Iams Indoor Weight & Hairball Care ProActive Health Dry Cat Food (Iams) Reviews

Iams Indoor Weight & Hairball Care ProActive Health Dry Cat Food (Iams)

Iams Indoor Weight & Hairball Care ProActive Health Dry Food - Keep Kitty Healthy!

Feb 21, 2012

Pros:Music likes it.  Helps reduce furballs, and keep weight down.

Cons:More expensive than other brands

The Bottom Line: When it comes to keeping kitty healthy and happy, I'm willing to spend a little more for the good stuff.  Iams is definitely "good stuff".

When it comes to the dry foods we feed our cat, we keep lots of different brands and lots of different varieties on hand.  That's because "Music" insists on variety.  His favorite food is whatever he hasn't had in a while, so we constantly have to change things up.

But whatever foods we do buy for him, we aim for the healthier varieties, even if they cost a little more.  Music is an indoor cat, who doesn't get much exercise.  He tends to get a bit heavy, and he has trouble with hairballs.  So we buy foods that are designed for indoor cats, and those that concentrate on weight- and hairball-control.

This review is for Iams Indoor Weight & Hairball Care ProActive Health Dry Food.  This is one of the many varieties we keep on hand for Music.  We like that it is designed for weight control and hairball control.  According to the package: Iams' patent-pending fiber system gently moves hair through the digestive tract and helps maintain colon health.  While Music will still cough up a fur ball occasionally, the frequency has been greatly reduced.

And the best part is that Music really likes this variety.  He’s not a huge eater, and he will walk away from any food that doesn’t interest him.  We’re pleased that he seems to really like this product.  After all, the extra fiber doesn’t do any good, if it gets tossed away at the end of the day!

Ingredients: Chicken By-Product Meal , Corn Meal , Corn Grits , Ground Whole Grain Sorghum , Dried Beet Pulp , Powdered Cellulose , Chicken , Animal Fat , Dried Egg Product , Natural Flavor , Brewers Dried Yeast , Sodium Bisulfate , Potassium Chloride , Fructooligosaccharides , DL-Methionine , Fish Oil , Choline Chloride , Calcium Carbonate , Dicalcium Phosphate , Vitamins , (Vitamin E Supplement , Niacin , Ascorbic Acid , Vitamin A Acetate , Calcium Pantothenate , Biotin , Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1) , Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6) , Vitamin B12 Supplement , Riboflavin Supplement (Source of vitamin B2) , Inositol , Vitamin D3 Supplement , Folic Acid) , Salt , Taurine , Minerals , (Zinc Oxide , Manganese Sulfate , Copper Sulfate , Potassium Iodide , Cobalt Carbonate) , L-Carnitine , Citric Acid , Rosemary Extract.

As far as the guaranteed analysis goes: Protein (min.) 28.0%, Fat (min.) 13.5%, Fiber (max.) 6.5%, Moisture (max.) 10.0%, Ash (max.) 7%, Magnesium (max.) 0.1%, Taurine (min.) 0.13%

I definitely trust the Iams name, and I feel good buying this brand for my cat.  If I can help him maintain a healthy weight, and keep those annoying (not to mention gross) fur balls from being such a problem, I know Music can have a long, happy, healthy life!  Four paws and two thumbs up!

Easily digested Iams ProActive Weight and Hairball Care is formulated to meet the unique needs of indoor cats. It's made with 10% less fat than Origin...
20Lb Wctrl Hairball Food: Cat Food Hairball & Wt Care Weight Control