IMPERIAL 5857 "SWIFT"SINUS DECONGESTANT TAB.

Swift Sinus Decongestant: Cheap Cost, Little Relief

Apr 9, 2010

Pros:Free at your local workplace; Non- drowsy

Cons:Very little relief; Chalky and not easy to take

The Bottom Line: Swift Sinus Decongestant is better than nothing, but not by much.

Have you ever been at work and found yourself not feeling up to par? I think it has happened to every one of us and one easy way to cope is to head to the break room area, open the first aid cabinet, and partake in the over the counter goodies. I often have bouts with sinus and the product found in my workplace first aid cabinet to treat my condition is Swift Sinus Decongestant, an inexpensive sinus treatment.

Drug Facts and Figures:

Swift Sinus Decongestant is manufactured in pill form. The pills are small, white, and chalky. They are packaged in pairs of two and the manufacturer recommends taking two at a time, for proper relief of sinus symptoms.

Swift Sinus Decongestant can be used to relieve nasal and sinus congestion caused by the common cold, hay fever, or allergies. A pair of tablets is good for four hours of relief. The product is non- drowsy and is safe for adults age 12 and older. Younger children should use only after consulting a physician.

Ingredients:

Swift Sinus Decongestant is made using the active ingredient Phenylephrine HCL (5 mg), which works as a nasal decongestant.

Final Thoughts:

Swift Sinus Decongestant is a very basic sinus decongestant from Swift, a semi- popular name in workplace healthcare and first aid. This company is known for its bulk packages of medicines, sold in individual packets, for easy individual access.

I am familiar with Swift medicines solely because of their popularity in workplace first aid cabinets and I have reached for these products dozens of times over the years. Swift Sinus Decongestant is the product I reach for most frequently, due to my common bouts with sinus issues. The stuffiness just won't quit sometimes and if I'm confined to the workplace, Swift Sinus Decongestant is likely my only recourse.

So, how is Swift Sinus Decongestant at eliminating sinus congestion? Well, not surprisingly, this product isn't very good and its relief is very short- term in duration. There is only a slight difference in sinus congestion after taking Swift Sinus Decongestant. I still need to keep tissues handy and I still feel a little stuffed- up, perhaps not quite as bad as before but not much less.

The reason I don't feel that surprised that Swift Sinus Decongestant isn't very good is twofold: 1. My experience with other Swift products isn't much better and 2. The extremely low price. Swift sells this over the counter drug (and its other products) in bulk, and each box contains about 100 small packets containing two tablets each, all for a dirt cheap price that can be as low as four dollars. Doing the simple math, this means each tablet costs only about two cents! With a price that low, one cannot expect much in the way of relief and you get exactly what you pay for.

Swift Sinus Decongestant pills are chalky and they do not go down as smoothly as other decongestants. It can take a few attempts and you almost certainly will need a glass of water to get the job done. The pills seem to stick to the back of your tongue, and this tendency only gets worse if the pills are wet. So, you have to be quick and determined to get the pills down your throat.

Because Swift Sinus Decongestant is popular as a workplace medicine, they utilize a non- drowsy formula. This is good and it's one of the few positive qualities with this product. I don't feel any drowsiness at all and I can continue about my day when I take a pair of these tablets. Unfortunately, they are good for only four hours so you will need another helping at some point during your workday.

Sinus problems are a real downer and Swift Sinus Decongestant doesn't do much to eliminate the problem. They provide minimal relief that is about on par with their two cents per- tablet cost. Yes, they are better than nothing at all but a quick drive to your local drug store is a better idea if you have a moderate to serious bout of sinus problems.

Swift First Aid Sinus Decongestant Tablets - Sinus Decongestant 250/bx

Swift First Aid Sinus Decongestant Tablets - Sinus Decongestant 250/bx

Have Questions? Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us | Store Policy Swift First Aid Sinus Decongestant Tablets - sinus decongestant 250/bx OUR SKU#...

Swift first aid Sinus Decongestant Tablets - 2106250

Swift first aid Sinus Decongestant Tablets - 2106250

Swift first aid SEPTLS7142106250 Temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to common cold, hay fever, or other respiratory allergies. Helps decongest ...
Shoplet.com

Swift Sinus Decongestant (tablet) 5mg, [PK/500]. Model: 2106500

Swift Sinus Decongestant (tablet) 5mg, [PK/500]. Model: 2106500

Sinus Decongestant, Tablet, Count 250 X 2, Package Type Box, Size 5mg, Flavor None, Formula Phenylephrine Hcl, Package Quantity 500
Grainger

Swift First Aid Sinus Decongestant 2/env 250env/box 12/bx/cs

Swift First Aid Sinus Decongestant 2/env 250env/box 12/bx/cs

Have Questions? Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us | Store Policy Swift First Aid Sinus Decongestant 2/Env 250Env/Box 12/Bx/Cs OUR SKU# OQG2215 |...

PhysiciansCare Sinus Decongestant Congestion Medication, Box Of 50

PhysiciansCare Sinus Decongestant Congestion Medication, Box Of 50

Compare to the active ingredients in Sudafed PE Coated, easy-to-swallow tablets. Packed in a perforated dispenser box for easy access. Relieves sinus ...
Office Depot

Sinus Decongestant (tablet) [PK/500]. Model: 80913

Sinus Decongestant (tablet) [PK/500]. Model: 80913

Sinus Decongestant, Tablet, Count 500 X 1, Package Type Packet, Size -, Flavor None, Formula Phenylephrine Hcl, Includes Spanish Labeling Where Possib...
Grainger