Jilbere Ceramic Tools Porcelain Series Professional Flat Iron 1 1/2" Model 345822 Reviews

From Curly to Straight in a Flash with the Jilbere Porcelain Series Professional Flat Iron

Apr 14, 2005

Pros:great for beginners; price; adjustable heat settings; ceramic plates

Cons:may not be the best option for dedicated flat iron users

The Bottom Line: Great flat iron for a newbie and beginner...

So now that I'm almost 30 years old, I finally have the option of having straight hair. When I was a teenager and in high school, I used my hair dryer and a brush to smooth out my curls and let me just tell you, in southern Georgia humidity, it wasn't pretty. Back then (man that makes me sound old) there were no "straightening" products or flat irons. Life was rough.

Fast forward 15 years and whatya know? FLAT IRONS! Why couldn't this phenomenon have been invented when I needed it most? *sigh*

Introducing the Jilbere Ceramic Tools Porcelain Series Professional Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch Model

So, my stylist says to me about 2 months ago "let me straighten your hair so you can see how it looks". What the heck... I let her. Oh my GOSH! No frizz. No hairdryer madness. Just soft, smooth, sleek, STRAIGHT hair! I was in awe. And easy!? Geez, you folks have it EASY! Just run a brush through it and GO. I've never known hair that convenient.

So what did I do? Exactly. I went and got my OWN flat iron. My stylist used a Jilbere model on me so off to Sally's Beauty Supply I went and I left there with my very own Jilbere flat iron. I selected the Jilbere Ceramic Tools Porcelain Series Professional Flat Iron and some protectant for my hair (which I will review later) and I went home.

I knew from reading Epinions and from some friends of mine that use flat irons that using one with ceramic plates was important to protect my hair and to give me the best results. I know the Chi brand is supposedly the best out there and maybe one of those is in my future but for now, I didn't want to make a huge investment in something that may only be an experimental phase.

(I don't usually do this but I think the specs for an item like this are important so... Here are some specifics about this flat iron) (quoted directly from product packaging):

"Jilbere de Paris Porcelain Series Professional Flat Irons feature commercial grade porcelain ceramic plates. Porcelain is a fine ceramic compound with greater strength and durability for precise heat distribution and state-of-the-art performance. The "diamond hard" surface allows hair to gently glide through the plates, causing less stress and damage to the hair."

* Ultra-smooth surfaces cause less stress and damage to hair

* 200 watts of power with Ceramic Pulse System

* 30 heat settings, up to 230C/446F

* Cool Touch Fabric

* Instant heat, even heat distribution, no hot spot

* Ceramic technology eliminates frizz, assists in the breakdown of bacteria buildup and emits ion reflectives which enhance the vitality of the hair

Directions for use: Slowly pass the iron through hair strand. The average number of passes to straighten hair is usually 3-4 when using 1" inch partings.

Using My New Flat Iron

So I wash and dry my hair as usual and then mist my heat protectant all over my hair and I'm ready to go. I plug in my flat iron (which takes like one minute to heat up! WOW!) and I have it on the next to the last heat setting (HIGH heat setting because my hair us super duper curly) on the setting dial, I press the on/off button to turn it on, and here I go. I take sections of my hair and run the flat iron over it slowly, repeating this anywhere from 2-3 times per section. One pass straightens the hair, and then the additional 1-2 passes makes it shiny and smooth.

Being careful that I don't grab the section too quickly after it's released from the iron's plates because the hair is extremely hot and can burn your hand. I learned a trick from my stylist to let my hairbrush catch the section of hair as it falls so I can run the iron over it again without burning my hand or losing the section of hair. Took some practice to get the coordination down pat but it works nicely.

I've gotten the routine down to about 20 minutes now which I am pretty pleased with considering how much hair I have.

When I'm done my hair is soft, shiny and STRAIGHT as a board. I stand in awe.

The iron doesn't seem to lose heat during the 20 minutes it takes me to finish the process. It remains very hot the entire time and I never have to go over a section of hair more than 3 times (unless I screw up and miss a spot or something).

The handle is easy to grip and hold onto which is a big pro for me since my hands are very small and I'm also a big clutz. I've yet to drop it while using it (thank goodness!)

The outside of the plates is covered plastic and then in fabric so it never gets hot to the touch or anything.

My biggest fear was that the heat and plates would damage my hair or break it off (my hair is pretty fragile and breaks easily). So far, with continued use, my hair doesn't seem to be damaged or affected by the flat iron. I'm sure this is partly due to the fact that I use protectant, but I am still glad to report that the iron hasn't damaged my hair.

The real test for me was to see how long it would stay straight. I've gone 3-4 days and it stays straight as a board. I may run over the top sections in the morning to bring back the shine and silky texture but that's it.

The iron itself has proven to be durable in my opinion. I haven't had any problems with it and like I mentioned earlier, it stays very hot for the duration of my straightening process. I never have to stop and wait for it to re-heat.

I'm enjoying having the option of having straight hair, and I would certainly recommend this flat iron if you are looking for one to try. I got it at Sally's Beauty Supply for $39.99 and I'm very pleased with my purchase. I highly recommend this product.

Thanks for reading! :-)

Jilbere De Paris 1 Porcelain Series Professional Straightening Flat Iron 450f M

Jilbere De Paris 1 Porcelain Series Professional Straightening Flat Iron 450f M

Neataneloys 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Jilbere De Paris 1 Porcelain Series Prof...

Jilbere Porcelain Series Hair Dryer Removable Filter 1875w Lightweight Light

Jilbere Porcelain Series Hair Dryer Removable Filter 1875w Lightweight Light

Ergonomic easy grip handle and lightweight design 1875W powerful, quiet long life AC motor 6 speed/heat setting combinations Removable filter for easy...

Jilbere Tourmaline Series Flat Iron
Jilbere De Paris 1 Porcelain Series Professional Straightening Flat Iron 450F Model JBP2555

Forty heat settings with temperatures up to 450F.Wear-resistant finish provides long lifeFloating plate designModel JBP2555 / UPC 074108135766Will com...
Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic 1 1/4'' Hair Curling Iron

Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic 1 1/4'' Hair Curling Iron

JILBERE DE PARIS NANO CERAMIC IONIC CURLING IRON Brand New JILBERE DE PARIS NANO CERAMIC IONIC 1 1/4''CURLING IRON Item is Brand New in ORIGINAL RETAI...

Jilbere Ceramix Xtreme Ceramic Hair Dryer 2000 Watts

Jilbere Ceramix Xtreme Ceramic Hair Dryer 2000 Watts

JILBERE DE PARIS CERAMIX XTREME HAIR DRYER Brand New JILBERE DE PARIS CERAMIX XTREME HAIR DRYER Item is Brand New in ORIGINAL RETAIL BOX! Features Inc...

Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic 1'' Hair Curling Iron Irons

Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic 1'' Hair Curling Iron Irons

JILBERE DE PARIS NANO CERAMIC IONIC CURLING IRON Brand New JILBERE DE PARIS NANO CERAMIC IONIC 1''CURLING IRON Item is Brand New in ORIGINAL RETAIL BO...

Jilbere By: Ceramic Tools Ceramic Hot Air Brush1000 Watteliminates Frizz

Jilbere By: Ceramic Tools Ceramic Hot Air Brush1000 Watteliminates Frizz

Jilbere by: Ceramic Tools~Ceramic Hot Air Brush~1000 Watt~Eliminates Frizz ~NIB Jilbere Hot Air Brush Ceramic Tools By:Jilbere Ceramic technology elim...

Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron 1 1/4silver Technologystraightens Faster

Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron 1 1/4silver Technologystraightens Faster

Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron 1 1/4~Silver Technology~Straightens Faster Description Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron 1 1/4 NanoSilverTools...