JanSport Trinity 30L Backpacks - Pink Pixie

One Tough Beast

Mar 27, 2008

Pros:Very durable and comfortable with simple design

Cons:Lacks certain features found in other higher grade backpacks

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended

Introduction

Don't let the pretty colors fool you, this backpack is one really tough backpack. As a testament to its durability, I offer you my personal story. I had bought this backpack in high school, making it now 6 years old. Yet there is not one faulty zipper, one hole, or one broken strap. Other than the grime it has collected over the years, it's almost like day 1. I feel the backpack still has another 4 years or so to go before it gives up.

The Purchase

In high school I had to carry around more books, and so I was looking for a larger backpack than the one I used in middle school. I wanted something simple, and so I was drawn to this particular model. Others were too small, heavy, bulky, or just plain ugly (too many zippers or weird color combinations).

Experience

There is no unique technology with the shoulder strap padding, but I have found it to be very sturdy, durable, and reliable. It has lasted all these years, and the support is still very good. Usually I find the padding depleted after the first 2-3 years with heavy use, but it was not so with this one.

The fabric itself is thin, yet amazingly durable. It offers a good amount of protection from water, though not totally waterproof. It withstands dirt and stain pretty well.

The backpack has a total of three compartments, which I find is plenty. One for easy access items, another for utensils and accessories, and the main compartment of course for books and notebooks. I can also carry my laptop with no problem, except for the lack of cushioning (solved by using a laptop sleeve). The accessory compartment has slots for pens and keys, but other than that is nothing out of the ordinary.

Zippers are high quality, and are easily accessible. I have never had them lock up or separate.

So far this backpack has been with me through rain, through sun, from airport to airport, city to city, high school to college, and I expected it to last me through graduate school as well!

Not Everything is Perfect

I can't complain much given how well it has held up over the years, but there are a few things I feel could make me happier.

One is gel padding for the shoulders, and better padding overall. This would help when carrying heavy things such as a laptop with a few textbooks, but then again Jansport has other product lines for this purpose.

Conclusion

For carrying textbooks and notebooks with an ample amount of stationery, this backpack provides all that and more. Users can definitely count on its durability, especially considering Jansport's legendary lifetime warranty.

For those looking for a backpack to carry their laptops and other gadgets, I would look elsewhere for something with better compartmentalization and protective padding.