Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix

May 17, 2008 (Updated May 17, 2008)

Pros: The smaller size packages are more advantageous to me today.

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Jiffy Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix is offered as an 8 and a 40 ounce boxed package and is readily available at Wal Mart, Walgreens and various online sites.

Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
When I reach for the box of Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix it stirs cheerful memories of excited little boys, busy Saturday mornings, and my mixing up batter for pancakes or waffles more often waffles than pancakes, but both appeared regularly.

While I didn’t use many of the little Jiffy mixes back then; I have begun using them more and more today as I prepare waffles for just Husband and myself.

I served many pancakes and waffles as my boys were growing up. More waffles than pancakes were found in my kitchen because I like them better. The waffle iron I use today is much easier to use than was the one my mother got out each time we were to have waffles. Teflon was not known when Mama was making the waffles her family enjoyed. Clean up was a much larger chore; which no doubt accounts for Mama cooking many more pancakes than waffles.

From time to time I prepare waffles for supper today, as I did when my sons and their friends were home for supper and as Mama did also. The 8 ounce size Jiffy Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix is an excellent size for my needs today.

Jiffy states that they can keep costs down because they do not spending huge sums of money on advertising, coupons, marketing or merchandising. Every portion of a Jiffy mix is produced in house from the flour to the boxes to the fruit brought in by local growers and processed by Jiffy.

Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Mix is the least expensive brand I find on my local Wal Mart shelf.

I like that Jiffy has all the ingredients, including buttermilk powder needed for creating flavorsome waffles having a homemade taste right in the box. The only add to item is water. Producing memorable waffles cannot be made easier than opening the box of Jiffy Buttermilk Mix. Pancakes are as tasty, however I prefer waffles whether for breakfast or for supper. I have both a regular waffle maker and a Belgian. The larger grids lend themselves well to adding fruit, or for supper when the topping is a chicken or other filling.

=================================
Major Ingredients
Bleached Wheat Flour, Sugar, Animal Shortening, Lard, Buttermilk, Leavening, Dextrose

Allergen warning: wheat, milk, soy,

Nutritional Facts Per Serving Serving Size 1/3 cup
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 8g
Protein 3g
=====================

Jiffy Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix promises perfect waffles or pancakes with each pour of the batter. Back during the days of the so called –Great Depression- many suppers were waffle suppers and pottery makers here in the US produced special batter pitchers for use at the table for pouring the batter into the waffle maker.

When I use my batter pitcher, found at a jumble shop, I am reminded of my grandmothers who no doubt served waffle and pancake suppers from necessity. How lucky we are today to enjoy them from choice.

Times have changed, waffle makers are improved, the one I use today is a far cry from the one my mother or grandmothers used, the waffles are as satisfying.

====================
TO PREPARE

WAFFLES
Preheat waffle maker: I use an electric with Belgian grids

• 1 pkg. - 8 oz. Jiffy Pancake & Waffle Mix
• 3/4 C Water
• 2 Tbsp. cooking oil can substitute apple sauce

1 In a small bowl, combine ingredients and stir until large lumps disappear - about 15 seconds.
2 Pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot grids in waffle maker
3 Close top
4 Cook until steaming stops or as manufacturer of waffle iron directs.

Remove and serve warm with butter and syrup, fruit conserve or fresh fruit, or topping of choice

PANCAKES
Heat skillet or electric griddle over Medium heat to 350-375 degrees or as manufacturer directs.
If using electric or cast iron; heat until droplet of water sizzles when dropped on the warmed surface
Lightly grease skillet with solid shortening as desired.

• 1 pkg. - 8 oz. Jiffy Pancake & Waffle Mix
• 3/4 cup Water

1 In as small bowl, mix ingredients.
2 Stir until large lumps disappear - about 15 seconds.
3 For thicker pancakes, use less water, for thinner pancakes, add more water.

4 Pour scant 1/4 C batter for each pancake onto skillet.

5 When pancake are browned at the edges and bubbles form in center, turn.

Pancake is done when sides are golden brown.
============================

I began using Jiffy baking mixes when I was no longer cooking for large hungry sons and their friends. The smaller size packages are more advantageous to me today. I requested and received the Jiffy recipe book from the company which provides many recipes for using their mixes.

Jiffy products are produced by the Chelsea Milling Company which has been in business for well over a century. Chelsea Milling began milling flour during the 1800's. Mrs Rudkin perfected the first Jiffy Baking Mix in 1930.

With a century plus of happy waffle and pancake munchers attesting to the goodness of Jiffy Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix; the Jiffy promise of tasty, light and fluffy, pancakes and waffles meant to tickle the tastebuds of hungry folk whenever they are served, remains as strong today as back when the mixes first appeared.

I continue to slather jam on my waffles and pancakes. Happy to recommend.

NOTE: If you would like one of the free recipe books you can go to jiffy.com and request one. Mine came in less than two weeks.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===========================

Product Features and shipping Details
Quality & Value since 1930
Just add water
The best value in the little blue box
6/40 oz boxes

Phone: (734) 475-1361
Website: JiffyMix.com

Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix 40 Oz

Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix 40 Oz

Jiffy Buttermilk Complete Pancake Waffle Mix Auction is for one 40 oz package Naturally Artificially Maple Flavored Just add water *******************...