Johnsons Natural Headtotoe Foaming Baby Wash 18 Oz. Reviews

Johnsons Natural Headtotoe Foaming Baby Wash 18 Oz.

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping Target
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Finally, Johnson & Johnson woke up!

Jul 16, 2010 (Updated Sep 2, 2010)

Pros:98% natural
paraben-free
dye-free
toxic chemicals-free
"guilt-free"

Cons:Higher price
hard to get the plastic off the package
very uncomfortable spout
unstable bottle
prefer liquid soap

The Bottom Line: 98% Natural baby wash is definitely worth spending extra ~$1.50!!!

I was really upset and mad at Johnson & Johnson Company after that scandal: some of the ingredients of their baby products are carcinogenic and toxic and the company refused to remove them. The bad news is that these compounds have an ability to build up in a body and can cause serious problems.

Immediately, I returned my never opened Johnson's baby shampoo back to Wal-Mart. I noticed the prices dropped significantly, too.  And a lot of Johnson's products are still on sale in most stores. I wouldn't use it even for free.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to see GREEN brand "NEW!" Johnson's natural baby products at my local Wal-Mart! Now we have a much better alternative - 98% natural baby wash, shampoo and lotion for our precious children.

I decided to go ahead and buy "New! Johnson's natural head-to-toe foaming baby wash", 9 FL OZ (266 ml), in order to use it as hand soap for my son and me (I have allergy to conventional = artificial = bad chemicals soaps). Happy to share that I don't have any allergy reactions to this 98% natural soap!

I'm not a big fan of foaming soaps, but I got this one thinking that it would be easier to put on my child's hands, since you don't have to lather it. It does work well; but the "pushing part" that you need to press in order to get any soap is really short and rather uncomfortable. Plus, I have to press at least 2 times to get an adequate amount of soap just for LITTLE hands. I can't imagine squeezing it 50 times to get enough to wash baby's hair / body. So, I didn't use it for washing my son's hair / body. For that I'd rather prefer a regular liquid Baby's natural shampoo and wash.  The package says it's tear-free.

Of course, what's more important is the soap itself. I'm very happy to say that "NEW!" Johnson's natural baby wash is 98% natural, and all those ingredients are plant and fruit derived. It has NO parabens (harmful preservatives with lots of side effects), NO dyes (the foam is white), NO essential oil. It's allergy and dermatologist tested. The ingredients naturally derived from coconut, palm and sugarcane, and it does smell like coconut. I feel safe using this soap for my baby.

Here is the list of ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polyglyceryl-10, Laurate, Cocoglycerides, Sodium coco-sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceril oleate, Sodium benzoate, Cetilhydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan gum, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

You can buy this NEW Johnson's Natural wash at Wal-Mart for $4.77. It's higher than conventional (chemical) versions, but I believe it's worth it. Also, I saw it at BabiesRus, and I'm sure it's going to take over all store shelves any time soon! Of course, you can buy it at Amazon.com and other on-line stores. You can find an 18 OZ package for only $6.99 and save $$$!

I like Johnson's new mottos: "We love babies. We love nature", "Our babies will inherit our planet".

The bottle contains up to 60% post-consumer recycled material, which makes me feel helpful and proud since I'm a recycling queen)). This # 2 plastic package can be also recycled.

Made in Canada.
For more information visit: http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/natural
Or call: 1-866-JNJ-BABY

Update (on September 3, 2010): after I have been using it for a while I have to say that this soap is, yes, above average and deserves 4 stars for sure, but I would not recommend it to a friend (and would not buy it again!) just because of the inconvenience of the spout! It is really awkward made! Especially when you get only about 1/3 of the bottle left, it gets harder and harder to get the soap out, and absolutely impossible to do so with one hand. Terribly uncomfortable, especially when you try to hold your child at the same time!

Conclusion: I would prefer it over regular soap just because it's 98% natural, but I would not buy it again / would not recommend it to a friend since there are plenty of other companies that make wonderful natural soaps that are very easy to use! Now I use a new all-natural soap that is liquid and in a very stable package with a very comfortable spout and it's been great after dealing with J&J foaming soap that takes forever to get.

Designed for use on the most sensitive of skin, Johnson's Natural Baby Wash can get your infant clean from head to toe. Mild and gentle, Johnson's Hea...
Find bath and body skincare at Target.com! Combines 98% naturally derived ingredients and over 100 years of trusted baby care knowledge to gently clea...

Powered by Frooition Pro Action Figures Arts Crafts Bikes, Scooters Riding Toys Building Sets Blocks Dolls Stuffed Animals Electronics Games Puzzles L...