Whirlpool Inglis IP4400 Washing Machine Reviews

Whirlpool Inglis IP4400 Washing Machine

Inglis helps this Laundry Diva get the load washed

Feb 24, 2006

Pros:lots of cycle and wash options, hand washable option, extra rinse option, large capacity

Cons:Sometimes I forget to put the extra rinse button to off, Doh!

The Bottom Line: This washer is perfect for general household laundering. It gets cloth diapers clean, and has a great variety of cycle options.

We purchased this Inglis washing machine in July of 2005. We had previously owned a stackable washer dryer combo and when we moved, the appliances stayed with the house and we had to shop for new ones. I knew I didn’t want a stackable combo again. I also wasn’t interested in the front load washers, but needed something large enough to handle the king size blankets we use. Affordability was also a factor in my purchase

The machine is an Inglis washer, but is owned by Whirlpool. We shopped for our washer at a local family operated appliance store, where we make most of our large appliance purchases. They had a good selection of washers available and the salespeople own the store so were very knowledgeable and helpful with helping us pick a model that would suit our lifestyle and budget. They also offer in store financing on a 3 month no interest credit, and we just made payments directly to them.

This model IP4400 is a Super Capacity, heavy-duty, top load type, white in color. The capacity is 3.2 cubic feet. It runs on a direct drive transmission with a 2-speed motor.

The following are some performance features and my thoughts on them:

5 wash/spin speed combinations, 10 cycles: The 5 combos and cycle selections are:
Normal, in which you can choose from a light, regular, regular/heavy, or heavy cycle based on the soil level of your load. The approximate agitation times are between 6-18 minutes depending on which wash you pick. Super Wash will give you an 18-minute agitation and is for heavily soiled loads.
Casual is for perma press blends and synthetic fabrics. The final spin is lower speed to help reduce wrinkling. The agitation time is 6-9 minutes.
Delicate: is a low speed agitation and spin for 3-6 minutes.
Hand Washables: gives you a 6-minute intermittent low speed agitation and spin for the gentlest cleaning available.
I only ever use Normal load on the regular setting. I have always gotten a good cleaning on work clothes and I use cloth diapers on my toddler, and have never required the super heavy wash cycle. I like the hand washable option, because I despise having to hand wash nice sweaters and blouses, and this is much gentler than the delicate wash that I had on my last washer.

Extra Rinse There is a separate on/off button for extra rinse. If you feel your load requires extra rinsing, you can turn it on. I only ever use the extra rinse when I wash the cloth diapers. I want to be sure they are good and rinsed off. The other loads never require extra rinsing. The only problem is I have to remember to switch the button to off when I’m done with the diaper load.

Automatic Temperature Control 3 settings, hot, warm and cold. Hot will use 38 degrees C water, warm uses 23 degrees C, and cold is just your regular tap water. I always use cold water on my regular clothes washes to save energy. The cloth diapers I use hot setting for better cleaning.

Water level selection Small, medium, large and super. I like the super option for when I have to wash our king size sheet sets or blankets. Other wise I use a large load unless I am washing only a few hand washables in a small load. There is also a reset button so that if you get the clothes in and want to change the water level you turn it to reset, and choose your desired new level.

Other features: self cleaning lint filter, bleach dispenser located on the outside of the basket, fabric softener dispenser located in the agitator, wide opening spillproof top and lid. It has a large enough opening that I don’t have to force a king size blanket inside. My last washer it was a struggle to get large items in to the wash and I had even scraped my knuckles trying to fit a comforter in. I don’t have that problem with this machine. Quiet Soundblock system. The machine is fairly quiet. Ours is located in our basement so I don’t hear it anyway, but when I have been down when it is running it isn’t overly noisy.

Dimensions: We didn’t have a problem fitting ours in the basement, but if you are going to use a closet or recessed area you will want the dimensions.
Height at the top of the control panel: 43” Lid open height: 53” Top of machine lid closed height: 36”
Depth : 25.5” Width: 26 7/8”

Energy Star Energuide rating: The Canadian Government requires appliances to provide the yearly kWh per year consumption use of each model. They will give you a chart telling you the range that similar models use. The chart for this appliance is from 125kWh (energy efficient) to 680 kWh (energy glutton) The website classifies this model at 498 kWh, but the tag we kept form when we purchased it gives it a 333 kWh rating. Somewhere the tag either got mixed up, or the website has overcalculated, but regardless it is in the mid range on the chart, meaning a standard energy consuming product.

Warranty: One year full warranty, 5 year warranty on Top, lid and gearcase assembly, 10 year warranty on outer tub, lifetime limited warranty on white porcelain basket.

I am very happy with our Inglis Super Capacity washer. It has worked well and cleans loads quickly and with a variety of options for wash settings and cycles. It handles king size bedding, and is heavy duty enough to clean up my toddlers cloth diapers. I would recommend this washer if you are looking for a top load system that has good capacity and features that are useful for everyday laundering.

www.inglis.ca Here you can view the washer reviewed here, and find accessories (hoses etc.) for this washer.

Amount Paid (US$): 600 CAN

Whirlpool 2.0 cu. ft. Front-load Washing Machine - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Whirlpool 2.0 cu. ft. Front-load Washing Machine - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Save resources in a small space with the ENERGY STAR qualified front-load compact Whirlpool washer WFC7500VW. 8 automatic cycles with 4 temperature se...

Whirlpool LTG5243DQ 24 Thin Twin Gas Laundry Center in White with 5 Automatic Washing Cycles LTG5243DQ

Fits where you need it. The Thin Twin provides the convenience of doing your laundry at home. This large capacity machine is designed to save space an...

Whirlpool 2.0 cu. ft. Front Load Washer in White, ENERGY STAR WFC7500VW

Whirlpool 2.0 cu. ft. Front Load Washer in White, ENERGY STAR WFC7500VW

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Save on resources without sacrificing space with this ENERGY STAR qualified front load compact washer. Eight au...
Home Depot

Whirlpool 27 White Washer And Dryer Combo - WET3300XQ

Whirlpool 27 White Washer And Dryer Combo - WET3300XQ

8.5 Total Cu Ft/ Double Duty Surgilator Agitator/ 3 Wash/Spin Speed Combinations/ ToughTop II Top And Lid Finish/ AutoDry Drying System/ 6 Drying Cycl...
Abt Electronics

Whirlpool Lte5243dq 24 White Combination Stacked Electric Washer & Dryer

Whirlpool Lte5243dq 24 White Combination Stacked Electric Washer & Dryer

The Whirlpool Washer/Dryer is an excellent choice for those of you who have a small laundry space. The Whirlpool LTE5243DQ has a 1-1/2-cubic-foot wash...

Whirlpool WFC7500VW 2.0 cu. ft. Compact Front Load Washer in White with Time Remaining Display WFC7500VW

Save on resources without sacrificing space with this Energy Star qualified front load compact washer. Eight automatic cycles with four temperature se...
HomeClick

Whirlpool Thin Twin 2.5 cu. ft. Washer and 5.9 cu. ft. Electric Dryer in White WET3300XQ

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The perfect solution for a small laundry space. This washer/dryer set fits in small spaces and provides all of ...
Home Depot

Whirlpool 27 White Washer And Dryer Combo - WGT3300XQ

Whirlpool 27 White Washer And Dryer Combo - WGT3300XQ

Abt Electronics

Whirlpool Cabrio Wtw8200yw Wgd8200yw Top Load Washer Dryer Set

Whirlpool Cabrio Wtw8200yw Wgd8200yw Top Load Washer Dryer Set

Questions Feel Free To Contact Us At 800.777.3345 Extension 120 Whirlpool Cabrio WTW8200YW WASHER 28 Top-Load Washer with 4.6 cu. ft. Capacity, 11 Was...

Whirlpool WET3300XQ 27 Combination WasherElectric Dryer in White WET3300XQ

Whirlpool WET3300XQ 27 Combination WasherElectric Dryer in White WET3300XQ

The perfect solution for small laundry spaces. This 8 cycle, 4 temperature, large capacity washer dryer combo is designed to fit into small spaces and...