Johnsons Natural Headtotoe Foaming Baby Wash 18 Oz. Reviews

Johnsons Natural Headtotoe Foaming Baby Wash 18 Oz.

Epinions Product Rating: OK

+$11.68 shipping Target
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Not for baby with eczema

Jan 3, 2011

Pros:Paraben and dye free, fragrance is pleasant

Cons:Spout difficult to use, aggravates eczema, is not very foamy

The Bottom Line: Would not recommend for a child with eczema, very dry skin, or sensitive skin

Product: Johnson's Natural Head to Toe Foaming Baby Wash, 18 oz

What the manufacturer's website says about the product:

"Combines 98% naturally derived ingredients and over 100 years of trusted baby care knowledge to gently cleanse delicate skin and hair to pure baby softness. Simply made to our BEST FOR BABY NATURALS™ Standard, this NO MORE TEARS® formula baby wash is as gentle to the eyes as pure water and contains our ALLERFREE™ fragrance. Clinically proven mild, it's designed gentle enough for newborns.
ALWAYS MILD & GENTLE™Paraben FreeDye FreeNo Irritating Essential OilsAllergy TestedDermatologist Tested"Where I bought it:  Target

How much I paid for it: $6.50. You can get better deals online and also at other retailers like Wal-Mart.

What it is:  A foaming wash for babies which claims to be natural. The foaming soap comes out of the spout. The bottle itself appears like one of the many 'natural product' genre products with a cream colored bottle with green lettering.

Pros:

-It appears to last longer since it is mainly foam that comes out of the spout
-Fragrance is very mild and is pleasant, and supposedly naturally derived
-Paraben and dye free

Cons:
Many ingredients are present in regular products and are not really purely natural
-The spout is very difficult to use and needs a lot of pressure to work well [this could be a pro, if your child keeps wanting to play with it]
-The biggest downside to this for me has been that it has made my son breakout in lots of new eczema lesions and has very dry irritated skin now. His eczema was almost in total remission untill I started using this product a month ago. No other changes have been made to his diet or products, so we are pretty sure it is this soap that has made things worse.
- Does not seem to clean well or be 'soapy' if you will. It just seems to run like water and not lather up much although you see meager amount of lather/bubbles when dispensed. We use the product sparingly because we don't want to overuse any product and dry out our son's skin, but to get adequate foam, you would need to use several pumps before you get sudsy enough.
-Claims to be allergy tested and dermatologist tested- well, maybe it is, but not sure what it has been tested for! It certainly aggravates our son's eczema

In a nutshell: I would not recommend it for a child who has sensitive skin or eczema. If you are buying this because it all natural, read the list of ingredients carefully on the manufacturer's website.

Designed for use on the most sensitive of skin, Johnson's Natural Baby Wash can get your infant clean from head to toe. Mild and gentle, Johnson's Hea...
Find bath and body skincare at Target.com! Combines 98% naturally derived ingredients and over 100 years of trusted baby care knowledge to gently clea...