Kicker Solo-Baric L7 S12L7 2001 1-Way 12" Car Subwoofer

The square that KICKs!

Nov 3, 2006

• Sound Quality:

Pros:hard hitting, great construction, great sound quality

Cons:square shape makes it more difficult to purchase enclosures

The Bottom Line: Hard hitting subs, with a very high sound quality, a car audio enthusiast just couldn't ask for much more.

I am a huge car audio enthusiast. Ever since my first car back in 1997, I have been trying to push the envelope on what my vehicles can do. My very first car, a 1995 Mustang started out with the most simplistic of sound systems, featuring a floating box for ease of removal, with a couple of 12" subwoofers and just a basic amp. I upgraded the deck, the wires, and all of that, but at the end of the day, it was still your basic sound system.

Since then I have done much more work, including a full car audio system on my competition 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S. I went all out on that car, with custom fiberglass enclosures, custom highlights, and lots of performance to go along with it, including nine 10" subwoofers, and more door speakers than anyone could ever imagine. There were amps all over the place, extra batteries, capacitors, everything. It was definitely the sport compact car audio enthusiast's dream setup.

Ever since then I have been involved in the industry, attending shows, working on comptetition cars, while trying to avoid sinking too much money into my own vehicles, as I have a son to feed now. Regardless, I have managed to create quite the impressive sound system in all three of my vehicles, and plan on doing substantially more into the future.

But the one that comes from all of this, is that I truly do know my car audio. I have tried so many different subwoofers, played around with numerous decks, and seen a large variety of application combinations that have worked and haven't worked. I have touched hundreds of systems in my years, and with that experience, I know what will work and what won't work.

Kicker Solo-Baric L7 S12L7 Subwoofer
One of the most unique products on the market today, would have to be the Kicke Solo Baric series. Rather than going with the traditional circle shaped subwoofers, Kicker decided to throw out some wild square shaped ones, which when first released blew the market away. They had created something so different, so radical, that many were afraid to test them out. Luckily for Kicker, the culture has drastically changed and a variety of different shapes have started to hit the market, now that Kicker has universal acceptance in the car audio world.

The Solo Baric series subs, the L7 in particular are some of the hardest hitting subs on the market. There are very few other products that can equal the power output of these subs, while offering the same sound quality.

Sound Quality
In comparison to other subs, the Solo Barics are pretty impressive. The sound quality is definitely better than most manufacturers who just produce their subs to be loud. The Solo Barics are more than capable of being quite loud, while at the same time have much less distortion than many of the other brands, when placed into a box of the appropriate dimensions.

At 1500 watts each, throw a couple of these together, with a powerful amp, and you'll have quite the impact. The biggest problem I have with these speakers is that often times they are too much power for what some vehicles can handle. Before installing these speakers, make sure that you don't have an aftermarket spoiler installed. The result of this could be a cracked trunk lid, so if you want to have both, make sure that you reinforce your trunk, because these subs along with the pressure of the spoiler will over a fairly short period of time cause your trunk to crack under the right conditions. This is especially true if you tend to crank your music up on a regular basis.

Product Details
Xmax (millimeters) 14.1
Parts Warranty 1 Year
Labor Warranty 1 Year

Final Thoughts
If you are looking for some of the hardest hits subs on the market, then the solo barics are some of the best you can buy. While they definitely aren't the cheapest by any means, they provide you with consistant power, that will last a long time under normal conditions. They also have a quality look to them, so they will add a little flare to your vehicle as well.

Kicker Solo-baric L7 12 Triple Sealed Subwoofer Box

Kicker Solo-baric L7 12 Triple Sealed Subwoofer Box

The Kicker solo-baric subwoofers are known for there ground pounding bass output. However they need to be in a solid enclosure that can take high powe...

Kicker - Solo-Baric S12L72 (11S12L72), Car Subwoofers

Kicker - Solo-Baric S8L74 (08S8L74), Car Subwoofers

8in Dual 4 ohm Solo-Baric L7 Series Car Subwoofer

Kicker 08GL710  10 Grille for 10 Solo-Baric L7 and L5

Kicker 08GL710 10 Grille for 10 Solo-Baric L7 and L5

10 Grille for 10 Solo-Baric L7 and L5 cast-aluminum grille,for use with 10 Solo-Baric L5 and L7 subwoofers
Crutchfield

Kicker Car Stereo S15l7 15 Loaded Vented Bass Speaker Sub Box Boss Imp2000m Amp

Kicker Car Stereo S15l7 15 Loaded Vented Bass Speaker Sub Box Boss Imp2000m Amp

5-Star eBay Seller Call the Experts 1-877-701-4253 Mon-Fri 8:30a-9:00p | Sat-Sun 10:00am-7:00p CST Car Audio Car Audio Accessories Marine Audio Marine...

Ads by Google