Keurig Special Edition B60 1 Cups Brewing System - Black/Chrome Reviews

Keurig Special Edition B60 1 Cups Brewing System - Black/Chrome

TASSIMO KILLER

Jan 30, 2006

Pros:Great coffee. always ready to go. No fuss, no muss.

Cons:A bit expensive.

The Bottom Line: The best of the pod brewers.

I was perplexed whether to buy a Tassimo or Keurig and originally tried the Tassimo, but found myself constantly frustrated with the lack of flavored coffees that I love. I bought the Tassimo for the technology, but decided to try the Keurig B60 in a side-by-side test.

Taste -- No comparison, Keurig, makes a smoother cup of coffee and you can find anything you are looking for -- bold, mild, flavored, caf, de-caf. Tassimo, you are stuck buying their brands, including Gevalia, which seems to base its business on getting people hooked on their machine to buy their coffee on a go-forward basis.

Convenience -- The Keurig is always ready to go. Tassimo you have to wait every day for the water to warm up (even if you leave the machine on over night), again, no contest. While Keurig, because of the lack of milk pods, is easier to cleanup, they are both a breeze to operate.

Looks -- That is a personal opinion, but the Keurig, in my eyes, kicks butt when standing right next to the squat Tassimo.

Tassimo sells itself making cappucino's and lattes, which is does, but the milk is not, kind of, refreshing.

Tassimo does fill a mug better, but Keurig has three sizes.

Both make a nice hot cup of coffee. The B60 upgrade, which is expensive, lets you make the water 5 degrees hotter.

I did not hate the Tassimo, by any means, but the side-by-side taste test was not even close.

Both are a bit pricey, and Keurig even more so given the B60 is not available at Bed, Bath & Beyond, so no 20% coupon.

Another advantage, which I have not tried is the re-usable filter in the Keurig, which makes it so that you can use any coffee in the world and save dozens of dollars a week, making coffee for a few cents, rather than nearly 50 cents a cup.

PS: Anyone want to buy my remaining T-discs cheap???

Charcoal Water Filter 24 Pack To Fit Keurig Model B60 Special Edition Brewer Product Description Replacement Charcoal Water Filters Specially Designed...

The Keurig Special Edition B60 Coffee Maker is a special machine for special people. This Keurig coffee maker comes with Keurigs dependable technology...