Keurig Elite B40 1 Cups Brewing System Reviews

60 consumer reviews

Free Shipping Walmart.com

Consistently hot coffee, fast

Apr 17, 2011

Pros:Consistent, hot coffee
Super fast brew & recycle
Bold coffees actually are

Cons:Made in China (but quality seems good)
K Cups should be recyclable

The Bottom Line: I have not yet had this long enough to comment on its reliability, however based on my experience so far I would definitely recommend this brewer.

Background: I'm a regular Starbucks coffee drinker, so I'm used to a stronger brew to get me going in the morning. I've owned a nice Cuisinart 10-cup brewer for several years, but was intrigued by the Keurig's stated ability to brew a single cup quickly (I almost always end up with 1/3 of a pot of coffee left on the Cuisinart.

After reading around, I decided to go for the Elite instead of the Special Edition as it was better reviewed and seemed to have many fewer people returning it due to mechanical failures (always a caveat in anything made in China, in my opinion and experience).

The quick take is that I'm very happy with this machine -- I especially like always having a hot cup of coffee -- something that, as you know if you've used drip coffee makers, isn't possible after the initial brew -- whatever's left on the warmer only stays, well, warm.

For a bit more detail, the analyst in me wanted to dig a little deeper and thought some real data might be interesting to people considering this purchase (these are all using an average of 3 repetitions of each step):

Time to be brew-ready from power on: 49 seconds
Time to brew a full (smaller) cup of coffee: 37 seconds
Time to recycle power/water for next brew cycle: 19 seconds

Those are impressive numbers, and are much appreciated for the coffee deprived parent with early rising children :-)

The brew temperature is good (I like my coffee on the hotter side) and the strength of the coffee is good as long as you stick with bold K cups -- anything else was too weak for me (you get a 12 K cup sample pack with the machine).

There are hot apple cider, hot chocolate, and a variety of caffeinated and decaffeinated teas available for this machine, as well as some teas intended to be brewed as iced tea. I haven't yet tried any of these, but my kids are anxious to try the cider & hot chocolate, as much for the fun of being able to put their own K cup in the machine and watch it do its thing as to get a quick cup of something tasty I think.

The only improvements I'd want in this coffee maker would be for the K cups to be recyclable and for Starbucks to get in the game of making K cups...the Tullys & Newman's Own that are available now are quite good though.

NEW Version Keurig B40 Elite Single Cup Coffee And Tea Brewer Brews A Perfect Cup Of Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa Or Iced Beverage In Less Than One Minute A...