K'nex Sesame Street Elmo Building Set Reviews

K'nex Sesame Street Elmo Building Set

Elmo Disappointed Us - K'Nex Sesame Street Elmo Building Set

Nov 9, 2010
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:it's Elmo

Cons:doesn't stay together, hard to fit back into the container

The Bottom Line: The Sesame Street Elmo Building Set was a toy we thought we would love but it turned out to be a bust for us.

My oldest son always enjoyed playing with Lego’s and K'Nex. So when my youngest asked for a set to play with we decided to purchase him the K’Nex Sesame Street Elmo Building Set. My son loved Elmo so I thought this would be the perfect starting set for him.

I found the Sesame Street Elmo Building Set online on sale and picked it up for my son but I held it until Christmas. When he opened it he was really excited. He wanted to open it right away and start playing with it.

The Sesame Street Elmo Building Set comes in an Elmo shaped storage container and thirteen pieces which once put together look like Elmo. Elmo goes together alright but doesn’t stay together.  The set also includes stickers, an educational activity sheet and additional building ideas.

My son was three when he received the Sesame Street Elmo Building Set. He thought it was an awesome toy until he started playing with it. Of course his older brother had to help him assemble Elmo. Right away my oldest noticed that the pieces didn’t stay together very well. He would put one piece on and another would fall off. After a short time, both my boys got very frustrated with Elmo and it quickly got pushed to the side.

I purchased the Sesame Street Elmo Building Set online for $9.99. They still sell the set online for around fifteen dollars. If I were you I would save my money and purchase another type of set because this set is not worth the money. At our home the Sesame Street Elmo Building Set did not get played with as it wouldn’t stay together.

K'Nex also sells other Sesame Street Building Sets like cookie monster and Ernie. We didn’t purchase any of the other sets since we had problems with the Elmo Set. They say you can interchange the pieces if you purchase the other sets but since Elmo didn’t stay together we were afraid the other sets would be the same.

Even though my son loved Elmo, he didn’t like the Sesame Street Elmo Building Set. If they would do something with the set that it stayed together, this would be a great toy.

The Sesame Street Elmo Building Set is also hard to get back into the container. I like when toys are all inclusive but this set was difficult to get back into the container. You need to put the pieces in a certain order to get them all back in. This again can be very frustrating for a youngster.

Sesame Street Elmo Building Set
is recommended for children two to seven years old. I think no matter what the age of your child, they will get frustrated with this building set since it doesn’t stay together.

The Sesame Street Elmo Building Set helps with hand eye coordination, putting things together and patience.

We have since donated our Sesame Street Elmo Building Set but we hope it isn’t frustrating someone else.

Even though we are Elmo fans, we were not fans of the Sesame Street Elmo Building Set. We would not recommend the K’Nex Sesame Street Elmo Building Set to others.

This is an entry in sleeper54’s Lean-N-Mean write-off.

Type of Toy: Playscene

Sesame Street lol Elmo Are You Ready To Lol With Elmo??? 18m+ - 4 Years

Sesame Street lol Elmo Are You Ready To Lol With Elmo??? 18m+ - 4 Years

Sesame Street Laugh out Loud Elmo!!! Elmo tells silly Jokes makes Silly Sounds when you Press his feet or Tickle his tummy! Squeeze Dorothy fishbowl t...

K'NEX Sesame Street Swim Time Ernie Building Set 85544

K'NEX Sesame Street Swim Time Ernie Building Set 85544

K'NEX 85544 Your child can build Ernie dressed in his bathing suit and ready to take a swim! Features: -Handy storage canister for easy clean-up and ...
Wayfair

Elmo AirWalker Foil Balloon Sesame Street

Elmo AirWalker Foil Balloon Sesame Street

Elmo loves a great party! Includes (1) 54 themed airwalker foil balloon. This is an officially licensed Sesame Street product.
Birthday Express

Elmo Sesame Street Birthday Party Airwalker Balloon 54

Elmo Sesame Street Birthday Party Airwalker Balloon 54

Elmo Sesame Street Birthday Party Airwalker Balloon 54 Big 54 Elmo Airwalker balloon is perfect for any Elmo and Sesame Street fan and is a great addi...

50 Elmo Sesame Street Jumbo Airwalker Balloon

50 Elmo Sesame Street Jumbo Airwalker Balloon

50 Elmo Sesame Street Jumbo Airwalker Balloon - Mylar Balloon Foil
BargainBalloons.com

Sesame Street Elmo Cupcake And Treat Stand (Each)

Sesame Street Elmo Cupcake And Treat Stand (Each)

Elmo loves to show off deserts before serving them, so be sure to set them out early on the Sesame Street Elmo Cupcake and Treat Stand. The three-tier...
BirthdayInABox

Sesame Street Elmo Adult Headband

Sesame Street Elmo Adult Headband

Includes one officially licensed Sesame Street Elmo Adult Headband
Windy City Novelties

Sesame Street - Elmo Adult Headband

Sesame Street - Elmo Adult Headband

Find costumes, accessories and props at Target.com! Sesame street - elmo adult headband

Sesame Street Elmo Full Body Puppet 15-Inch Plush

Sesame Street Elmo Full Body Puppet 15-Inch Plush

Recreate your very own scenes from Sesame Street ! This Sesame Street Elmo Full Body Hand Puppet 15-Inch Plush features the lovable resident of Sesame...
EntertainmentEarth.com

Sesame Street: Elmo And Friends (Full Frame)

Sesame Street: Elmo And Friends (Full Frame)

ElmoPalooza: Join the Sesame Stree Muppets for an all-star celebration of 30 years of songs and laughs! Songs include: I Want a Monster to be my Frien...