Infantino Front2Back Baby Carrier Reviews

Infantino Front2Back Baby Carrier

Good for the first few months...

Jan 20, 2009
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Easy for my husband to use on hikes 4 months and younger.

Cons:Top of baby's head hits our faces in front positions.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this carrier. If you want a front and back carrier, don't be cheap like me! Buy them separately and get more adjustable products.

I got the Infantino Front-to-Back Carrier because I really wanted something that I could eventually use as a baby backpack as well as a front carrier without spending a ton of money.  As the saying goes though, you get what you pay for.

The carrier was great for the first 3 or 4 months - it's generally easy to put on, easy to get the baby in and out of, nice and cool, and it was the only carrier my husband would use when we went hiking.  It's not too bad to adjust either, however, if you're small like my husband and I, you'll have a lot of dangling straps that look like they should tuck in somewhere, somehow, but we have yet to figure that out.

Now that our son is 6 months though, about 15 lbs. and average height, the carrier is really awkward.  If he rides facing forward, with the front panel folded down, it hits him just below the mouth, meaning it's immediately drenched with drool, and then it starts to rub him there, making him irritable.  Also, at this point, his head comes up to our chins when in the carrier and I can't find any way to lower it, so we're constantly moving our heads side to side to make room for the baby.

My husband has only tried the back carrier once with our son, and it was only for a few minutes because he said it was so uncomfortable.  Granted, we did not have the manual right there, so we could have put it on wrong.

This product may work better for taller people, who knows, but I know once our baby more than 22 inches long, it became pretty annoying to use!

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months