Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Reviews

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman

My son loves his singing Spiderman!

Nov 26, 2008

Pros:It's cute & kids love it. It gets kids singing and moving.

Cons:It only has 2 songs on it.

The Bottom Line: It's cute and fun for babies and toddlers. It motivates them to sing and dance, which is priceless!

Okay, weird concept...Spiderman singing...but my toddler son seems to love this singing Spiderman doll. Normally, I wouldn't buy something like this, but my mom (his grandma) gave it to my son as a present. Personally, I wouldn't think he would be interested in something like this...but I was wrong!

My son received his Spiderman doll around a year old (he's now 3). So it's had lots of use. He doesn't use it every day, but once or twice a week he likes to take it out of his toy box and sing or dance with it. He gets a kick out of it singing and dancing.

So now here's the Good, the Bad and the Ugly about the doll...First off, it says it's a plush doll, but I wouldn't go that far. It has a cloth-like material on the outside of hard plastic robot material inside! So it's not like it's cuddly or anything. It also has a volume control. You can turn it on medium or loud. It takes four AA battieries and I have never had to replace them (yet) after 2 years of use. Little kids can figure out the door pretty quickly and that the foot has to be pressed to be able to start singing and dancing. It doesn't work when it's lying down or cuddling up to a child. It only works when standing on the floor (carpets are fine) or table (or hardwood floors). It won't work standing on a bed or couch or anything unstable. I guess it would "work" per say, but it would fall over and wouldn't be able to dance.

So what happens when you push the foot of the doll is that it starts singing and dancing. The hands will start rotating. If you push the left foot he starts dancing and singing to Itsy Bitsy Spider. If you push the right foot he sings to Spiderman and Friends theme song. These songs do NOT last long and quit after maybe half a minute long. The voice is a cute, little boy voice and the doll looks like a "little kid" version of Spiderman.

The doll is 14" inches high, so it's of significant height. It's sturdy and never falls over. It costs $39.99 on Amazon.com. I didn't realize it was so costly, but may be on the toy list of any little kids that are into Spiderman. Toddlers especially love to sing and dance, so it works for them. At Walmart it is $19.97 (a huge price difference) so I would recommend buying it there!

I guess the downside is that it has 2 mini-songs on it. It would be nice to have a few more than just that. But it works for babies and toddlers learning how to sing songs or to get them up and moving (dancing and singing). My son and his friends get smiles on their face when they hear it and sometimes my son will ask me to sing along with it. It gets kids out of their "shyness" to open up and dance and sing...how fun!

After 2 years of use, it still looks brand new and stores in the toy boxes very nicely. It's also a great toy to take on trips. When my son has little "friends" over to visit, they always go to it and like to use it for awhile. It's at least entertaining for 10 or 20 minutes at a time. When adults come over and see my son play with it, they always have to play with it and laugh because it's so cute and has a cute little voice on it. Recommended for 6 months and up (the packaging says). Personally, I feel it is very safe for 6 months and up...there are no small pieces and it's not really breakable.

Overall: a nice purchase for kids around 1 to 4 or maybe even up to 5.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Cap

Unstructured 100% brushed cotton canvas Baseball CapAdjustable hook/loop tape closure adjusts from 20 to 24 Crown measures 3 1/4 Low Profile Brim w...

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Girl's Tee

Girl's Tee100% ringspun cottonGirls slim fit with contemporary longer lengthMachine wash cold, tumble dry low

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Women's Tank Top

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Women's Tank Top

Women's Tank Top6.1 oz 1x1 ribbed cottonSide seamed contoured bodySlightly fitted, size up for loose fitTo avoid shrinking, machine wash cold, tumble ...

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Men's Dark Tank Top

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Men's Dark Tank Top

Men's Tank Top5.6 oz. 100% cottonStandard fitMachine wash cold

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Trucker Hat

Trucker Hat100% polyester foam front, 100% nylon mesh weave backAdjustable plastic snap closureAdjusts from 17 to 24 Wipe with damp cloth to clean

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Women's Boy Brief

Itsy Bitsy Spiderman Women's Boy Brief

Ladies' Boy BriefJersey blend of 95% Cotton, 5% ElastaneElastic waistband and trimForm fittingMade in the USA by American ApparelMachine wash cold, no...