-18%
Jolly Pets Monster Mouth Dog Toy, 3" Green Reviews

Jolly Pets Monster Mouth Dog Toy, 3" Green

+$5.99 shipping Hayneedle
+$5.99 shipping Hayneedle

Monster Mouth or Green Taco Toy?

Jul 26, 2012 (Updated Jul 30, 2012)

Pros:A great dog-sitter toy for smaller and younger dogs, floats, challenges dogs

Cons:lasted one day with my Lab

The Bottom Line: I can only recommend this toy for smaller and younger dogs with less-powerful jaws. My black Lab pup damaged it within a day.

Our newest furry kid is 10-month old "Lucy" - a black Lab mix who I rescued from my local shelter. No matter how many toys we've purchased for her in the past, she thinks our socks are fair game for tug-o-war matches. Well, I felt the need to branch out and try a bunch of new toys to occupy her desire to chew on stuff other than designated dog toys - like our SOCKS!

So off to Ebay I went and eventually purchased four new toys - one of which was this Monster Mouth in the 3" version. There's a cute monster face with little rubber teeth in its opening. They also make a 4" model but I thought the 3" would suffice. It's the perfect size for a young Lab or smaller dog but it might be a bit small for a German Shepherd.

One of the toys (the Kong Squeezz) I purchased in this group was destroyed within about two hours while this toy actually lasted about 24 hours and while not completely destroyed, the front (where the opening is) has been greatly diminished. Jack & Lucy still love this toy - especially when I place dog biscuit pieces inside of the mouth. They love trying to get the biscuit chunks out.

I like this Jolly Pets brand because they make some challenging dog toys - meaning the dogs have to work at getting the treat inside. And while this kind of "rubber" stood up to their K9 chompers a bit better than the awful Kong toy I purchased in the foursome, it doesn't last long before damage becomes evident.

For this reason, I rate this "challenge toy" 3.25 stars out of 5 for medium and large dogs. I'd rate it higher for smaller - less powerful dogs though. It does float, however, so streams, ponds and pools are not a problem for this Monster Mouth as a fetch toy and its lime-green color will help in finding it if the dog misses it or leaves it behind. And because of its odd shape, playing fetch is a good thing since the toy will bounce in every direction and keep the dog's attention going.

Jolly Pets also make similar toys (albeit more round) called the Monster Ball (blue) and Monster Girl (pink) for larger mouths and a larger treat cache. Check them out at jollypets.com - they're headquartered in Streetsboro, Ohio and a subsidiary of Horsemen's Pride, Inc.

I've contacted Jolly Pets because they offer a guarantee, so I might swap it out for a "Jolly Bone" which is made a lot tougher - so they say. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: 7/30/12
I emailed them last Friday and I just received a response (Monday). They told me to snap a picture of the toy and send them a copy of my Ebay invoice. They'll ship me out another toy of my choosing. Very cool!

Enjoy your pets and treat them like your children – not a burden. Cherish them and show them affection each and every day because you never know when their time is up on Earth. An animal could save your life or the lives of your family members one day.

Shop for Dog Toys from Hayneedle.com! About Jolly PetsJolly Pets was founded in 1995 as a subsidiary of Horsemen's Pride, Inc. Quality and durability ...
Hayneedle
Hayneedle
Jolly Pets Mm130 Monster MouthMonster MouthDont let the cute look fool you, hes quite aggressive when you throw him down.Designed for erratic, unpredi...
Green 3 Inch Dont let the cute look fool you, hes quite aggressive when you throw him down. Designed for erratic, unpredictable bouncing, this treat d...