Kidde Talking Smoke&carbon Monoxide Alarm Kn-cosm-b (47871072866) Reviews

Kidde Talking Smoke&carbon Monoxide Alarm Kn-cosm-b (47871072866)

Could Be a Life Saver - Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm

Nov 20, 2012

Pros:price, look, easy to install, easy to use

Cons:must change battery

The Bottom Line:

If you are looking for a reliable unit, I would recommend the Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm to others.

It was important to me and my family to find the perfect smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector. With a lot of research we decided on the Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm.

Out of the box the Smoke Alarm comes with a white 5.75“ round and 1.7“ deep combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector, a mounting bracket and hardware, three AA batteries and a user’s manual. I like that the Detector is attractive looking and is just the right size. It doesn’t hang down too far and it looks good. The Smoke Alarm uses ionization-sensing technology. The Smoke Alarm has a voice warming system. I like the voice warning and it clearly states what the problem is. The voice is that of a woman and you can clearly make out what she is saying.  If there is a fire the red LED will flash and you will hear three long beeps. The unit will then say “Fire, Fire”. The alarm keeps repeating until there is no smoke.

If carbon monoxide is detected you will hear four short alarm beeps and it will say “Warning, carbon monoxide”. The alarm will continue until you reset the unit or the carbon monoxide is eliminated.

If the battery is low you will hear a chirp followed by “Low Battery”. The red LED light will also flash. This will continue every minute for the first hour. After the first hour, the red LED light will flash every minute and chirp.

The unit also has a hush button which is also a test button. If the unit is going off and there is no emergency you can push the button and the alarm will stop. If the alarm is going off for ten minutes but then doesn’t sense smoke or carbon monoxide, the alarm will say “hush mode activated” and the green LED will flash every two seconds for ten minutes.

I like that the Smoke Alarm works during power outages since it is battery operated. When the unit is working properly the red LED light will flash every thirty seconds. The unit also has a test/reset button that allows you to test the unit at any time.

I like that the Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm requires no wires and is easy to install. My husband had it installed in minutes. All you need is a screwdriver to install the unit. We placed on the alarms in the upstairs hallway and the other one in our kitchen. The Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm has a nice look to it that it can really be installed with any home décor. The Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm does not require any type of maintenance other then you need to change the battery on a regular basis. The battery is also very easy to replace. We found the units to be reliable.

With the Kiddie Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm I like that I can hush the alarm with just a push of the button when I accidently burn dinner. I hated my old alarm because I would have to stand under it waving my arms to make fresh air go into it to stop it or I had to remove the battery to get it to stop.  I didn’t like having to remove the battery because I didn’t want to forget to put it back in.

We had found the Kiddie Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm so reliable that we purchased some as gifts. We have purchased them for my parents and my husband’s parents and grandparents. They have never had any issues with their units either.

We had purchased all our Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarms at Lowe’s for around $35.00 about two years ago. I have seen them sold both in stores and online for around the same price. The combination alarms are a bit more expensive than just a smoke alarm but the Kiddie unit is a midrange model. If you know someone who doesn’t have a smoke alarm, this would make a great gift.

The Kidde Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm is a quality unit that comes with a five year limited warranty.

We have only had our units for about two years but carbon monoxide alarms need to be replaced every five to seven years. This unit has a built in end of life reminder that beeps every thirty seconds once it needs to be replaced.

Fortunately we have never had an emergency that we had to truly test our smoke alarm (other than my burnt dinners) but I feel having a Kiddie Alarm could be in life saver.

I’m sure a smoke /carbon monoxide detector is just as important to you as it is to me.  If you are looking for a reliable unit, I would recommend the Kidde KN-COSM-B Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm to others.

KIDDE KN-COSM-BA BATTERY OPERATED SMOKE CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR Housing a carbon monoxide sensor as well as a smoke alarm, the Kidde KN-COSM-B combin...

amazing-buys Store (24 Pack) Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide Smoke Alarm NEW Key Features Talking Alarm announces the hazard type d...