Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo Reviews

Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo is a Great Value!

Sep 5, 2012

Pros:Sulfate and paraben free
100% Vegan
For all types of color treated hair
Inexpensive

Cons:Difficult to dispense shampoo from small slit in cap.
Drying without the use of complementary moisturizer.

The Bottom Line: If you need a paraben and sulfate free shampoo and want to buy it at a great price, I suggest you try the Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo.

I prefer to switch off shampoos and conditioners from time to time, for my hair seems to become too accustomed to the same products continuously.

When I visited Sally’s seeking a sufate, paraben free shampoo, I couldn’t miss the Ion selection of products and I purchased the Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Intense Shampoo.

Description:

Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo is 100% Vegan , sulfate and paraben free.  It can be used for all types of color treated hair.

The shampoo is contained in a white, 12 oz. plastic bottle.  You can’t miss this product on the shelf, for the wording on the bottle is written in a bright purple.  It has a bright purple twist/flip top cap.

The formula is clear in color and upon dispensing a dollop into your hand, it feels like a sticky hair gel.  The consistency is thick and almost too thick to dispense from the tiny slit in the cap.

The shampoo created an abundance of suds which surprised me due to it being a paraben, sulfate shampoo.

The company claims the shampoo:

“gently cleanses and strengthens color treated hair while protecting from heat styling and environmental damage.  Seals in color, adds moisture and shine, and increases manageability.”

The shampoo has a peachy fragrance, but is not too strong of a fragrance to affect me allergy-wise.  The scent dissipates upon rinsing and drying.

My Experience:

I was surprised with the abundance of suds that this sulfate, paraben shampoo created.  I felt my hair and scalp were very clean after washing and thoroughly rinsing.  However, my hair felt a little dry at the ends.  This could be due to the fact that my hair was recently highlighted.  I feel the shampoo needs to be followed up with Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Intense Moisture which I will review at a later date.  Upon using both products, my hair looked healthy, shiny, and was very manageable.

My Take:

Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo is a middle of the road shampoo.  It may not be as great as a salon shampoo, but is much better than a drug store brand.

Ingredients:*

WATER ,SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE ,COCAMIDE MEA ,COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE ,LINOLEAMIDOPROPYL ETHYLDIMONIUM ETHOSULF ,GLYCOL DISTEARATE ,FRAGRANCE ,CITRIC ACID ,HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIU ,LINOLEAMIDOPROPYL PG-DIMONIUM CHLORIDE P ,PANTHENOL ,MAGNESIUM SULFATE ,TRIETHANOLAMINE ,HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PEG-20 ACETATE ,DIMETHYL LAURAMINE ISOSTEARATE ,TETRASODIUM EDTA ,HONEY ,LAURETH-10 ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,KERATIN AMINO ACIDS ,POLYQUATERNIUM-43 ,GLYCERIN ,ASCORBIC ACID ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,RED 4 ,METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE ,YELLOW 6 ,MACROCYSTIS PYRIFERA (KELP) EXTRACT ,CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRAC ,HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) EXTRACT ,METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE ,AMYL CINNAMAL ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL

*Ingredients may change upon manufacturer’s discretion.

Cost:

I purchased a 12 oz. bottle of Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Shampoo at Sally’s for $6.99.

Thank you for reading my review.

3 Piece Ion Color Solutions Color Defense/ Intensive Shine/ Healing Therapy

3 Piece Ion Color Solutions Color Defense/ Intensive Shine/ Healing Therapy

Color defense Intensive shine Healing leave-in therapy FREE! Sellers: Add a FREE map to your listings. FREE!

2 Ion Volume Solutions Volumizing Shampoo 12 Oz Color Safe Paraben Free

2 Ion Volume Solutions Volumizing Shampoo 12 Oz Color Safe Paraben Free

underdogSDA Store 2 NEW ION Volume Solutions Volumizing Shampoo 12 oz COLOR SAFE PARABEN FREE Up for auction is a: (2) NEW ION Volume Solutions Volumi...

Ion Color Solutions Brightens Tones White Silver Blonde Shampoo 100% Vegan 12 Fl

ION COLOR SOLUTIONS BRIGHTENS TONES WHITE SILVER BLONDE SHAMPOO 100% VEGAN Size: 12 fl oz Brand New in Factory Package. You are buying exactly same as...