Joovy Caboose Blue Check Standard Double Seat Stroller Reviews

Joovy Caboose Blue Check Standard Double Seat Stroller

Practical, durable and really cute

Sep 13, 2009 (Updated Sep 13, 2009)

Pros:Lightweight for a double, versitile, good looking, great parent/child cupholders etc, wonderful sunshade.

Cons:Need to manually lock open, not good for napping children.

The Bottom Line: I've really enjoyed having this stroller - it's just perfect for children at least 18 months apart.

My youngest daughters are 2.5 years apart, so a conventional double stroller wouldn't be as useful for us, since Big Sister would constantly be jumping on and off - or worse, she'd be constantly fighting with Little Sister. I wanted to transport them both simultaneously, but they had very different needs.

Priorities for me included great sun coverage (we live in a hot, sunny climate), tray or cupholders for both kids, a tray or cupholder for me, foldability and weight.

And I just love, LOVE my Joovy Caboose Ultralight.

It moves smoothly, even with my two big girls in it (now 3.5 and 11 months) - it's a smoother push than the Sit'n'Stand stroller. When my baby was still small the included extra connector held her Graco Snugride car seat perfectly. The sun coverage is excellent; it's a big canopy, and can cover both children most of the way most of the time - it is very articulated.

It's held up very well over the last year, even on our dusty, rocky terrain (I've even taken it up and down the side of a mountain - literally - and it did well, especially when I locked the front wheels). The color (sage) has not faded and I still find it lovely. The 5 point harness for the child in front is well designed (haven't pinched her or my fingers once) and is easily adjustable, yet very secure.

Big Sister is usually quite happy to have the ability to get on and off simply, and actually she and one or two friends sometimes all pile on (two sitting and one standing) and I have to push them all together. The stroller can handle it, but oy, my back! :)  The sitting strap is pretty useless, but if one needed to restrain a recalcitrant child it would probaby be adequate.

The tray for Little Sister is great and cleans well. The pockets for Big Sister and included neoprene organizer for me are definitely adequate. The basket underneath is a decent size but not totally accessible due to the location of the Big Sister seat (even though it slides). However, stretchy sides mean you can get a few things in and out of there without too much difficulty.

And inevitably, when the Big Sister accidentally pushed the stroller with Little Sister strapped in down three steps and it flipped over... the front tray acted like a roll bar and the seat was high enough to protect her head - so she got a scare and a scratch, but she was FINE. And the stroller was too.

Good product - I'm very pleased. The only downsides are: neither child can really nap in the stroller, but for my needs that's not a large issue at all. Also, it folds compactly, but to fit it in my trunk (Toyota Corolla) I need to remove the front tray, which is rather simple. It does take two hands to fold, and you have to manually lock the stroller in the open position, something I often forget to do.

However, for the money, it's still a great buy.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Strolling around has never been easier with two children. The versatile Caboose Stand-On Tandem allows an older child to stand on its patented rear pl...