Internet Download Manager

The best Internet Download Manager worth giving a try

Jun 27, 2012

Pros:1. Increase speed by 5-6 times
2. Resume and scheduled download functions

Cons:On the whole its a brilliant application and I personally didn't find any drawbacks.

The Bottom Line: Finally, I would say that you can trust my experience.
Hence, try out the free 30 day trail and experience the difference for yourself. You would definitely long to purchase it.

If you’re hunting down big files on the web then Internet Download Manager is a way to go. It is easy to work with and It does cut down the downloading time significantly. I personally experienced that it could accelerate my download speed upto 4 to 5 times, on my dial up internet connection.

All of us know that browser inbuilt download managers are not so effective in terms of speed and download resume function. Few weeks back when I was downloading Windows 8 prerelease version .iso file. At the verge of finish i.e almost 90% of download was over my internet connection got disconnected and to my utter dismay I lost the entire download and Chrome said download was interupted please restart your download.

This was the time I realised the need for a good download manager, If I would have IDM at that time I wouldn't had to restart the download again. Most of you reading this review might say when there are many free download managers, Why pay of Internet download manager?

My answer would be, I have tried all the free download managers but they are just the same as inbuilt download managers, they don't increase speed as IDM does. And if you consider all the paid download managers then I have tried many of them on my friends and relatives computers, But I found IDM was always the best one. In terms of speed and other features. And now they also admit that IDM is powerful and worth being consideredamongst the best.

Instead of you all people doing the same research of finding the best download manager, I would recommend that you can rely on my personal experience and can try IDM for free for 30 days, and you would certainly admit that what all I have return in this review is not any sort of plagiarizing but definitely TRUTH and you would also start loving and sharing your experience of IDM.

You can visit officia site at following url:-

It can integrate with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer beautifully, in a non-intrusive manner. It simply makes its presence known only when we needed to download a file.

Customization settings and the features it comes with are great for users that require heavy downloading from the Web. Queues and storing files in categories provides a better management of the downloaded data.

Configuring IDM is not a big deal. All options are easy to understand and you can refer to the help file for additional information. The settings include the possibility to set a key combination that prevents IDM from taking over the download task. The same is available to force the application to undertake the job.

Moreover, you can customize the type of files for which the download should start automatically as well as define the storage path for each file category predefined in the program.

Customization goes further, allowing you to define the maximum number of connection IDM should initiate. The default value is 8, but you can go enable as much as 16 simultaneous connections. Additionally, exceptions for the number of threads can be defined for specific servers that send the data. Should access to remote files require login credentials, IDM is ready to store and apply them automatically when necessary.

For each queue list created you can define a schedule and enforce an action (exit the application, turn off computer) when the download job completes. The program supports as many queue lists as you can create and offers easy management.

IDM lets you set the download location for the file, shows the size of the download job and the URL. The options available let you initiate the task or postpone it for a later time. Going with the second choice allows adding the file to a download queue, which can be processed at a time you define in the scheduler.

With support for creating multiple queues, Internet Download Manager proves to be a very versatile program, ready to tackle any need. It organizes the files into predefined folders, according to their type. All default download locations can be changed to places that suit you best.

Looks are not impressive, but the layout of the interface is easy to handle and intuitive. Download categories and available queues run down in the left hand part of the screen while in the right there are all the items that have been downloaded or waiting to get to your system (queued).

In order to preserve your bandwidth for other tasks as well, IDM comes with the possibility to impose speed limits. These can be applied individually, per each download, or you can set the same limit for all of them.

Other features include automatic virus checking and the ability to download all files linked to a page. The new version has a Web spider that can analyze a site and retrieve, for example, all the images on it.
Internet Download Manager strikes us as a natural choice for users in need of a trusty transfer tool. Latest version has an added FLV grabber that can be used to download videos from YouTube, Google Video, MySpaceTV, and other popular sites.

Norton Internet Security 2014 DOWNLOAD ONLY for 1 PC - 21292331

Norton Internet Security 2014 DOWNLOAD ONLY for 1 PC - 21292331

Norton Internet Security 2014 This product is delivered via email to your provided email address. We will send you the download link as well as the pr...

Norton Internet Security 2014 DOWNLOAD ONLY for 3 PCs - 21297970

Norton Internet Security 2014 DOWNLOAD ONLY for 3 PCs - 21297970

DiscountMountainSoftware

Microsoft Project 2013 Professional  - 2 Installs (Download Delivery)

Microsoft Project 2013 Professional - 2 Installs (Download Delivery)

Download MS Project Professional 2013Instantly download two installations of Project Professional 2013 from SoftwareKing and take advantage of our dis...
Softwareking

Panda Internet Security 2011 3-user [download] [old Version]

Panda Internet Security 2011 3-user [download] [old Version]

Designed for Windows Vista / 7 / XP, protect your computer using this Internet Security program by Panda.Important Features of the Product:Cloud techn...

Norton 360 2014 DOWNLOAD ONLY for 1 PC - 21298229

Norton 360 2014 DOWNLOAD ONLY for 1 PC - 21298229

Norton 360 2014 This product is delivered via email to your provided email address. We will send you the download link as well as the product key. DOW...

Webroot Software Download - Webroot Internet Security Essentials - 3 Pc Version

Webroot Software Download - Webroot Internet Security Essentials - 3 Pc Version

Keep your computers and files safe without slowing down performance with the Internet Security Essentials from WebrootŪ Software. It is a powerful com...
Dell Small Office

Intuit Rental Property Manager 2015 - Download

Intuit Rental Property Manager 2015 - Download

Type Accounting Feature Quicken Rental Property Manager organizes your personal and rental property finances, all in one place - Shows how your rental...
Newegg.com

Premium Internet Security Suite Win (Electronic Software Download Version)

Premium Internet Security Suite Win (Electronic Software Download Version)

Premium Internet Security for all your devices including Internet Secuirty Suite Mobile Security Online Back-Up and Free installation and Support.
PCM

Reference Manager ( v. 12 ) - box pack (upgrade)

Reference Manager ( v. 12 ) - box pack (upgrade)

Reference Manager - ( v. 12 ) - box pack (upgrade) - 1 user - CD - Win
MacMall
Norton Internet Security 2014 - 3 User (Download Delivery)

Norton Internet Security 2014 - 3 User (Download Delivery)

Norton Internet Security 2014 Download With Norton Internet Security 2014, you can make sure your computer is fully protected, and your information is...
Softwareking