Good All-around shampoo for dogs and cats.
May 20, 2008
Review by Willow Lesav
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Soap-free, hypoallergenic, pleasant smell, spray bottle option, safe use with topical flea/tick products.
The Bottom Line: Ideal for general pet cleansing, and especially if you use a topical flea/tick prevention also, for it will not strip the product off.
There are a lot of dog and cat shampoos on the market. Go in a pet store, and the fur-care aisle is approaching the size of a human store hair care aisle. If you are looking for a shampoo for just general, safe, effective, routine cleansing, Hylyt Shampoo is your best bet.
Recommend this product?
Hylyt Shampoo is described on the bottle as being "Soap-Free, Hypoallergenic Shampoo for Routine Cleansing of Normal, Dry, or Sensitive Skin."
Reasons to Use Hylyt Shampoo Over Others:
1. Soap-free, which means it is much less likely to dry out your pet's skin, but still delivers wonderful cleansing effects.
2. Hypoallergenic for pets who have allergies or sensitivities to other products.
3. Contains Essential Fatty Acids which will replenish the skin and will help control flaking and scaling of the skin.
4. Contains emollients and proteins that moisturize and condition the hair coat and promote hydration.
5. Can be used in conjunction with topical flea/tick preventions. Hylyt Shampoo is the only shampoo proven to NOT strip off flea and tick preventions like Frontline Plus and Advantage. Other shampoos out there will take the product right off. The products are water-proof, but not soap proof. This also points to how gentle the product is.
You can buy Hylyt shampoo in several sizes:
8 oz bottle [$8-$12]
12 oz bottle [$11-$15]
12 oz spray on bottle [$11-$15]
*They spray on shampoo is great for feisty felines or crazy canines that refuse to sit still. Sprays on easily every time so you can keep one hand on your pesky pet.
Scent: Smells like coconut. Not overpowering, but light and refreshing that seems to go well with cats and dogs alike.
Lather: Hylyt shampoo has a nice lather, which forms quickly. Also, it washes out easily with warm or cool water, and leaves no residue.
Availability: Most veterinary clinics sell it. Retail stores do not yet, but that may change. It is also available online from several sources.
My Story: My cat hates baths (go figure). I tried a free sample of Hylyt and I liked the scent and the fact that it washed out easily. Other shampoos I've used on animals in the past have sometimes taken awhile to rinse, which isn't good when all your cat's claws are fully extended on all four paws and you only have two hands to hold their squirmy wetness. So anyway, I bought a bottle because its perfect for me. Her fur was very silky and good smelling after the bath, too!
Read all comments (1)
Share this product review with your friends
Hylyt Shampoo 16oz Pack of 3 is a soap-free hypoallergenic shampoo for routine cleansing of normal, dry or sensitive skin.
Hylyt Shampoo 16oz Pack of 6 is a soap-free hypoallergenic shampoo for routine cleansing of normal, dry or sensitive skin.
Hylyt Shampoo 1 Gallon Pack of 6 is a soap-free hypoallergenic shampoo for routine cleansing of normal, dry or sensitive skin.
Hylyt products are available as a shampoo, crème rinse and bath spray. Soap-free formulation featuring added emollients, humectants and essential fa...
Hylyt Shampoo 1 Gallon Pack of 3 is a soap-free hypoallergenic shampoo for routine cleansing of normal, dry or sensitive skin.
Hylyt Creme Rinse 8oz Pack of 3 is a hypoallergenice after bath creme rinse for enhanced conditioning of the skin and coat.
Hylyt Creme Rinse 8oz Pack of 6 is a hypoallergenice after bath creme rinse for enhanced conditioning of the skin and coat.