Jobe'S Plant Food Spikes

Jobe's Plant Food Spikes Nutrition Into My Plants

Apr 25, 2002

Pros:They work and couldn't be easier to use.

Cons:The package.

The Bottom Line: I have been using Jobe's for years with success. I wouldn't consider buying anything else.

I wanted to write about Jobe’s Plant Food Spikes because…

I have used Jobe's Plant Food Spikes for many years and they work! I always have a box of them in my refrigerator. Actually box isn't quite accurate. They are contained in a plastic area with a cardboard backing. You get them out by opening an area on the cardboard. I don't particularly like the package.

They should be stored in a cool, dry place and that is where I store them.

Please make sure you keep them out of the reach of children.

About the product:

~Jobe’s Plant Food Spikes are thin green sticks that are almost 2-inches long.

~Each spike contains nutrients that are released gradually into my houseplants.

~The sticks stay at the roots of the plant so that when you water the plant the nutrients don’t get washed away like they might with other types of fertilizers. I have never used any other kind on my houseplants, though, but I imagine liquid fertilizer may wash away more easily. Don’t quote me on that because I can’t compare the liquid to the stick.

~They are made by Weatherly Consumer Products and can be seen at: http://www.easygardener.com/plantcare_products.html

When I use Jobe’s Plant Food Spikes:

~I have always had a lot of houseplants. Right now, in my small house I have about 15 plants. I don’t have a green thumb; I try to have plants that can take care of themselves but they do need some help. The spikes are supposed to be used every 60 days. I am not disciplined enough to mark on my calendar when I need to replenish the spikes so I go by how my plants look.

~When I see a plant that is a bit wilted, for example, and not because I have been away and haven’t watered it, I will give it plant food. It is usually then, that I go around the house and stick a spike into each plant. I also use them if I see more dry leaves than I expect. Dead and drying leaves can be a natural cycle of regrowth I have been told, but if I see more than I feel good about, I will put in a spike.

How I use them:

They cannot be easier to use! I just push a spike into the soil half way between the plant and the outside of the pot. For very small pots, I have even broken them in ˝ although that is not suggested on the package. I then give my plant a good watering. Some of my plants are in gravel and pushing them in can be tough but I just feel around for a softer spot. I have never had trouble putting in a spike.

~On the package there is a recommended number of spikes depending on the size of the pot. They are:

~ 4-inch pot- 2 spikes
~ 6-inch pot- 3 spikes
~ 8-inch pot- 4 spikes
~ 10-inch pot-5 spikes
~ 12-inch pot-6 spikes

What is in these?

The total nitrogen is 13%. To break that down it looks like this:
Nitrate Nitrogen- 2%; Urea Nitrogen 2%; Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen 2%; Water Insoluble Nitrogen 7%. It also contains 4%, Phosphate and 5% Soluble Potash.

My final thoughts:

~I only paid $.99 for 30 sticks. My package says they are a New Larger Size but they honestly look the same size as all the other packages I have owned and there have been lots of these in my house.

~They are inexpensive and so easy to use. More importantly, for me, they have always revitalized my wilting plants, or the ones that just don’t look so great.

~Keeping up with a new spike every 60 days is the best advise I could give you. From now on I will make sure to do that also.

~They work well on any kind of plant. I have flowering plants, cacti, ivy and jade plants to name a few. They work well on any kind of houseplant although I am aware that the company makes fertilizers for certain types of plants. I don’t think you can go wrong with Jobe’s and even if your plants look healthy, giving them some extra nutrients is a good idea.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me.

Jobes Fertilizer Spikes Lot 5 Pkg Flowering Plant Food 250 Spikes 10-10-10-4

Jobes Fertilizer Spikes Lot 5 Pkg Flowering Plant Food 250 Spikes 10-10-10-4

JOBES FERTILIZER SPIKES LOT 5 pkg FLOWERING PLANT FOOD 250 SPIKES 10-10-10-4 NEW Up for your consideration is this LOT OF 5 packages of Jobes Fertiliz...

390 Ct. Jobes Plant Food Spikes For Flowering Plants 5201 Free Shipping

390 Ct. Jobes Plant Food Spikes For Flowering Plants 5201 Free Shipping

Jobes Plant Food Spikes for Beautiful Flowering Plants 30 COUNT

Jobe's Large Indoor Plant Indoor Fertilizer Food Spikes 18 Pack

Jobe's Large Indoor Plant Indoor Fertilizer Food Spikes 18 Pack

Jobe's Large Indoor Plant Indoor Fertilizer Food Spikes 18 Pack Nutrients feed at the roots No danger of overfeeding Easy to use No wasteful chemical ...

Jobes 200pack, 13-4-5, House Plant Food Spike

Jobes 200pack, 13-4-5, House Plant Food Spike

200 Pack, 13-4-5, House Plant Food Spike 4 packs of 50 for a total of 200 EASY GARDENER INC

360 Ct. Jobes Plant Food Spikes For Lush Ferns & Palms 5101 Free Shipping

360 Ct. Jobes Plant Food Spikes For Lush Ferns & Palms 5101 Free Shipping

This listing is for TWELVE BRAND NEW PACKAGES Jobes Plant Food Spikes for Lush Ferns Palms 360 COUNT (12 PACKS OF 30 EACH) #5101 SHIPPING FOR THIS ITE...

Jobe's Potted Plant/hanging Basket Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes - 18 Pack

Jobe's Potted Plant/hanging Basket Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes - 18 Pack

Jobe's Potted Plant/Hanging Basket Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes - 18 Pack Great for all potted plants and hanging baskets Slow release formula Easy ...

Lot Of 8 X 30 Jobes Flowering Plants Food Fertilizer Spikes 240 Total

Lot Of 8 X 30 Jobes Flowering Plants Food Fertilizer Spikes 240 Total

8 X 30 Jobes Prolific Flowering Plants Plant Food Fertilizer Spikes 60 Spikes TOTAL Nutrients feed at the roots No danger of overfeeding Easy to use N...
Jobe's Potted Plant/Hanging Basket Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes - 18 Pack 6105