Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Tape, 1 Roll, Pack of 4

Waterproof First Aid Tape

Jun 3, 2008 (Updated Jun 3, 2008)

Pros:Waterproof, sticks securely onto bandages and skin

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Johnson & Johnson makes a great quality, waterproof, first aid tape. This will always be in my first aid kit.

My home daycare has a first aid kit, and there are a large list of supplies that are mandatory for my license. One of those supplies is first aid tape.

I have always been partial to Johnson & Johnson brand of first aid supplies, and I have two rolls of their Waterproof First Aid Tape in my home. A metal container is in my medicine cabinet, and the plastic container is in my first aid kit. Since the plastic one looks exactly like the picture here at Epinions (and is probably the newest of the two I own), I will review that one.

Description

This plastic roll looks like a large spool. It measures 2 3/4 inches in diameter, and is almost one inch thick. The spool snaps into another plastic shell, which simply keeps the tape free from dirt and dust, since it covers the outside of the spool.

This particular roll contains tape that is only 1/2" wide, and it contains 10 yards. The spool reads that it contains dry natural rubber.

The Johnson & Johnson name, as well as their famous red cross symbol are on the package, and it says "Waterproof Tape" in large capital letters.

Thoughts

Some people have allergies to latex and rubber, so I'm sure that's why this spool discloses that the tape is made from natural rubber.

The tape is made specifically for securing bandages over wounds. Each side of the tape has a zigzag cut to it, like it's been trimmed with pinking shears, and this actually helps you to be able to pick up the tape to get it going.

It also says that it adheres securely and tears easily. Well, it does stay securely in place, sticking firmly to both a piece of gauze (or other bandage) and the skin, but I can't say it's easy to tear. I just attempted to tear a piece and I struggled a bit with it. My husband was watching me and said "well, that's really not too hard to tear, compared to some tapes". When I compare this to a roll of duck tape, it is harder to tear, but it can be done with the bare hands if you don't have any scissors around.

If you need a tape that will resist moisture, this is the one to buy. The outside of the white colored tape actually has a bit of a sheen to it, and it is really completely waterproof. When you go to use this tape, it pulls off the roll very easily and smoothly, and the tape itself seems extremely strong. I like that it doesn't leave too much sticky residue on the skin, and what it does leave behind is easily washed off with simple soap and water.

This first aid tape is a must for every first aid kit. The roll is lightweight, the outer shell covers the spool to keep the tape clean, and you can actually tear it off without having scissors or a knife on hand. It's waterproof, so it would be perfect to use around pools or other moist environments.

Johnson & Johnson has been making quality first aid products for years, and this tape is no exception. It retails for around $3.25 for the 10 yard roll. The older metal spools would actually rust, so I appreciate the new plastic spool containers that Johnson & Johnson uses.

By the way, the red cross design is a registered trademark if Johnson & Johnson, and has no connection with the American Red Cross.

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad, Large, 6 Ct

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad, Large, 6 Ct

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad, Large, 6 ct

American Drug Supply Store
Johnson & Johnson X 10 Yard Waterproof Adhesive First Aid Tape Set Of 3

Johnson & Johnson X 10 Yard Waterproof Adhesive First Aid Tape Set Of 3

Have Questions? Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us | Store Policy Johnson Johnson X 10 Yard Waterproof Adhesive First Aid Tape Set of 3 OUR SKU# ...

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad, Large, 6 Ct (3 Pack)

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad, Large, 6 Ct (3 Pack)

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad, Large, 6 ct (3 Pack)

Johnson & Johnson 5050 First Aid Kit Waterproof Tape, 1/2 x 10yds, White

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pad (2.875 x 4-Inch), 6-Count Large Pads
American Drug Supply Store
Johnson & Johnson First Aid Tape, Waterproof, 1/2 In. X360 In. - 10 Yd

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Tape, Waterproof, 1/2 In. X360 In. - 10 Yd

CHECK OUT OUR EBAY STORE Johnson Johnson First Aid Tape, Waterproof, 1/2 in. x360 in. - 10 yd Details 1/2 in. x 10 yds (1.2 cm x 9.1 m)Directions Retu...

2 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pads 2 7/8 In X 4 In 12 Pads

2 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Waterproof Pads 2 7/8 In X 4 In 12 Pads

You are buying 2 JOHNSON amp; JOHNSON First Aid Waterproof Pads 2 7/8 in X 4 in. 2x6=12 pads total sealed. Lot 1091B

Johnson And Johnson Red Cross Waterproof First Aid Tape 1/2 X 10 Yards