork after I finished the sandwich, for some reason that always seemed like a bonus. So naturally when I grew up and had my own family when I chose Manwich to make for my family as well.

Manwich

If you don’t know what Manwich Is or have never used it, it is basically a sauce that you use along with ground beef to make Sloppy Joe sandwiches, you will find it in the grocery isle with the other Sloppy Joe mixes. The different between Manwich and Sloppy Joe mix is that the sauce is a bit thicker and a bit tangier than regular Sloppy Joe sauce, it has that extra kick. Manwich also comes in a 15.5 oz can which gives you more than most Sloppy Joe sauces, it costs a tiny bit more, but it is worth it.
I once brought some Sloppy Joes made with Manwich to a work party and people liked it so much they were asking me for the recipe. I had brought an extra can with me to work just in case we didn’t have enough, so I had to giggle, I said, “Take ground beef brown it and drain, return it to the pan and add this,” I then held up the can, “and bring it to simmer and serve on bread or buns. “ Here they thought I slaved all day over the Sloppy Joe mix. Actually I just brought the browned and drained ground beef to work that day (3 pounds). I also brought my crock pot and 3 cans (plus the one extra) of Manwhich. When I got to work I simply poured the meat and sauce in the crock pot and set it on high for 4 hours and it was good and ready by lunch time. For dinner set it on low for 8 or 9 hours and it will be good and ready to eat when you get home. Preparing Manwich could not be more simple, if you can brown ground beef, open a can, pour it and allow it to simmer for a few minutes you can make a Manwich sandwich. It is a truly tasty way to make a very simple meal. There is no excuse not to cook when cooking is this simple.

You could also use this with any ground meat such as turkey or chicken, I tried It once with ground pork and it was really good.
Nutritional Information

You might think since it is a prepared food that it is not that healthy but actually it is not that bad. Other than the sodium there is not much to complain about. It has no fat and only 40 calories, it’s sugar content is not that high, nor is its carbohydrate content. It even has a couple of grams of fiber. This of course in addition to the calories etc. of the chosen ground meat.

Calories: 40

Vitamins and Mineral content, including percentage of USRDA:

Vitamin A: 4%
Vitamin C: 2%
Iron: 8%
Manwich does have some high fructose corn syrup in it but for the most par it is made from tomato paste and tomato Puree.
Manwich is made using Tomato Puree , Water , Tomato Paste , High Fructose Corn Syrup , Corn Syrup , Salt - Less than 2% , Sugar - Less than 2% , Dehydrated Onions - Less than 2% , Dehydrated Red and Green Bell Peppers - Less than 2% , Chile Pepper - Less than 2% , Tomato Fiber - Less than 2% , Spices - Less than 2% , Guar Gum - Less than 2% , Xanthan Gum - Less than 2% , Dehydrated Garlic - Less than 2% , Carob Bean Gum - Less than 2% , Natural Flavors - Less than 2%

On average Manwich sauce sells for about $1.69 a can. So you could easily feed a family of 4 with this some rolls, and vegetable for around $5.00 so it is quite economical as well. There are other prepared Sloppy Joe mixes that are less expensive but they don't have that extra tangy flavor that Manwhich has, they are good, but just not as good as Manwich.

My Thoughts

It is quite obvious that I love this product and always have. I love the taste of it. My whole family loves the taste of it. I also love that it is easy for me to fix. It is a perfect busy night meal. Plus it can be kept in a crock pot for a while, so if everyone can not eat at the same time they can easily make a sandwich at any time of the day, just by scooping some out of the crock potl.

One thing I will do is brown up some ground beef for chili or tacos. When I do this I will brown an additional couple of pounds. I will put that In the fridge, to make Sloppy Joes later in the week. All you have to do is re-heat the meat a little bit and then add the sauce let it heat through for a few minutes and you are ready to eat.
My family of 5 likes this so much that everyone always wants seconds so now I have to make 2 cans worth, but it is still quite economical.

I highly recommend Manwich especially for busy families.

Hunt's Manwich Thick & Chunky Sloppy Joe Sauce (3 Pack) 16 Oz Cans

Hunt's Manwich Thick & Chunky Sloppy Joe Sauce (3 Pack) 16 Oz Cans

Hunt's Manwich Thick Chunky Sloppy Joe Sauce (3 Pack) 16 oz Cans

Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce 15.5 Oz ( 3 Cans )

Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce 15.5 Oz ( 3 Cans )

Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce Auction is for three 15.5 oz cans ********************************************Combined Shipping Available We accept ...