Joovy Caboose Blue Check Standard Double Seat Stroller Reviews

Joovy Caboose Blue Check Standard Double Seat Stroller

Joovy is the right stroller for our young family

Jan 19, 2009 (Updated Jan 21, 2009)

Pros:Lightweight
Durable
Easy to drive
Easy to lock wheels
Easy to fold up and unfold.

Cons:Wish the front seat fully reclined
Wish the stroller was not quite so long

The Bottom Line: A solid choice for families with a newborn and a toddler.

Joovy Ultralight is tailor made for those families with a young child and a new baby.  Our son is 3 years old and like to walk/run but can't maintain this for very long.  He eventually needs to be carried.  At 35 pounds, this is getting to be hard work!

The Joovy Ultralight is a caboose style stroller that fits 2 children.  The infant fits up front and the stoller has a universal adaptor.  This allows most infant car seats to fit securely.  The back is a seat that our son hops into and holds on.  There are safety straps for both the infant carrier and the older child.  This is a different concept than the side by side strollers.

There is a smallish storage area at the bottom, under the seat of the older child.  It will hold a small diaper bag and some other small items.  There is a parent organizer that fits over the handlebar that hold cell phones, keys, drinks etc...

The handling is sharp and easy to maneuver even when loaded down with two. Assembly was relatively easy and I had it up and ready to go within 30 minutes.  No tools were required.

This stoller is 21 pounds which is light enough but sturdy enough to manage the load safely.  It is a little long which makes fitting into any sedan trunk tight.  I have a Honda CRV which is no problem, but our Saturn Sedan is a very tight fit.

There is a ton of shade with this stroller with shade for both the infant and toddler.  I love that feature.  We live in sunny Southern California and the sun can be intense.

Overall, I am pleased with this stroller for the safety, durability, and handling.  It saves my back, and allows me to keep my 2 kids together safely.  It also is a great idea as my son loves to be a "big kid" and jump off and on when he decides.

My only negative observations are the front seat does not recline fully and when I have the infant carrier, my son in back is a a little cramped.  The handlebars can't be adjusted for height comfort but that is not a deal killer.

Otherwise, I highly recommend this stroller for those with an infant and a toddler.

Age Range of Child: Other

Strolling around has never been easier with two children. The versatile Caboose Stand-On Tandem allows an older child to stand on its patented rear pl...