IOGear Mini Optical Mouse Reviews

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com
MacMall

No Hassle Mouse

May 3, 2011

Pros:Nice zip cord, no batteries, and compact size.

Cons:No side buttons.

The Bottom Line: I would buy this product again due to its nice design, good working zip cord and good value. I have had no issues with this product.

As I fumbled to pull my mouse out of my bag to use my laptop at school, I became frustrated at my attempts to remove it as the cord had once again managed to wrap itself around my books. This is a daily struggle and fed up I headed to the nearest supplier of tech items.

We are quickly embracing a mobile lifestyle hauling our laptops, DVD players, MP3 players, cell phones, and many more tech gadgets with us. To accommodate our portable culture, manufacturers are coming out with all sorts of retractable gadgets to keep us from strangling ourselves with cords. We have retractable headphones, retractable power cords and even retractable pants. (no really, I seen them! You just pull a cord and they retract up into a pair of shorts. Just like wearing a pair of mini blinds.) So it only seems natural that as I looked at the various computer mice, I would be considering a retractable cord mouse to solve my problem. I finally choose an IOGear retractable cord, optical mini mouse.

First Impressions: Tightly packaged in a bubble carton fully visible to the eye. What you see is what you get. The mouse itself is a good looking mini with a red and grey shell and buttons. The two button design includes a scroll wheel with side to side wheel buttons for website navigation and a retractable zip cord with a USB plug. It does lack the side buttons common on larger mice. The IOGear logo and name appears on both the mouse and the cord wheel.

Functionality: The mouse does not come with any software, but does not seem to need any. I have used it on a few different machines including 14 year old laptop. Each machine recognized the mouse with no trouble. I find this very handy as my other cordless mouse was hit or miss without the software.

Retractable Cord: The cord seems tight and retracts smoothly and retracts every time you give a slight pull. I have a pair of headphones that the retractor wheel always seems to not work or loop when used and it is a pleasant surprise to see how smooth this mouse works.

Use: I have no complaints about how this mouse works; it seems to be very accurate and does not suffer from jumping or stalling. Like all optical mice this is dependent on the surface you are using it on as some surfaces work better than others. If you are used to using a full sized mouse the small size may take a little getting used to.

Conclusion: I am very happy with this mouse and I feel it is a good value. I like not running out of battery life right when you need it as with a cordless, and the zip cord keeps it nicely tucked away and not wrapped around my books. If I needed to purchase a new mouse I would not hesitate to buy this brand again.

The IOGEAR GME222A Optical Mini Mouse is an excellent tool for mobile professionals. This 800dpi resolution mouse is ideal for graphics and Web design...
1.888.209.5772 About me Contact Us Shipping Payments FAQ Iogear USB Optical Mini Mouse with Retractable Cable, 800 dpi SKU: IGGME222A Mfr. Part: GME22...

IOGEAR USB Optical Mini Mouse GME222A - Mouse - optical - wired - USB
PCM
The 800 dpi resolution offers twice the accuracy of standard mice and is ideal for graphics and web designers who demand pinpoint accuracy.
MacMall
IOGEAR GME222A USB OPTICAL MINI MOUSE 800DPI
Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information IOGEAR GME222A USB OPTICAL MINI MOUSE 800DPI Item#: 947982 Brand: IOGEAR P...
Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search IOGEAR GME222A Optical Mini Mouse - Optical - USB - Cable - Ergonomic - 800 dpi Click here to view full size. Ful...