Keurig Vue V700

We Love It But Are Some Downfalls - Keurig Vue V700 Brewing System

Sep 10, 2012

Pros:look, touch pad, easy to use, hotter beverages, taste of beverages

Cons:can't use K-cups, less variety, price, cups not sold in stores yet

The Bottom Line:

We love our Keurig Vue V700 Brewing System and would recommend it to others.

I was given a Keurig Vue V700 Brewing System to try and give my honest opinion on. We had a Keurig B60 Coffee Maker but I had bought it for my son and when he moved out, he took his Keurig with him. So when I was asked to give the Vue V700 a try, I was really excited.

Out of the box the first thing I noticed was that the Vue V700 was bigger than our previous Keurig. The Vue V700 measures 16" x 13.7" x 16". The Vue V700 is black with silver accents. The 74 ounce water reservoir is black but see through and is on the left side of the unit. The reservoir is also lighted which is really neat looking. You keep the reservoir filled with water and when the water is low, the Vue will let you know. The top right side of the Vue V700 features a round on and off button and a cool looking 1“ x 2“ touch pad. You can brew coffee, tea, hot cocoa and iced beverages in the Vue. My unit also came with a bonus variety ten pack of Vue cups.

The touch pad allows you to choose what beverage you are making, the size of the cup you will be filling, the strength and how hot you would like it.

The Vue V700 is easy to use. You need to plug it in and add water to the reservoir so that it is filled. It is recommended that you use bottled or filtered water. You turn the unit on and wait for the unit to preheat. When it is ready the brew button in the middle top of the cup port lid will start blinking and the touch pad will say “lift to brew”. You lift the handle and place your Vue cup in the port lid and close it.

At the top of the touch pad you will first need to pick if you are making coffee or tea, a cafe drink or an iced beverage. If you choose the coffee or tea button, you will then choose coffee, hot tea or hot cocoa. You can also choose if you want your coffee stronger on this screen. You can only choose stronger when making coffee. You then pick what size you are brewing. With coffee you can make a four ounce to an 18 ounce beverage, with tea you can make 6 to 12 ounces and hot cocoa, 6 to 10 ounces. When you are finished making your selections you hit the brew button.

You need to make sure your cup is sitting on the drip tray. The drip tray is a two piece unit that has a drain grate. If your cup is too big, you can remove the drip tray. We have used the unit with and without the drip tray. When making ice tea we remove the drip tray but when making a mug of coffee, hot tea, or hot cocoa, we place the mug on the drip tray. The drip tray is easily removed and placed back on the unit. We have found all our travel mugs fit under the unit but we do have some fat mugs that don’t fit just right. We have never had any issues but you do need to make sure your mugs are pushed back as far as you can.

I have never used the cafe function as we don’t drink those kinds of drinks. They seem easy enough to make but you do need to use two Vue packs to make a cafe drink.

We have used the Vue V700 for many types of iced beverages. We have made ice coffee and ice tea. I think we use the Vue V700 equally for hot and cold beverages. You can even use the Vue V700 for making hot water.

It is also recommended that once you brew tea or cocoa that you clean the Vue V700. The Vue is easy to clean. You take and empty a Vue cup and run it threw a brew cycle. You should also rinse the drip tray out if anything drips into it. We have yet to have anything drip in our drip tray but I still check it daily. The brew head and water reservoir and lid should also be cleaned periodically. You cannot wash any of the unit in the dishwasher; it does need to be washed by hand. We have not had our Vue very long but it also recommended that you descale your unit every three to six months.

The Vue V700 has a clock that you can set, there is also an on and off function and an energy saver mode. We have set the clock, which was easy. I do not use the on and off function but this function allows you have the Vue come on and shut off at a certain time of day. We do use the energy saver mode which shuts your unit off after a certain time after your last brew. We have it set to go off an hour after the last brew. So when my husband gets up, he turns the unit on. He uses it and goes to work. We get up and the unit is still on and my son and I both use it. Once we are done, we do not have to worry about shutting it off as I know it will shut off in an hour.

The Vue cups are recyclable. Once you use the cup, you tear off the top which will remove the filter and you but the cup portion in the recyclables.

The one thing I don’t like about the Vue V700 is that K-cups are not compatible with the Vue. I had some K-cups from when we owned the B60 that my son didn’t take with him because he didn’t like them. I was hoping to use them in my Vue but I cannot. There is also a bigger selection of K-cups then there are Vue cups. As of now, they do not offer a self-fill cup like the B60 did. The Vue cups are also a bit more expensive then K-cups.

I like the look of the Vue V700. It is sleek looking and well designed. It does take up more space on my counter top but it is attractive enough that I don’t mind.

The Vue does take a bit longer to brew a beverage but this does not bother me. The Vue also makes a bit more noise. I noticed the first time we used it because we stood right over it, watching it. Now I don’t even hear it when it is brewing. I am either busy making breakfast or getting ready for work. So it does make noise, but for us it is not very noticeable.

I also love the touch pad of the Vue. It is easy to use. My thirteen year old uses it all the time to make hot cocoa, hot tea and ice tea. I also like that the pad says to ENJOY when the brewing is done.

The Vue V700 is said to make hotter beverages. I just think it makes the perfect beverage which is just right to drink.

I got the Vue V700 for free but I did price it online. It sells for around $225.00. I have seen it sold online and in stores. I have only seen the Vue cups sold online though. Personally it does seem like a lot of money for a coffee maker but I think it is worth it. My family and I really like the Vue V700 and I am so glad that I was given the opportunity to try it.

I have only had the Vue V700 for two weeks but I like it so much that I couldn’t wait to write about it. If anything changes, I will update my review.

We love our Keurig Vue V700 Brewing System and would recommend it to others. I love the look of the Vue, how easy it is to operate and the taste of the beverages it produces. I look forward to when Keurig makes other varieties of Vue cups and when I can find them in our local stores.

Keurig Vue V700 Single Serve Coffeemaker Brewing System

Keurig Vue V700 Single Serve Coffeemaker Brewing System

For a relishing cup of coffee that will keep you fresh for a long time get the Keurig Vue V700 coffeemaker. Offering you a variety of options like str...

Charcoal Water Filter 24 Pack To Fit Keurig Vue V700, V 700 Single Pod Brewer

Charcoal Water Filter 24 Pack To Fit Keurig Vue V700, V 700 Single Pod Brewer

Charcoal Water Filter 24 Pack To Fit Keurig Vue V700, V 700 Single Pod Brewer Product Description Replacement Charcoal Water Filters Specially Designe...

Keurig Vue  V700 Brewing System Coffee Maker Bonus Drawer Included

Keurig Vue V700 Brewing System Coffee Maker Bonus Drawer Included

Product Description Fully programmable color Touchscreen Brews in under one minute Strength Temperature control Eight brew sizes – from 4oz. up to a...

In Box Keurig Vue V500 Coffee Maker.

In Box Keurig Vue V500 Coffee Maker.

New in Box Keurig Vue Coffee Maker V500 Brews in less than 1 minute Custom Brewing Technology lets you brew regular or strong to suit your taste Brew ...

Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Brewing System (Black)

Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Brewing System (Black)

Brew a stronger-bodied cup at the touch of a button. Choose from a wide selection of cup sizes: 4-ounces, 6-ounces, 8-ounces, 10-ounces, 12-ounces 16-...
Overstock.com

Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Brewing System

Brew a stronger-bodied cup at the touch of a buttonChoose from a wide selection of cup sizes: 4-oz, 6-oz, 8-oz, 10-oz, 12-oz, 16-oz and 18-ozSelect yo...
Keurig  Reservoir / Lid V700

Keurig Reservoir / Lid V700

Keurig Reservoir / Lid V700
Keurig

Keurig Vue V500 Single Cup Custom Brewing System K-cup

Keurig Vue V500 Single Cup Custom Brewing System K-cup

Keurig Vue V500 Single Cup Custom Brewing System K-Cup.Great Detail, New Condition without box small scratch on water reservoir see picture. I do comb...

Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Coffee Brewing System w/ 10 Sample Cups

Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Coffee Brewing System w/ 10 Sample Cups

PLEASE NOTE: The Kuerig Vue uses Vue Packs instead of standard K-Cups. Traditional K-Cups will NOT work

Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Brewing System

Powered by Frooition Pro Keurig Vue V600 Single Serve Brewing System Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. Item Desc...