Kms Daily Repair Reconstructor 25 oz

KMS Daily Repair for Damaged Hair

May 4, 2009

Pros:Does wonders with badly damaged hair

Cons:Expensive, only sold in salons

The Bottom Line: An expensive product, but it did help my daughters damaged hair.

A few years ago my daughter decided to save some money and let a friend of hers highlight her hair.  Her friend assured her that she had done this many times before and knew what she was doing.  Had I known about these plans, I would have gladly paid to have my daughter get her hair highlighted professionally in a salon!

When it came time to rinse her hair, it was coming out in clumps, filling up the sink!  Her friend left the chemicals on her hair for too long, and totally damaged her hair.  I was heartsick!  My daughter had beautiful thick hair (just the opposite of my fine hair), and now about half of it was GONE.  Don't ever let a friend mess with your hair, leave it to the experts!!

Her hair was not only half gone, but what she did have was very dry and straw like.  I knew there had to be a product on the market that would help restore what was left.  My daughter and I both had the same hair stylist, and I called her to see what she suggested.  First, she trimmed her hair to a much shorter style, and I bought a large bottle of KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor.  I believe I also purchased the shampoo as well, but we still have some of the reconstructor, as this is a huge bottle and a little goes a very long way.

Description

The bottle is white with a pale yellow box on the front.  It's big and measures almost 9" in height, and is 3" in diameter.  I'm so glad the company made the bottle in an oval shape, because a round bottle of this size and weight would be difficult to use in a shower.

The back of the bottle says this is a "orange clove" fragrance, but I do not smell any oranges at all.  If I take a deep whiff I do notice a faint scent of cloves.  Mostly it smells like a bar of ivory soap, very clean and fresh smelling.  The product itself is an extremely thick pale peach color.  The cap says "press" on one end, and when you press it, the other end pops up, with a generously sized rectangular shaped hole.  This is probably twice as thick as my normal conditioner.

Claims

* Repairs and strengthens stressed, coarse, brittle hair
* Restores strength and shine
* Contains Prolimin-49 for moisture balance and nutrition
* Natural essential fatty acids promote elasticity, pliability and sheen

Our Experiences

It probably took two weeks of my daughter using this product on a daily basis to notice a difference in her hair.  The first thing we did was take her to the salon and have her hair cut much shorter.  Our stylist was appalled by the look of her hair, and warned her not to ever use any of those home do-it-yourself home kits!

Unfortunately, the KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor didn't do much to make her hair look any fuller or thicker ... it was obviously going to take time for her hair to grow back again.  But the KMS did make her hair look less brittle, and feel nice and soft.  Still not as soft as her former hair, but a big improvement none the less.

The directions say to apply a small amount to damp hair, leave in for 3-5 minutes and then rinse.  Since the name is "Daily Repair", I had no concerns about her using this on a daily basis.  It was going to take a miracle for my daughters hair to look normal again, and while this product didn't perform one, it really did help improve her hair, and made it look presentable again.  It ended up taking more than a year for her hair to look almost the same as before, but still to this day  don't think it's as full and thick as it once was.  Lesson learned!

I use the KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor on an occasional basis when my hair needs more moisture.  Our winter was extremely dry, and this product did help with the static electricity I was dealing with on a daily basis.  It was so bad that some days I could not style my hair without spraying my round styling brush with hairspray first.  Overall, my hair is fairly healthy, but it does take a toll from the heat of a blow dryer and curling/flat iron, and I feel that the KMS helps keep my hair looking and feeling healthy when used a few times a month.

It is a little harder to rinse out after letting it sit on the hair for several minutes, so I only use this in the shower on days when I have plenty of time.  If I don't get it rinsed out thoroughly my hair doesn't shine, and for that reason I always avoid using it on the scalp area, and pay special attention to the ends of my hair.

I don't recall what I paid for this product, and I also purchased the KMS shampoo at the time.  I do remember that it was very expensive, but at the time I didn't even care.  I found the 8.1 ounce bottle online at discount beauty center, and it retails for $11.50, so this is indeed expensive.

In taking a quick peek at the ingredients, I was curious to know what pollen extract would do for the hair.  The regrowhair.com website has this to say about flower pollens:

Flower pollens may help reduce the negative effects of naturally occurring androgens that weaken the hair follicles. It may be possible that pollen extracts inhibit the formation of dihydrotestosterone or DHT (the hormone responsible for http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-blog/hair-loss-article.asp?CopyID=86) either by blocking the contributing enzyme 5-alpha-reductase or block the binding of DHT to the receptor. Though it is not definite, the tentative conclusion is that it inhibits the binding of DHT to the receptor.

KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor does not claim to regrow hair, but if there is evidence out there that pollen extract will help, I am glad they included it in their ingredients.  It's natural, so it certainly can't hurt, and in my daughters case, she needed all the help she could get.

Ingredients

Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soybean Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesame Oil, Cetyl Alchohol, Panthenol, Wheat Protein, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Corn Oil, Pollen Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Methylchloroisothiazonlinone, Methylisonthiazolinone, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.

About KMS

KMS Research LLC is based in Redding, California, and they do NOT test on animals.  They have this to say about their reconstructors:  KMS reconstructors offer an effective alternate to today's conditioners. Where conditioner can only offer temporary solutions, KMS reconstructors work to help rebuild internal hair structure for the healthiest hair possible. For maximum results, all KMS reconstructors are individually designed to meet the specific needs of various hair types and conditions. We recommend four easy steps for reconstruction; 1. remove excess moist from hair; 2. apply reconstructor; 3. leave in 3 to 5 minutes (KMS reconstructors process with the body's own heat - no time under the dryer is required); and 4. rinse thoroughly.

My bottle says "guaranteed only when purchased from professional salons".

KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor 25.4 oz

KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor 25.4 oz

KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor 25.4 oz - Therapy for stressed hair. Essential Fatty Acids and Prolimin-49 (nature's super vitamin) restore strength an...
KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor Gallon

KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor Gallon

KMS Daily Repair Reconstructor Gallon  -  Repairs, Strengthens stressed, coarse, brittle hair.
Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor 25oz

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor 25oz

KMS Amp Volume Reconstructor 25oz Amp Volume reconstuctor is a deep penetrating body building conditioner for fine or thinning hair.On Dec-11-07 at 14...

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor (lot Of 4 Each) 25oz

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor (lot Of 4 Each) 25oz

KMS Amp Volume Reconstructor SIZE: 25oz CONDITION: NEW / UNUSED PRICE: $19.94 EACH SHIPPING $12.94 ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!INTERNATIONAL BUYER...

KMS Daily FIXX Hydrate Moisture Reconstructor 8.1 oz

KMS Daily FIXX Hydrate Moisture Reconstructor 8.1 oz

KMS Daily FIXX Hydrate Moisture Reconstructor 8.1 oz- Replenishes moisture balance and body for dry hair.
Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor Gallon

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor Gallon

KMS Amp Volume Reconstructor Gallon PRICE: $47.94 SIZE: GALLON CONDITION: NEW / UNUSED FREE SHIPPIN ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES. INTERNATIONAL BUYER...

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor 8oz$10.94 Free Shippin In Us Only

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor 8oz$10.94 Free Shippin In Us Only

KMS Amp Volume Reconstructor 8.1oz Amp Volume reconstuctor is a deep penetrating body building conditioner for fine or thinning hair. CONDITION: NEW /...

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor (original Formula) 25oz Free Ship In The Us

Kms Amp Volume Reconstructor (original Formula) 25oz Free Ship In The Us

KMS Amp Volume Reconstructor SIZE: 25oz CONDITION: NEW / UNUSED PRICE: $19.94 EACH FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!! INTERNATIONAL BUYERS...

Kms Moisture Replace Reconstructor 3.4oz $10.94-free Shipping In The U. S.

Kms Moisture Replace Reconstructor 3.4oz $10.94-free Shipping In The U. S.

KMS MOISTURE REPLACE RECONSTRUCTOR 3.4oz Bottle 1 @ $10.94 FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!! Ideal for ethnic, brittle and coarse texture...