Johnson & Johnson Neutrogena Clinical Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment Spf 30 Day Reviews

1 consumer review

Do you see the dryness in my face with Neutrogena Clinical Treatment!

Sep 19, 2010

Pros:If the rebate check comes, it will be free.

Cons:My skin looked dryer than normal.

The Bottom Line: Neutrogena have their clinical results on the packaging.  I didn't see any of these.  Just the opposite.

Neutrogena Clinical were offering their product for free.  You had to purchase it between 7/11/2010 and 7/18/2010 and receive a rebate for the full value of your purchase.

I downloaded the paperwork first, just to make sure that I would qualify.   So I headed to Walgreen's drugstore and found it for $34.99 + tax.  They state that it will take 6 to 8 weeks for my rebate to arrive, so I was willing to wait.

So I have a box with 2 products in it.  The Gel Serum net weight 0.5 fluid ounce (14 ml), and the SPF 30 Activating Cream 0.5 fluid ounce (14 ml).

I read all the information on the box, and it states that it is:

"Clinically proven skincare that visibly smoothes wrinkles and firms for a resilient, youthful look.

When combined, ion2 complex is activated by the moisturizer, releasing essentail ion-mineral conductors that create a positive electric micro-current."

I took the gray tube of Neutrogena ion2 complex gel serum out, and then the silver gray spray can of Neutrogena day activating cream.  There is also a clear gray colored plastic stand for these 2 products.

I washed my face and was ready to use the facial lifting wrinkle treatment.  I was to apply the serum first.  It says that the first squeeze might be clear, so continue until the gray appears.  This should be about the size of a dime.

When I rubbed it into my skin it felt like talcum powder.  There was no grit in it, but more like a dusting powder.  It then states to use the SPF 30 activating cream, and again use about a dime size amount.

This cream has a very pleasant smell to it, and it was thick, and rubbed in easily.

I took a photograph of the first day, because on the box it states:

"Immediately.  After only a single use, skin feels softer and smoother.

After 1 week lifts the look of sagging skin.  Evens skin tone and minimizes the signs of discoloration.  Reduces the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles.  Improves the look of facial contours and definition."

Then I took a photograph on day seven.

I have religiously performed the 2 functions each morning, as per the instructions on the box, and after one week I don't see any difference.

My skin doesn't feel as soft as normal.  A couple of times my face has looked red, and I noticed in the photographs that instead of my Florida tanned face, it looks slightly red.  At this stage I have no opinion of this product.

It states to use it daily, so I have been applying both the serum and the activating cream, each morning.  I have not been using any other anti-wrinkle/anti-aging products at the same time.  I am just using a moisturizer at night, that is a basic one.

The chart gives the week 1, 2, and 4 results.  However, I am writing a week by week account, and taking photographs to go with it.

So from day 8 until 14, I have been getting up each morning.  I make sure that my face is totally clean, and then I apply the grey serum, which looks like a cream, but feels like talcum powder on my face.

I have the activating cream at the ready, and immediately press the button to release the same amount of the white cream.  I make sure that every inch of my face, and neck area, gets the cream.

The good part of using these 2 facial lifting wrinkle products is that I don't have any red spots on my face, or have any tingling, which most other products cause.  Also it contains an SPF 30, so I feel confident going out in the Florida sun.

The bad part is, that I still can't see any improvement, whatsoever.  In actual fact my skin feels dryer that it would do, with just a moisturizer on it.

The clinical results on the box state:

"Immediately.  After only a single use, skin feels softer and smoother.

After 2 weeks it states that instead of a noticeable improvement, there is a significantly noticeable improvement in leaving the skin softer and smoother.

On day 14  I still have all my lines, and wrinkles, and am wondering what the next 2 weeks will bring.

Checking the tube of serum, I am hoping that I will have enough to complete the 4 week study, to compare with the Neatrogena Clinical Study.  Their study had amazing results, and the before, and after photographs, look like the person had a surgical face lift.  They are so good.

Neutrogena is the #1 dermatologist recommended skincare brand.

On week 3 I have been really watching that I apply the full dime-size amount of the gray tube of in2 complex serum.  I have made sure that it has covered every bit of my face, forehead, and neck area.  Then as soon as this is completed, I press down on the spray SPF 30 activating cream twice, so that I get the full dime-size amount.  I carefully rub this over my face, neck, and forehead.

So from day 15 to 21 I have been looking into the mirror for improvement in the tightening of sagging skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines, and wrinkles.

One thing I am very pleased about is that I have had no reaction to the serum, or cream.  Normally I get dry patches, or redness around the eye area, so I know that I will be able to complete the 4 week clinical trial at my home.

I have really looked at the fine lines around my eyes, and there is no difference so far.  With the deeper lines around my face, and these are due to having my teeth pulled in my twenties, I still see deep lines, but they may be smoother looking.  The only way I can tell that there might be a slight improvement is by looking through my glasses, and a magnifying glass.

Neutrogena have a photograph of a lady on the box, with an immediate picture, and then one of 4 weeks later.  I think I will have just enough of both the serum and the activating cream to make it through the 4 weeks.  As far as I am seeing now, I really doubt that my home clinical trial will have a similar outcome.

Their results after 4 weeks are:
91% had visible improvements in skin firmness.
88% saw improvements in their overall facial appearance.
78% saw improvements in the lifted look of their face or appearance of jawline contour definition.
74% had improved skin elasticity and resilience.

Next week I will give you my final results.

Week 4 - Results time.

As I have been keeping a journal, of my 28 days of using both the Neutrogena ion2 complex gel serum, and the SPF 30 activating cream, today became crunch time.  I had to look deeply into my face, and compare my results, to the Clinical Results that Neutrogena performed.

First I looked in the mirror, then I put my glasses on, which magnified my face.  I did this with no makeup on, just the Neutrogena Clinical Facial lifting Wrinkle Treatment.  The end result was not a pretty sight.

Throughout the 4 week period, I had noted that my skin felt dryer, than using my regular moisturizer.  Looking at it really closely, I could see that I had a dry, slightly red patch, upon my chin, to the right side of my face.

The wrinkles, and deep lines that I have around my mouth are still there.

When I took the first photograph of my eyes, it didn't show enough, so I took a photograph of the side of both eye areas.  Again there was no difference after the 28 day period.

In week three I gave the results of the clinical trial, and have to say that I have no idea how they got them.

From the back of the box this is what they say about the technology of the product:

"Neutrogena brings you revolutionary anti-aging technology to minimize the visible signs of collagen loss.  This product contains 2 breakthrough technologies stored separately to preserve purity and maximize pwer.  Patented ion2 complex contains essential ion-mineral conductors that, when activated by the companion moisturizer, create a positive electric micro-current.  It's so gentle you can't feel it, but you'll see a resilient, toned, overall more youthful look."

What a load of rubbish.  My face looks worse than when I first started using this product.  I feel that my skin looks older, than my 62 years, while using this wrinkle treatment.

Neutrogena also tell us that they are the #1 dermatologist recommend skincare brand, and I have loved some of their products.  However, I cannot go along with them saying that they 'Deliver visible and lasting results for healthy, younger-looking skin.'

I purchased this product last month for $34.99 + tax, and am delighted that I will be getting a rebate for the cost of the product.  I can live with paying the tax.  The treatment did last me the full 4 weeks, and I had around a week of the gel serum left.  It was difficult to say how much of the SPF 30 activating cream I had left, as it is in a spray bottle.

Len was really surprised that I put all these photographs on another site that I write on, that can add photographs, with my story.   This was the  way I could prove the point.

As soon as the 4 week period was up, I went back to using a regular facial moisturizer, which cleared up the red patch, and hydrated my skin.

I was pleased that I did my own study of the Neutrogena Clinical Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment.  My photographs with no makeup on really showed how drying this Neutrogena treatment was.

I purchased my Neutrogena  Clinical treatment on July 16th, and it is now September 19th.  I have not received my rebate back in the mail.  I will be phoning them tomorrow to find out what is happening there.  I did keep copies of the form, the receipt, and also the bar-code.  I trust that I will be receiving it soon.

To contact them by telephone the number is 1-800-582-4048.

Neutrogena Clinical Eye Lift Contouring Treatment

Neutrogena Clinical Eye Lift Contouring Treatment

Revolutionary anti-aging technology to minimize the visible signs of collagen loss. This product contains 2 breakthrough technologies stored separatel...

Neutrogena Clinical Anti-aging Booster Serum Ion2 Complex

NEUTROGENA CLINICAL ANTI-AGING BOOSTER SERUM ION2 COMPLEX PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Boost the effectiveness of your skincare routine for a more youthful loo...

American Drug Supply Store
Neutrogena - Clinical - Total Anti-aging System - Eye - - Boxed

Neutrogena - Clinical - Total Anti-aging System - Eye - - Boxed

We are not representatives of this brand and/or company and are not affiliated with them in any way. Domestic (USA) Shipping: · In general we will shi...

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar Bonus Pack Original Formula 3 ea

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar Bonus Pack Original Formula 3 ea

Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for clean, clear, healthy-looking skin. 1 Bar Free! 3 Full Size Bars for the Price of 2. EM Neutrogena Facial Clean...
drugstore.com

Neutrogena Clinical Anti-aging Booster Serum Ion2 Complex

The breakthrough technology of Neutrogena ClinicalŪ Anti-Aging Booster Serum for your face, eyes, and lips complements the effectiveness of your skinc...

Neutrogena Liquid Facial Cleanser Formula - 4 Pack

Neutrogena Liquid Facial Cleanser Formula - 4 Pack

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Liquid neutrogena is pure and gentle cleansing for clean, clear, healthy-looking skin. this glycerin-rich facial ...

Neutrogena Original Formula Transparent Facial Bar Soap -- 3.5 oz

Neutrogena Original Formula Transparent Facial Bar Soap -- 3.5 oz

Neutrogena Original Formula Facial Cleansing Bar is made with glycerin and other high-quality ingredients, so it is exceptionally clean-rinsing and wo...
Vitacost.com

Neutrogena Clinical  Eye Lift Contouring Treatment  0.17 Fl Oz Ea

Neutrogena Clinical Eye Lift Contouring Treatment 0.17 Fl Oz Ea

You will receive 1 box of Neutrogena Clinical eye lift contouring treatment (as pictured) box contains 1 gel serum + 1 eye activating cream, each one ...

Neutrogena  Acne Prone  Skin Formula Facial Bar 3.5 oz (Pack of 3)

Neutrogena Acne Prone Skin Formula Facial Bar 3.5 oz (Pack of 3)

Neutrogena Acne Prone Skin Formula Bar, pack of 3, is a transparent facial bar that helps you maintain a clear complexion with fewer breakouts than wh...