-14%

Kicker Solo-Baric L7 S10L7 2001 1-Way 10" Car Subwoofer

These things are LOUD

Nov 20, 2002

• Sound Quality:

Pros:LOUD Bass, small enclosure

Cons:Need lots of power, not ideal for SQ

The Bottom Line: These are great subs, if you can afford to power them.

Now first off, these subs are the first subs I have ever owned. However, I have listened to many different subs that were owned by friends of mine. I’m running 2 S10L7 subs off of a Kicker ZR360 amp wired in mono. This probably isn’t enough power for the two but it is all I can afford.

As a daily driver, these subs sound great. Playing them at normal listening levels, the bass hits hard and true. Once you turn them up to maximum volume (yes, it is almost defining) they have a little trouble keeping up. This is probably because they are underpowered or it could be distortion from the head unit at full volume.

One great thing about these subs is the amount of space they require. If you are trying to conserve your trunk space, one Kicker S10L7 needs only .66 cubic feet of airspace for a sealed enclosure. That is hardly big enough to fit around the HUGE magnet!!!

I would recommend these subs to anyone that has the money to purchase an amp that will give them all the power they need. Kicker rates the subs as being able to handle a max of 600 watts RMS and 1200 watts peak. So if you have an amp that will power them, buy these subs, you won’t be disappointed.

When people want to add extra bass to their car's stereo, they turn to subwoofers. This Kicker Solo-Baric L7 S10L7 2001 delivers excellent sound while...