Jack Links Beef Jerky Sweet & Hot 1.8oz Unit (Pack of 8)

Jack Link’s Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky ~ Tasty, Satisfying Protein Snack

Jul 17, 2012

Pros:Soft, chewy texture, high protein, low carb, low sugar

Cons:Has MSG and nitrites, high sodium

The Bottom Line: Soft, chewy beef jerky with a sweet/hot flavor.  Great high protein snack, but it does have MSG and nitrites.

Every once in a while I go on a beef jerky binge, usually fueled from a desire to cut back on carbs.  Beef jerky is a handy, low-carb, high-protein snack that is very satisfying.

~ Product Description

Jack Link’s Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky, as described on the packaging, is “made with premium cuts of lean beef and seasoned with sweet and zesty hot spices.  Then we smoke the tender strips of beef with genuine mesquite for the subtle, unique hints of sweet and heat you expect in authentic beef jerky.”

This comes in 1.8 oz. and 3.25 oz. packages.  The 3.25 oz. has a zip-close top so you can reseal.  Note that after opening, this should be refrigerated if not used within three days.

~ Ingredients and Nutritional Information

Jack Link's Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky, per one-ounce serving, contains the following:

Calories – 80
Total Fat – 1g
Cholesterol – 25mg
Sodium – 520mg
Total Carbohydrate – 5g
Dietary Fiber – 0g
Sugars – 4g
Protein – 14g

Ingredients:  Beef, water, sugar, less than 2% salt, flavorings, monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Nitrite.

~ My Experience

Jack Link’s has a wide variety of beef jerky flavors to choose from, but I tend to gravitate toward spicy, hot and sweet, so this flavor is just what I like.  Although billed as “hot”, it really isn’t all that hot.  It’s slightly sweet with a mild spicy hotness, but it doesn’t leave your mouth burning at all.

The beef jerky pieces range from larger to some smaller pieces.  Generally this has a great, softer texture that makes it chewable.  I dislike super tough, leathery beef jerky.  Every once in a while a piece of this will be a little thicker and tougher, but overall Jack Link’s Beef Jerky has a soft and chewy texture that is very satisfying.

Jack Link’s Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky is nice for snacking anytime, or as a hearty, satisfying snack while camping, boating, for RV’s, hiking, or anytime you want a convenient, relatively healthy snack that won’t melt in the sun.

I note with dismay this contains MSG, which I try to avoid, even though I don’t notice any bad effects.  Of course this is made with nitrites as well, so just be aware of these ingredients if you have issues in that regard.

~ Final Thoughts

Jack Link’s Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky has a wonderful, sweet and slightly hot flavor, and makes a great high-protein, low-carb snack that is extremely satisfying.  Great for travel or recreation, easily portable, and doesn’t melt in the sun.  My main con is this has MSG and nitrites.

Jack Links Beef Jerky Variety Pack

Jack Links Beef Jerky Variety Pack

Jack Link's Beef Jerky Variety Pack nucite It began with treasured family recipes passed down from genenration to generation. Today Jack Link's is Ame...

6-jack Link's Beef Steak Beef Jerky 1 Oz Sweet & Hot - Free Shipping

6-jack Link's Beef Steak Beef Jerky 1 Oz Sweet & Hot - Free Shipping

6-Jack Link's Beef Steak Beef Jerky 1 oz Sweet Hot - Free Shipping Best before Date of July 2014 Free Shipping!

20 Bulk 1.5oz Bags Of Jack Links Beef Jerky 14 Sweet Hot + 6 Original Flavors

20 Bulk 1.5oz Bags Of Jack Links Beef Jerky 14 Sweet Hot + 6 Original Flavors

Hello,Available for sale...FOURTEEN 1.5oz. bags of the Sweet Hot flavor of Jack Link's Beef Jerky Plus, SIX of the popular Original flavor in 1.5oz. b...

Jack Link's 1.5oz Beef Jerky Display Variety Case (80 Bags)

Jack Link's 1.5oz Beef Jerky Display Variety Case (80 Bags)

Features: Jack Links 1.5oz Beef Jerky Variety Display (80 bags total) Variety Bags 2 Boxes Original (10 packs in each box),2 boxes Teriyaki (10 packs ...
3 Bags Jack Links Premium Cuts 3.25oz Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky 09/2015

3 Bags Jack Links Premium Cuts 3.25oz Sweet & Hot Beef Jerky 09/2015

Description Quick Look : Jack Link's Premium Cuts Beef Jerky You Will Receive : 3 Bags in SWEET HOT flavor Size : Net Wt. 3.25 Oz, 92g per Bag Conditi...
10 Bags - Jack Link's Beef Jerky Steak Nuggets Sweet & Hot Snack Packs 1.5oz

10 Bags - Jack Link's Beef Jerky Steak Nuggets Sweet & Hot Snack Packs 1.5oz

10 BAGS - JACK LINK'S BEEF JERKY Steak Nuggets SWEET HOT Snack Packs 1.5oz You will receive 10 bags of SWEET HOT Snack Packs Best before date Dec 2014...