Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer Reviews

Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer

Missing: My leg's 5 O'clock shadow

Jun 26, 2007 (Updated Jun 27, 2007)

Pros:Shave less often, without dirty looks!

Cons:Needs to be used daily for best results. DISCONTINUED and unavalable.

The Bottom Line: Give Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave minimizing moisturizer a month, and it will give you results!

I first began using this product after reading a favorable review in Self Magazine. I am one of those fortunate women with King Kong like hair in my legs- lucky me! Before Jergens Naturally Smooth Lotion I literally had a 5 O'Clock shadow after shaving my legs. Every other day was as long as I could go without people visibly noticing the thick dark stubble on my legs, and 6 hours was all I had untill the roughness could be felt. Since I began using this lotion I have noticed a big difference, first my legs stayed smooth a little longer, next when the hair grew back it was less obvious. It took 2 weeks for any real visible results, but after 4 weeks I was convinced! I am now able to easily go 3-4 days without shaving, and no one can really notice until day 4. (As a mother of a 2 year old this is a BIG DEAL!) As I find shaving to be lower and lower on my priority list, I find this lotion to remain high on my list of Daily care. I have also noticed that I have less irritation when I shave (less razor burn). The lotion is fairly thick but rubs in without a sticky feel, leving skin smooth and moisturized. Its sent is mild and pleasent, which is nice because I am sensitive to strong smells.
I have recently been unable to find this product in the store, so was looking online for it yesterday when I wrote this review. I e-mailed the company and thought you all may be interested in the reply:

"Thank you for contacting us!

We regret to inform you that Jergens Naturally Smooth was discontinued June 2006 due to declining sales. It is no longer available and we do not have any remaining stock. Unfortunately, we no longer offer a product with a shave minimizing effect.

Our company's goal is to provide consumers with a variety of products to meet their needs and preferences. As you know, marketing is a complex function and many business factors are taken into consideration before discontinuing a product. Before a product becomes available, much time and expense is involved in perfecting the formulation, consumer testing and marketing support. It truly saddens us when we must discontinue a product. However, consumer demand is a major factor. When the level of demand is insufficient, stores are not likely to carry the product so we usually have to channel our activities to products that can still be provided to you on an ongoing basis.

We do regret taking away one of your favorite products and we hope you will continue to turn to our company for your personal care needs.

Cordially,

Kao Brands Consumer Relations Department
Ban Biore Curel Jergens John Frieda"

I just bought some on Ebay, but I am not sure what I will do when it's gone, I am not sure If I could handle King Kong legs again... BUMMER!

Lot Of 4 Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer 300 Ml Each

Lot Of 4 Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer 300 Ml Each

You are buying a LOT Of 4 Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer 300 ML each DISCONTINUED

Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer 19.9 0z. Pump

Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer 19.9 0z. Pump

T his listing is for 1 New Bottle Jergens Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer Net Wt. 19.9 Fl 0z. (588mL)Helps you shave less often as if mo...