Kicker Comp VX CVX10 2006 1-Way 10" x 10" Car Subwoofer Reviews

Kicker Comp VX CVX10 2006 1-Way 10" x 10" Car Subwoofer

A little bit of power goes a long way

Sep 17, 2007 (Updated Sep 17, 2007)

• Sound Quality:

Pros:excellent sound clarity, ability to hit hard

Cons:none really

The Bottom Line: This is an excellent all around speaker. You are going to be able to have great clarity and sound for daily driving or hard hitting bass.

I have been a HUGE car audio fanatic for the last ten years. Ever since I was capable of driving, I have had a desire to blast my speakers at levels that weren’t fit for anyone’s ears. This has led to thousands of dollars in purchases, countless maxed out credit cards, and eventually led to a huge interest in the car customization business in general.

Over the last ten years, I have done countless installs on my own vehicles, my friends’ vehicles, and customer vehicles after I started up my own customization business in 2000, which eventually would be put out of business, by the economy crushing September 11th. Porous

Since the time September 11th, I have still maintained a great deal of side business, including work done for a local shop on a need basis. I now perform the majority of my installations as more of a hobbyist than for income. This affords me the opportunity to try out the latest equipment and improve the car customization scene within the state of Alaska.

Sound Quality
This is definitely one of my favorite speakers for installs. The main reasoning is that it is pretty much a catch all for consumers. With this particular sub, because of its specs, I am able to recommend it to people that are looking for a daily driving speaker and for those looking for a lot more bump behind their seats.

This speaker has excellent sound clarity and quality throughout its range and is more than enough for anyone that is looking for a high quality sound without getting out of hand. However, the speaker also has more than enough power to annoy the hell out of your neighbors, especially if you have multiple subs hooked up in a single vehicle. You are definitely going to let people know that you are coming if you really want to.

These subs definitely are not made for competition purposes, but they are going to give you a lot of range to play with to give you what you need, when you need it.

Durability
These are some VERY solid subs! Being that they are made by Kicker it is almost obvious that you are going to get only the best of quality from these speakers. I personally have never seen anyone blow one of these speakers out, however, I'm sure that it has happened. As long as you maintain the speakers within their limits and don't always attempt to push them to their max, they should last you several years. If you are however, attempting to push them to their limits all of the time, you should probably consider a much more powerful speaker that is meant for that type of load handling.

Appearance
As always these Kicker speakers look great. They have an aluminum rim with a dark black cone. They feature a nice Kicker logo in the middle so that everyone can see that you are only dealing with the best speakers in the business. There is also a little flare design on the cone that features a raised design. It is definitely a speaker that is going to stand out and show a little bit of aggressive class to your vehicle's sound system.

Setup
For the Kicker Comp CVX10, I would personally use a Kicker 400.1 amplifier. This particular amplifier is a Class D designed, mono amplifier. This should be more than enough power to adequately power this subwoofer without the waste that a lot of people have with amplifiers.

As for the enclosure, I would personally go with a custom box for this subwoofer. The main reasoning for this is that you can control a lot of the rattle issues that you have with other enclosures. Follow the specifications that I have included below. Once you have the box created, add a rubber lip around the opening in the box so that you can easily get the sub in and out without smashing your fingers. This will also deaden rattle at that point as well. I personally would use a sound deadening paint inside and outside of the box prior to placing the rubber lip. The reason for this paint is to not only seal the box somewhat, but it also helps to lessen the rattle of the box. You are going to sacrifice a tiny bit of overall sound, but if you port or vent the box you can more than make up for the deadening of the paint. I typically would cut two smaller ports at an angle. Have one angled up from the bottom and one angled down from the top on opposing sides. The reasoning for this is to create a vortex airflow. This will cool off your sub much faster than traditional methods and create much more efficient airflow. Just think of the massive jugs of laundry detergent, if you try and let out the detergent it is slow, but if you open up the cap on the opposite end of the jug suddenly it flows out quickly. It is essentially the same concept with a little bit more thought behind it.

Product Specifications

Power Handling RMS: 600 Watts
Total Q-Factor: 0.376
Equivalent Volume: 1.0 ft3
Outer Frame Diameter:10-11/16"
Hole Cut-Out Diameter: 9 1/4"
Mounting Depth: 5-15/16"

Kicker - CVX124 (10CVX124), Car Subwoofers

Kicker - CVX124 (10CVX124), Car Subwoofers

750W 12in CompVX Series Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVX104  10 Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVX104 10 Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

10 Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer one-piece SoloKon(tm) cone,cast aluminum basket,maximum power handling: 600 watts RMS (1200 watts peak)

Kicker - CVX122 (06CVX122), Car Subwoofers

Kicker - CVX122 (06CVX122), Car Subwoofers

12in Dual 2 ohm CompVX Series Car Subwoofer

Kicker - CVX124 (06CVX124), Car Subwoofers

Kicker - CVX124 (06CVX124), Car Subwoofers

12in Dual 4 ohm CompVX Series Car Subwoofer
Sonic Electronix

Kicker G10 10 Car Subwoofer Sub Woofer Grille Cover For Comp/comp-vr/cvx (pair)

Kicker G10 10 Car Subwoofer Sub Woofer Grille Cover For Comp/comp-vr/cvx (pair)

KICKER G10 10 SUBWOOFER GRILLE COVER FOR COMP/COMP-VR/CVX (PAIR) KICKER G10 10 SUBWOOFER GRILLE COVER FOR COMP/COMP-VR/CVX (PAIR) YOU WILL BE RECEIVIN...

Kicker 10CVX102  10 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVX102 10 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

10 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer one-piece SoloKon(tm) cone,cast aluminum basket,maximum power handling: 600 watts RMS (1200 watts peak)

Kicker 10CVX122  12 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVX122 12 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

12 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer one-piece SoloKon™ cone,cast aluminum basket,maximum power handling: 750 watts RMS (1500 watts peak)

Kicker Ks410 4x10 140watt 2-way Coaxial Car Speakers Totaling 140 Watt 11ks410

Kicker Ks410 4x10 140watt 2-way Coaxial Car Speakers Totaling 140 Watt 11ks410

The Kicker KS410 is a 2-way car speaker that is designed to deliver stereo sound of remarkable quality. The Kaladex semi-dome tweeter in this Kicker c...