Joovy Caboose Blue Check Standard Double Seat Stroller Reviews

Joovy Caboose Blue Check Standard Double Seat Stroller

Perfect for a small car

Dec 26, 2009 (Updated Dec 26, 2009)

Pros:great fit for small car
removable canopy and tray
superior construction

Cons:heavy
no parent cup
sliding tandem seat

The Bottom Line: Definitely an excellent buy for anyone looking for a tandem stroller and fit is an issue due to a smaller car.

I have a delayed 4.5 year old and a 10 month old.  When I was pregnant I was bound and determined NOT to get a double stroller.  Mostly because they're incredibly cumbersome, but also because I have a smaller car.

We initially purchase a Graco SnugRide32 travel system.  I have had extreme difficulty getting that in and out of my trunk (2001 Saturn SL2). I eventually gave up on that and bought the Snap-n-Go to use with the carrier.  Now that he's out of the carrier, I need something different.

So, when I was out trick-or-treating and saw someone with a Joovy, I had to ask about it.  I did my research on the dimensions versus other doubles and tandems out there.

The Joovy Caboose folds more compactly than anything else. And, with the child's tray being completely removable, making the overall folded length a few inches shorter, I can fit the stroller into my trunk both lengthways and widthways.  This makes packing the trunk much easier!

The boys LOVE the stroller itself.  I agree with other reviewers that I wish the tandem seat locked into position.  Not a big fan of it sliding back and forth.

However, I love that the seat has a belt to keep him in.  He loves that he can stand on the platform to see where we're going.  I also had him sit facing forward with his feet in the basket.  It would work if I am having a particularly difficult time with him.

I am pleased with the way the 5-point harness comes together.  Where some strollers are set up that you can only attach the shoulder straps before the lap straps, I like that you can use the lap strap, then add the shoulder straps.

The fact that the seat reclines without having to pinch or grab too many parts is great.  My husband loves that it's one easy movement he can see.

Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Strolling around has never been easier with two children. The versatile Caboose Stand-On Tandem allows an older child to stand on its patented rear pl...