Impex Marcy Platinum PM-3200 150 Lb. Stack Gym Reviews

Impex Marcy Platinum PM-3200 150 Lb. Stack Gym

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Impex Marcy Platinum 3200 Home Gym: It works!

May 2, 2010

Pros:inexpensive, works most body parts

Cons:bench doesn't incline, not a total workout

The Bottom Line: You can't beet this $300 home gym. It's a great starter gym or for people on a budget.

When we were building our home gym we looked at The Marcy Platinum PM-3200 150 lb. Stack Gym. I have looked at it and used it several times since then at the request of a friend. We did not end up with a home gym but with the withthehttp://www0.epinions.com/review/Weider_Pro_265_Bench_Model_epi/content_469629505156.

The basics:

The Marcy 3200 weighs about 200 pounds. It has a 2-year limited warranty and measures 62 inches by 41 inches by 81 inches. The height was a deal breaker for us since our ceiling is not that high.

You will get:

A leg attachment, which is fixed on the machine.

A lat tower, with a lat bar. This lat bar is curved so it can easily double as a bar for triceps.

A short bar which can go on the top cable if you wish to do triceps work on it or the lower cable where you can sit on the floor and do rows for your back.

You can also buy attachments such as a handle if you want to do one armed dumbbell curls.

Marcy Platinum uses cables. That means that the lat bar, the chest press, the leg extension and anything else works from a cable. You’ll get 150 pounds of weight. You can add to this by buying small “bricks” of various weights.

A closer look:

The pros

Marcy 3200 is inexpensive coming in at $300! That sounds almost too good to be true.

Although it is tall the profile is small and doesn’t take up a whole lot of room.

I found the cable to be smooth and quiet. Whether I was doing lat pull downs, the chest press, or leg curls, for this type and price I was totally satisfied. It is not perfect but it will work for many people looking to get in a basic workout and who are on a budget.

I think the 3200 is very sturdy. Unlike many home gyms I wasn’t easily able to move it or push it over.

The padding is thick and comfortable. The seat is wider in the front making it comfortable for my legs. At the widest it measures 15 ½ inches.

The back padding is super comfortable and comes in at about 23 inches high.

The preacher curl pad is very thick as well. You can use the short bar for preacher curls or if you have a set of barbells then that would be great.

The seat is adjustable in terms of height.

There is virtually no taking off and putting on anything, i.e. the preacher curl pad doesn’t come off in order to do leg extensions/curls.

The cons

You do not have many leg options. In fact you really just can do leg extensions. I would recommend buying an ankle strap which will give you a whole lot more leg exercises. You might want to buy a pair of dumbbells at some point so you can do lunges.

The bench is fixed at upright. The gap between the seat and the back doesn’t bother me but for those of you who want a flat bench in a home gym you won’t get it.

The bench press seated option goes forward – you can’t lie down so it is limiting.

The leg extension only has two foam rollers. That is adequate but you will find four or even six on more expensive gyms.

I had a bit of trouble on several occasions (So I think it is the machine rather than this machine.) getting the pin into the weight. I have to juggle it a bit. Having said that I have found that in commercial equipment as well.

My final thoughts:

Please check with your doctor if you are new to exercising or have any medical conditions. Also please keep your children away from fitness equipment.

I think this machine’s target audience can be almost anyone except an elite athlete. I wouldn’t buy it if you have four teenagers and six people will be using it three times a week.

There isn’t a whole lot to break. The cables are sturdy and will certainly last for as long as $300 is expected to. You are missing exercises such shoulder work and hamstring exercises but just about everything else is covered. You will have to do abdominal work on the floor since there is no ab strap that more expensive machines have.

Given the price for what this is I'm giving it 4 stars.

All my fitness equipment reviews can be found here.

Impex Marcy Pro Arm Curl

NEW Impex Marcy Pro Arm Curl $82.16 $110.95 The Marcy Pro PM-30 arm curl is an accessory that adapts to the Marcy Pro PM 3800 Power Rack + Bench. The ...

Impex Marcy Pro Leg Developer Brand

Impex Marcy Pro Leg Developer Brand

Quality products at affordable prices. Check out our feedbacks and buy with confidence! Impex Marcy Pro Leg Developer Features Leg Developer Accessory...

Impex Marcy Upright Magnetic Cycle

Impex Marcy Upright Magnetic Cycle

Impex Marcy Upright Magnetic CycleReady to go the extra mile? Get there with this easy to use upright bike. A built-in computer screen helps you to ke...
HSN

Marcy Diamond 100lb Stack Home Gym (MD2109)

Marcy Diamond 100lb Stack Home Gym (MD2109)

Work out in the comfort of your home with this Marcy 100-lb stack home gym. It features a heavy-duty steel frame that includes a dual-function press a...
Sports Authority

Impex Marcy Pro Leg Developer, Free Shipping,

Impex Marcy Pro Leg Developer, Free Shipping,

Impex Marcy Pro Leg Developer, Free Shipping, New Details: Manufacturer: Impex Size: One Size Color: Multi Item Dimensions: Length: 23.1 inches Width:...

Marcy Diamond 100 lb. Single Stack Home Gym (MD2109)

Marcy Diamond 100 lb. Single Stack Home Gym (MD2109)

Find home gyms at Target.com! Perform chest press and independent pec fly exercises with the marcy diamond 100 lb. Single stack home gym. - 2 x 2 and ...

Impex Marcy Foldable Bike

Impex Marcy Foldable Bike

Impex Marcy Foldable BikeNo room, no energy, no time ... no more! Quit making excuses and start making strides towards a more active lifestyle. When y...
HSN

Impex Marcy Pro Arm Curl

The Marcy Pro PM-30 arm curl is an accessory that adapts to the Marcy Pro PM 3800 Power Rack + Bench. The arm curl accessory places the upper arm in t...
Marcy Utility Flat Bench from Impex Fitness

Marcy Utility Flat Bench from Impex Fitness

Work it out. Increase your strength, tone your body, and work your abs--all in the comfort of your own home--with this versatile bench. From Impex Fit...
QVC