Jane Fabulizer for Eyes Reviews

Jane Fabulizer for Eyes

Yet Another Great Jane Find: Fabulizer For Eyes

Aug 17, 2002

Pros:Color that lasts, lots of shimmer, convenient applicator, inexpensive

Cons:Available only in shimmer shades, small amount of product compared to other shadows

The Bottom Line: These are a fun and inexpensive way to add some shimmer to your eyes in a whole new way

I was thrilled when I found a review here on Epinion for a new Jane product I hadn't discovered yet: Jane Fabulizer for Eyes. I knew I had to try it for two reasons: I love most Jane products and it seemed like a cosmetic I would like.

A few days later I found Fabulizer for Eyes in a local drugstore. The selection was somewhat picked over, but I did manage to find two shades I liked..as well as a fat stack of cents-off coupons for any Jane cosmetic right there at the Fabulizer display.

Fabulizer Details:

Fabulizer is a creme-to-powder eyeshadow that comes in a 4" long, clear plastic twist-up case with a black base that twists. This eyeshadow is blister-packaged onto a aqua-green, red, white and black cardboard card. The front of the card gives you the product name and shade, as well as the weight of the product. The back of the card states the product name, directions for use, the ingredient listing, tips, and Jane's address.

There is .065 oz. of eyeshadow in this case. You can see the shadow through the casing; it looks like just a little because it is just a little - however, a little goes a long way with this shadow. This casing is a lot like the other new "twist-up" cosmetics that are currently on the market that are very popular.

With just a few twists of the bottom of the casing, the eyeshadow flows out of a hole in the applicator tip. The applicator is plastic with a "fuzzy" covering. This "fuzzy" covering makes the applicator soft and makes application a snap.

You can see the product through the clear plastic casing. This is a nice feature, because I like to be able to see when I am running low!

Fabulizer for Eyes is available in the following shades, all of which are shimmery pastels:

*Vanilla Pearl
*Jade
*Ocean Groove
*Reverse Ruby
*Suede
*Peri-Wink

Ingredients (as listed on packaging):

Water purified, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, BIS-PEG methyl ether dimethylsilane, butylene glycol, sodium magnesium silicate, benzyl alcohol, citric acid, methylparaben, propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, carmine, ferric ferrocyanide, bismuth oxychloride, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ultramarines, blue 1 lake.

Jane's Website Says This About Fabulizer for Eyes:

Turn Fabulizerís base (2-3 Clicks gets the flow going). Soft-tipped applicator applies shimmery color to eyelids and stays put! For runway eyes, use with jane Eyezing Shadow or Going Steady Eye Definer.

Personally, I use Fabulizer alone. The Eyezing Shadow would add even more shimmer, and that's too much for me. I haven't tried Fabulizer with the Going Steady Eye Definer yet, but it does sound like a good idea.

My Experience:

I purchased two shades: Ocean Groove, which is a very shimmery, icy, pale blue shade, and Jade, which is a very shimmery, pale green. I have worn both several times since purchasing them, and have to say that I'm pleased with this product overall.

Application of these shadows is very easy. Simply twist the bottom of the case to get the shadow to flow out, and apply it to your eyelid. You will need to spread the shadow out once you get the shadow onto your lid. No more shadow will flow out until you twist the casing again. I like this; I can control the amount of shadow I want.

You can apply a little or a lot of Fabulizer, depending on what type of effect you want. If you spread the shadow out very thinly, you will get a very sheer color effect. You can apply it a little less thinly and get a touch more color.

I have found that this product "sets" or dries very quickly. I could not get it to blend OR budge within about 45 seconds after application.

There is a lot of shimmer to this product. I found that it was almost too much shimmer for work!

Fabulizer definitely lasts. I did not need to touch this shadow up for at least 6 hours; this is very good for a creme shadow. The shimmer (but not the color) did fade a little after about 6 hours. This is good, because the shimmer in these shadows can be quite bold.

I have not experienced a problem with the shimmer in this product falling into my eyes or onto my cheeks. This is a problem I've had in the past with very shimmery shadows. The powdery shimmery pieces tend to fall, creating shine on your face! This is not a problem with Fabulizer.

Who Should Try Fabulizer?

Anyone who wants to try an inexpensive, pastel, icy-looking creme-to-powder shadow should give these a try. They should be good for all skin types; I did not have a problem with oil breakthrough with these shadows. At times, when using creme shadows, I will have slight oil breakthrough despite having normal skin.

How Does Fabulizer Compare To Similar Shadows?

This product is very similar to Clinique's Touch Tint, but with a completely different case and applicator (the shadow consistency and results are very similar though). Touch Tints are priced at about $12 for .24 oz.; Fabulizer is priced around $4 for .065 oz.

What Would I Change?

It's a shame that Jane doesn't make this product in matte shades; no one wants shimmer ALL the time! I would definitely offer these shadows in matte shades for those of us who like this teen-oriented line of cosmetics, but are WELL past their teen years!

Where Can I Find Fabulizer for Eyes?

I have so far been able to find Fabulizer in small displays in chain drugstores such as Rite Aid and CVS. The displays are small and are located with the other newer products that have not been worked into a cosmetic company's normal product displays.

These shadows are priced at about $3.99. The coupons that I found located next to the product display were worth $.50. This brought the price down to $3.49.

Jane Iredale Eye Highlighter Pencil Double Dazzle Or Pink/white With Sharpener

Jane Iredale Eye Highlighter Pencil Double Dazzle Or Pink/white With Sharpener

Jane Iredale Eye Highlighter Pencil with Sharpener Available in Double Dazzle and Pink/White (FULL SIZE 2.98 G / .1 OZ) BRAND NEW IN BOX / NEVER BEEN ...

Jane Iredale Eye Highlighter Pencil - Double Dazzle - Soft Surroundings

Jane Iredale Eye Highlighter Pencil - Double Dazzle - Soft Surroundings

A jumbo dual-ended pencil designed to highlight the eyes, lips and face. Highlights the inner corner of the eye. May be used to line the eyes and high...

jane iredale Eye Contour Brush

jane iredale Eye Contour Brush

A flat brush with a tapered contour for working in the crease. Similar in size to the Eye Shader Brush. Hand-tied from goat hair. Just the right size ...
Nordstrom

Jane Iredale Eye Highlighter Pencil with Sharpener - Double Dazzle 2.98g/0.1oz by Jane Iredale

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$19.50 - Eye Highlighter Pencil with Sharpener - Double Dazzle-2.98g/0.1oz - makeup / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Jane Iredale Eye Contour Brush

Jane Iredale Eye Contour Brush

Jane Iredale eye contour brush.

Jane Iredale Eye Contour Brush - Soft Surroundings

Jane Iredale Eye Contour Brush - Soft Surroundings

High-Performance Makeup BrushesComposed from the finest natural material available, Jane Iredale brushes are designed to be both effective and gentle....

Jane Iredale Eye Shader Brush -

Jane Iredale Eye Shader Brush -

Jane Iredale Eye Shader Brush - Versatile, soft flat brush for professional makeup effect Helps sweep color above the iris Or applies a medium shade o...

Jane Cosmetics Water-resistant Eye Liner, Rose Gold, 0g Free Shipping

Jane Cosmetics Water-resistant Eye Liner, Rose Gold, 0g Free Shipping

Store Search search Title, ISBN and Author Jane Cosmetics Water-Resistant Eye Liner, Rose Gold, 0g Estimated delivery 3-12 business days Format Condit...

Jane Cosmetics Eye Primer -  - Jane

Jane Cosmetics Eye Primer - - Jane

Jane Eye Primer provides full coverage and extends the life of eye shadow for all-day, crease free wear.Apply to lids and follow with your favorite Ja...

Jane Iredale Eye Shader Brush    - Soft Surroundings

Jane Iredale Eye Shader Brush - Soft Surroundings

A soft flat brush that simplifies application. Use this Jane Iredale brush to apply a medium shade on the eye lid. Jane Iredale Eye Shader Brush Co...