IOGear GBU421 (881317010834) Bluetooth Adapter Reviews

IOGear GBU421 (881317010834) Bluetooth Adapter

GIVE YOUR PC THE POWER OF BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY!

Sep 22, 2009 (Updated Oct 7, 2009)

Pros:Tiny, affordable, 30 ft range!, fast, easy to install

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Affordable, 30 ft range, PC & MAC compatible, compact, easy to install, connect up to 7 devices

WHAT IS A BLUETOOTH WIRELESS ADAPTER?

Some of you are probably wondering what Bluetooth wireless adapter is, well I will tell you a little bit about it. Bluetooth wireless technology is a wireless communication link, operating in the unlicensed ISM band at 2.4 GHz using a frequency hopping transceiver. The Bluetooth wireless technology allows real-time AV and data communications between Bluetooth enabled hosts like like cell phones, PDAs, mice and keyboards.

The link protocol is based on time slots. Bluetooth technology allows electronic devices to communicate wirelessly. Your cell phone for example comes with Bluetooth wireless technology, so it will let you use handsfree devices to talk.

WHY DID I BUY THIS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER?

Anyway, while most laptops today come with Bluetooth wireless adapter, but most desktop computers today don't come with Bluetooth wireless adapter. If your laptop doesn't have a Bluetooth wireless adapter, the IOGEAR Micro Bluetooth adapter is perfect because it is small and it will not be sticking out of your desktop PC or laptop.

I bought a Gateway PC desktop with Windows Vista Operating system and I realized that my new Desktop PC doesn't come with a built-in Bluetooth wireless adapter like my MAC BOOK.

I own Logitech Bluetooth mouse and Rocketfish Bluetooth keyboard and without Bluetooth wireless adapter, I wouldn't be able to use the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on my Dekstop.

I decided to go to Walmart, and found the IOGEAR Bluetooth wireless adapter and it costs only $20! I almost bought the Rocketfish Bluetooth adapter from Best Buy for $41, but I was glad that I went to Walmart to check it out.

The IOGEAR Bluetooth wireless adapter is EXTREMELY easy to install. I didn't even have to install a driver when I plugged it into the USB slot. Windows Vista recognized the device right away which is amazing.

Also the Micro IOGEAR Bluetooth micro adapter also features Bluetooth EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) technology for transfer rates which are 3 times faster than traditional Bluetooth 1.1 and 1.2 adapters.

These are the reasons why I love about this small Bluetooth wireless adapter:

- It is very easy to install! It is real Plug-and-Play device. I don't have to install a driver for it. Windows Vista/Windows XP recognized the device right away as soon as I plugged it in! So the installation is extremely easy and painless.real Plug-and-Play device. I don't have to install a driver for it. Windows Vista recognized the device right away as soon as I plugged it in! So the installation is extremely easy and painless. I am not sure if Windows 2000 will recognize it,  it comes with a CD with the driver.

- PC and MAC compatible!

- You can connect up to 7 devices at the same time.

- 2.402 GHz - 2.4835 GHz Unlicensed ISM frequency band

- Up to 2.1 Mbps data rate transfer which is quite fast. It has the Bluetooth EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) technology for transfer rates which are 3 times faster than traditional Bluetooth 1.1 and 1.2 adapters.

- 30 ft (10m) range! Yes, the rage is 30 ft! The strength of the signal is really good. I use Panasonic 42" Flat Screen HDTV as my computer monitor. I can sit pretty far away from the screen and still be able to control my computer from 5 to 10 feet away which is really cool.

- It has 3 different type of security features which are Pairing, Encryption and Authentication.

- They call it a Micro adapter because the size is EXTREMELY small! I love it because you can't barely see it. It doesn't stick out like the long and ugly old Bluetooth wireless adapter, it won't block any surrounding USB ports and you wont' accidentally break it because it is so small!

- The price is reasonable! I love the fact that I only have to pay $20. I know that Newegg.com sells a Bluetooth adapter for $14, but you have to pay $5.95 shipping fee! So I may as well drive to the nearest Walmart and buy it there.

- It works perfectly with my Bluetooth devices. It is so easy to add my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the Bluetooth settings. Just go to the Bluetooth settings in the Windows Control Panel and then select detect new Bluetooth device and that's it!

- It frees my work space with unnecessary cables. I hate keyboard and mice with cables. They really clutter my work space.

- It works great on Windows XP and Vista without problems!

Will I recommend this Bluetooth device to anyone? Yes! If you are looking for additional cool gadget for your desktop PC or laptop that doesn't have a Bluetooth adapter; the IOGEAR Bluetooth wireless adapter is a perfect addition to your current system.

WHAT DO I DISLIKE ABOUT THIS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER?

None. The Bluetooth wireless adapter works great as soon as I plug it into the USB slot and It works as I expected, so I am very happy about my purchase! It is pretty much painless installation and people will limited computer experience can do it too!

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, you have my blessing to buy the IOGEAR Bluetooth wireless adapter, because it is easy to use and install, it is small and compact, and it is affordable!

IOGEAR USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adapter (GBU421)

IOGEAR USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adapter (GBU421)

IOGear GBU421 Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter, the IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter offers Bluetooth connectivity at a fraction of the size of n...
Iogear Gbu321 Usb Adapter Class 1 W/

Iogear Gbu321 Usb Adapter Class 1 W/

Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information IOGEAR GBU321 USB ADAPTER CLASS 1 W/ Item#: 949919 Brand: IOGEAR Product M...

Iogear GBU321 Enhanced Data Rate Wireless Bluetooth USB Adapter

Iogear GBU321 Enhanced Data Rate Wireless Bluetooth USB Adapter

USB adapter with Bluetooth wireless technology Bluetooth 2.0 compliant Class 1 2.1Mbps data transfer rate USB 1.1 compliant 100m operation distan...
MacMall

IOGear Enhanced Data Rate Wireless USB Adapter - GBU321

IOGear Enhanced Data Rate Wireless USB Adapter - GBU321

IOGEAR Enhanced Data Rate Wireless USB Adapter GBU321 - Network adapter - USB - Bluetooth - Class 1

Iogear Bluetooth Usb Wireless Adapter With Edr, Class 1 Gbu321

Iogear Bluetooth Usb Wireless Adapter With Edr, Class 1 Gbu321

1.888.209.5772 About me Contact Us Shipping Payments FAQ Iogear Bluetooth USB Wireless Adapter with EDR, Class 1, for any Computer with USB Connection...

Iogear Gbu521 Usb Bluetooth 4.0 Bluetooth Micro Adapter

Iogear Gbu521 Usb Bluetooth 4.0 Bluetooth Micro Adapter

Template By Froo! Iogear GBU521USB Bluetooth 4.0 Bluetooth Micro Adapter Iogear GBU521 USB Bluetooth 4.0 - Micro Adapter USB The IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 ...

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 - Bluetooth Adapter for Desktop Computer

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 - Bluetooth Adapter for Desktop Computer

The IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter offers Bluetooth connectivity at a fraction of the size of normal Bluetooth USB adapters. About the size of...
Office Depot

Iogear Bluetooth 2.0 Usb Adapter Class 1 Computer Laptop Blue Tooth Gbu321

Iogear Bluetooth 2.0 Usb Adapter Class 1 Computer Laptop Blue Tooth Gbu321

IOGEAR Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter Class 1 Computer Laptop Blue Tooth GBU321 NEW IOGEAR's Bluetooth USB Adapter with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) technology...

Iogear Gbu521 Bluetooth 4.0 Usb Micro Adapter Pc Computer -

Iogear Gbu521 Bluetooth 4.0 Usb Micro Adapter Pc Computer -

IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter PC Computer - NEW The IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter offers Bluetooth connectivity at a fraction...